New clubs in the West of Scotland

On 06/05/2022 at 17:10, cmontheloknow said:

Are they no longer at the McMaster Sports Centre or Johnstone Community SPorts Complex as it is now I thinK?

Still there it's just changed it's name to their own academy park. Was there today. Plenty scope if the club decide to want to develop it.

22 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

When are the teams who have applied likely to find out if they'll get in?

Seems it's likely they'll all be accepted (subject to ratification at the AGM, presumably).

If Doorbell win the playoffs and go up to the LL that'll give the WoSFL their target complement of 80 clubs. Just needs to be decided then what to do about Divisions 3 & 4 next season ...

Unless I'm reading it wrongly they hail from Kilwinning.
There is an amateur Kilwinning Rangers team which have apparently applied for WOS membership for next season.

I don't know if they are under the Kilwinning Sports Club umbrella but there do appear to be two separate boys club pathways in Kilwinning, one of which I think plays out of the Almswall Road 3G facility so I don't know if it's a tie-in with them.

Maybe they have to change their name to be accepted, hence the Eglinton?

59 minutes ago, energyzone said:

There is an amateur Kilwinning Rangers team which have apparently applied for WOS membership for next season.

I don't know if they are under the Kilwinning Sports Club umbrella but there do appear to be two separate boys club pathways in Kilwinning, one of which I think plays out of the Almswall Road 3G facility so I don't know if it's a tie-in with them.

Maybe they have to change their name to be accepted, hence the Eglinton?

Could they not ground share with Kilwinning Rangers as I’m quite sure that it’s a community park

20 minutes ago, jimmycouch said:

No new teams allowed to ground share on a grass park.

It was suggested earlier in this thread that would be the case.

Is it really going to be brought in? Surely it depends on the quality of the pitch and how well it's maintained and how much use is made of it. Not every situation will be the same and to automatically just say no to two teams sharing the same grass pitch seems unwise.

It was suggested earlier in this thread that would be the case.
Is it really going to be brought in? Surely it depends on the quality of the pitch and how well it's maintained and how much use is made of it. Not every situation will be the same and to automatically just say no to two teams sharing the same grass pitch seems unwise.

I’m sure that’s already the rule. You’d need to ask the league, only going by what I’ve read and heard from them on podcasts.

1 minute ago, jimmycouch said:

I’m sure that’s already the rule. You’d need to ask the league, only going by what I’ve read and heard from them on podcasts.

If Eglinton are coming into the League they'll need a suitable ground so they must have found one somewhere if not Kilwinning Rangers.