New clubs in the West of Scotland

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Why do they need to have even numbers in each region? If the East went up to 80, where would the teams come from?

Wake me up when the SOS is up to 80 teams.

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

The East should still have the Dundee teams under it imo. 

That's 20 more teams that would be in the EoS

The Lowland League area already has far more clubs in it than Highland but the same promotion opportunities, that would make it much more unbalanced than it already is.  Leave them where they are.

43 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The Lowland League area already has far more clubs in it than Highland but the same promotion opportunities, that would make it much more unbalanced than it already is.  Leave them where they are.

It shouldn't make a big difference if they got the promotion and relegation right.

Invite Lochee and Tayport into a new LL2 😏

38 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It shouldn't make a big difference if they got the promotion and relegation right.

Invite Lochee and Tayport into a new LL2 😏

Nah, they're Heilanders now.  They were never part of the East Region JFA either until about 2002, so it's not as if traditional clubs were being excluded.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Wake me up when the SOS is up to 80 teams.

You'll need to change your username to Rip van Winkle.

And any opportunity to get my mandate across:                                                           There shouldn't be 2 separate leagues covering the West of Scotland.

Edited by An Absolute Imposter

3 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

You'll need to change your username to Rip van Winkle.

And any opportunity to get my mandate across:                                                           There shouldn't be 2 separate leagues covering the West of Scotland.

Is your mandate really about denying clubs choice and forcing them to go into summat they may not want to ????

1 hour ago, VodkaTap said:

Is your mandate really about denying clubs choice and forcing them to go into summat they may not want to ????

Of course not, it us up to the clubs either as a group or individually to determine their future.

Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have my opinion. I might not be from the Stewartry but live here now and attend as many games around as I physically can  supporting our clubs and speaking up for them across forums and social media.

I personally feel an integration would be beneficial for the future sustainability of our clubs, yes there is the danger some could suffer, but doesn't alter my view.

I have witnessed Threave's 2 seasons in the WOS and so far it has been a success, not just me talking have been told this by players and committee.

My other local club is St.Cuthbert's, probably been to St Mary's more times than most in Kirkcudbright, this great old club is struggling to get any interest, investment, even playing staff; have counted less than 20 other souls at some games this season. Can remember place being 'full' in the 90's when I lived in Buchanan St, and the talk in the Tides and Gordon House that night was about the game. Dont even hear the clubs name being mentioned anymore.

The last 2 seasons have seen the club in decline and has been difficult to witness especially when compared with their great rivals up the A75. The club needs an injection of something from somewhere cause they are struggling.

I know this is the WOS forum, but some day, maybe sooner than; well you never know what the future holds.