New clubs in the West of Scotland

On 25/05/2023 at 10:37, wintonfan said:

Can appreciate how getting the capacity up at pollok by installing barriers would be costly paperwork is the issue they would have to prove that the steel has been tested for cracks all welding would have to be done by a coded welder, all footings would have to be a certain depth into reinforced concrete. The days of using old railway rail and scaffold tube are long gone. Steel prices are through the roof as are all building material. Plus the amount needed

It would require substantial re-terracing too so we are looking at an astronomical amount to deal with this.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Any word on where Knightswood will be playing? Sure we used to play them at Netherton back in the day, but had heard it had fallen into disrepair a bit.

Play out of the secondary pitch at Scotstoun.

Edited by GNU_Linux

On Scotscores St Patrick’s are ranked as the best amateur team in the country, they are also champions of the strongest league. Knightswood is ranked 263, and is on the second level of a weaker league. Weird that the best team didn’t get elected. 

1 minute ago, lowenan said:

On Scotscores St Patrick’s are ranked as the best amateur team in the country, they are also champions of the strongest league. Knightswood is ranked 263, and is on the second level of a weaker league. Weird that the best team didn’t get elected. 

On that front keep in mind facilities are most important. From what i've seen said they intended to use Vale of Leven's Millburn in the 1st season. Which is a grass pitch and not something that's desired for groundshares anymore. Must have had something acceptable lined up if it was one or the other.

3 minutes ago, lowenan said:

I’m guessing for most club it is not about being the strongest but who the league scored as having better facilities etc.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I’m guessing for most club it is not about being the strongest but who the league scored as having better facilities etc.

Quite right imo. 

Shame St Pats couldn't get sorted with a ground share that would appaise the other clubs.... say sharing Dumbarton's paddy field for example :whistle

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

On that front keep in mind facilities are most important. From what i've seen said they intended to use Vale of Leven's Millburn in the 1st season. Which is a grass pitch and not something that's desired for groundshares anymore. Must have had something acceptable lined up if it was one or the other.

It's not my place to go into what their application entailed, but they weren't going to be sharing with us.

16 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

A bit like when the Lowland League started then. But this is tier 10.