New clubs in the West of Scotland

2 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

This like a newco Rossvale now without any history from the other Rossvale

That's how I see it as well so would the newco not have to reapply and maybe start at the bottom tier too? It's a strange one however it pans out.

That's how I see it as well so would the newco not have to reapply and maybe start at the bottom tier too? It's a strange one however it pans out.

That’s what I thought aswell the new version would have to apply to join the league while the Rossvale who been told to rename themselves now are allowed to keep there membership in the league and its history from when they where Rossvale so basically they keep the history

8 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

This like a newco Rossvale now without any history from the other Rossvale

The best comparison based on recent events would be the split between BSC Glasgow and the club that renamed itself Broomhill.

There's expected to be a Rossvale accepted into the WoSFL at today's AGM, they'll be starting at the bottom. The team we know in the WoS First Division have a seasom to rename themselves but keep the history from the Junior days onwards.

4 minutes ago, KRayr said:

Due to Dilution the majority of clubs will soon be boys club type teams with no fans than actual proper semi pro clubs with a history and some fans and a name in the community for men's football. 

Every club that has ever formed has had to start somewhere most in the past were amateur guys getting together and over the years they grew into the teams they are now it's now in present times most new teams forming are generally boys club's or like the past are amateur clubs so it's nothing new.

It's the bold franco a strange weird individual which shows in the utterly bizarre diet Rossvale 2011 twitter account.  Himself and the ego chairman scrambling about trying to keep this charade going is comedy gold. 
He's even trying to cosy up to fellow weirdo 'mozza'

Petershill must be like please just die Rossvale 2011 and leave our ground forever. 

Question is what will the new name be. 
Maybe they will try Springburn Europa Fc 

Mr Quinn who's been hunted from every team he's been involved with ?

Every club that has ever formed has had to start somewhere most in the past were amateur guys getting together and over the years they grew into the teams they are now it's now in present times most new teams forming are generally boys club's or like the past are amateur clubs so it's nothing new.
The difference is a lot of the teams you refer to were formed when football was still an emerging sport, or had yet to reach its attendance heyday in the 60s and 70s.

Nowadays Celtic and Rangers have corralled probably at least 80% of the football-supporting population with the others clubs making up the other 20%.

There aren't any unattached fans left. Even fans of WOSFL clubs probably have a 'big' team who they support. Clubs which are forming senior teams for the first time (e.g Bonnyton, St Cadocs etc) not only have to compete with the big clubs, but also existing WOSFL clubs, very often in towns or localities which already have a team at this level.

Bonnyton for example are probably reliant on Kilmarnock or Hurlford fans to pay a visit, but they'll never have a fanbase of their own.

I suppose it makes sense in a way for them to reap the benefits of their youth system but I'm not entirely sure where these clubs think they are going to end up.

And another question I suppose would be - are these senior clubs subsidised heavily by the parents of the kids on the youth system via subs?

14 minutes ago, energyzone said:

The difference is a lot of the teams you refer to were formed when football was still an emerging sport, or had yet to reach its attendance heyday in the 60s and 70s.

Nowadays Celtic and Rangers have corralled probably at least 80% of the football-supporting population with the others clubs making up the other 20%.

There aren't any unattached fans left. Even fans of WOSFL clubs probably have a 'big' team who they support. Clubs which are forming senior teams for the first time (e.g Bonnyton, St Cadocs etc) not only have to compete with the big clubs, but also existing WOSFL clubs, very often in towns or localities which already have a team at this level.

Bonnyton for example are probably reliant on Kilmarnock or Hurlford fans to pay a visit, but they'll never have a fanbase of their own.

I suppose it makes sense in a way for them to reap the benefits of their youth system but I'm not entirely sure where these clubs think they are going to end up.

And another question I suppose would be - are these senior clubs subsidised heavily by the parents of the kids on the youth system via subs?

Win more than they lose, challenge for promotion, win a title, don't get relegated, go on a cup run. I don't think many clubs sit there with a 5 year plan on the upupup. It usually boils down to improving on the year before.

Better to take it as it comes rather than focus on a destination. Otherwise the vast majority of clubs that operate in the bottom tier(s) should pack up and call it quits.

A decent chunk of clubs outside the top tiers are amateur in all but name. A lot of these new clubs are coming from an amateur background. The line in the "grades" Senior/Junior/Amateur is being eroded.

The population of a country isn't static, people die every day and new people are born every day. If any club is built on reasonably strong foundations, particularly in a town which doesn't have an existing team playing there (eg Newton Mearns, Bishopbriggs) then there is plenty of scope to accumulate supporters over time.

7 hours ago, energyzone said:

....And another question I suppose would be - are these senior clubs subsidised heavily by the parents of the kids on the youth system via subs?

Usually the senior team is expected to be financially self-supporting to avoid that criticism. That ultimately leads to the BSC and Rossvale scenario once it becomes clear that few if any players are coming through from the youth teams so the two groups decouple from each other.