New clubs in the West of Scotland

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Is there not a 4 way agreement on the boundaries now?  I don't think they can just move regions on their own choice.

If my understanding is correct the only thing that they can do is campaign for the SoS to promote into the WoS(premier being the initial position) instead of LL. 

There's an agreement between WoSFL and EoSFL. That's it.

• 1 month later...
On 22/05/2021 at 16:29, FairWeatherFan said:

Broomhill Sports Club, Campbeltown Pupils, Finnart, Glenvale, Harmony Row, Harthill Royal, Kilsyth Athletic, St Peter's, and Westerton United.

On 22/05/2021 at 19:44, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I was informed that Blantyre Soccer club have applied to join the WOSFL as they have stated they are adding a U20 team into the development league as well

Anyone got any info on this

On 22/05/2021 at 20:31, LongTimeLurker said:

Think parkcircus has told us that they were approved but are delayed until next season now. Name is Blantyre Soccer Academy but they would play at the Jock Stein Centre in the Hillhouse scheme in Hamilton.

Digging back to 22nd May last year the list of newcomers emerged. Sadly Westerton United didn't make the start line.

Blantyre Academy delayed for twelve months too. Are they likely to join this time, after all?

Annbank United's "Will They Won't They?" question will be answered too with certainty.

Looks like another month before much comes out for next season.

3 minutes ago, Dev said:

...Blantyre Academy delayed for twelve months too. Are they likely to join this time, after all? ...

Don't think so. The Jock Stein Centre wasn't transferred to them by the local council:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19738752.council-refuses-application-jock-stein-centre-sold-soccer-academy/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/blantyre-soccer-academy-appeal-decision-26158618

On 22/04/2022 at 17:16, Dev said:

Digging back to 22nd May last year the list of newcomers emerged. Sadly Westerton United didn't make the start line.

Blantyre Academy delayed for twelve months too. Are they likely to join this time, after all?

Annbank United's "Will They Won't They?" question will be answered too with certainty.

Looks like another month before much comes out for next season.

Annbank Amateurs were supposed to be playing as Annbank Juniors next season but that isn`t happening now. The lads that were promised WOSFL football next season are already looking for new clubs.

Campbeltown Pupils:

thescottishfootballpartnership.com/sfp-trust-facilities-funding-campbeltown-pupils-afc/

SFP Trust Facilities Funding – Campbeltown Pupils AFC

Campbeltown Pupils AFC recently completed the regeneration and reworking of their clubhouse at Kintyre Park with the support of the Scottish Football Partnership Trust and a number of local funding agencies. The project has created a modern home for the club and a platform for development and this is something that the club have already seen the benefits of when they were accepted into the new West of Scotland Development League.

“The Invaluable support we received from the Scottish Football Partnership Trust has helped to improve the changing facilities at our home ground. This in turn has allowed us to meet the criteria and standards of the West of Scotland Football League, a wonderful new venture that provides a platform for the development of football at our club and, within the wider community as a whole. Thanks to the generosity of the Scottish Football Partnership Trust, football’s development pathway in the far west of the country is now secure”. “Thanks a million”

Alex McKinven, Campbeltown Pupils AFC

On 27/04/2021 at 13:56, parkcircus said:

Easterhouse have a paused application that we’ll revisit once they have the asset transfer in place and have their new park setup.

Finnart are looking to play out of Springburn temporarily with another club, we are talking with Partick Thistle Trust to make sure the parks are available and can be upgraded to suit with Finnart moving back to Glasgow green once it’s ready to pass the ground criteria.

Two clubs have passed the ground criteria with others due a second visit at the end of May

Someone mentioned Easterhouse FA in a recent post. They've some impressive new facilities just opened and have their Under 19's in the SFA Under 19's Cup Quarter Finals:

www.facebook.com/easterhousefa

Photos

https://scontent-lhr8-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279288353_525085782391874_8896388261787071926_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p280x280&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=4YWFq75ZCggAX94SFdO&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=00_AT9SGErLutd7IanMq7LDRrDxtyVSFfkWCCAMLe7SfG0DLg&oe=62709784
https://scontent-lhr8-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279363452_525085775725208_7146185960404562321_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p280x280&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=RNoGxrowSY4AX-OKqNJ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=00_AT-jYXOYLFpsVNavvXicnVLKdffGR0A6Ca38r4urnt1qVA&oe=626F3B6E
https://scontent-lhr8-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279398753_525085769058542_4760408806964377575_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p280x280&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=-C9WZmfgUVAAX-8-YKi&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=00_AT_9GFilpVvKWiPjpskWZUaxC2khkg-sStCTMdeyZxA-kw&oe=626FCE3A
https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279295272_525085755725210_2444230525616181629_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p280x280&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=D_Gf3wKAiN4AX93TyCF&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=00_AT8FJx2vpQpVAyxencE7QTisQssnAh4j0G3lJBiLZ936og&oe=626F2EDF
https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279387943_525085749058544_3953734243626983833_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p280x280&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=_JAtd7KA3J8AX_p1NI4&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=00_AT9g0hjMTImAa5XwVM0XJnPXAlCePQBx9ouUR1oBwmtU7w&oe=626FF29F
https://scontent-lhr8-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279351332_525085729058546_5203956989622823696_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p280x280&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=fZq5gfLGR0EAX_ECEoZ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=00_AT_Er3G1t-pIFIfeP6uzLjVjvT5qXQthXmPZORovcyebMg&oe=626FACC3

Something being talked about elsewhere that probably also belongs in this thread:

23 hours ago, Ginaro said:

"Strongly rumoured that both St Cuthbert Wanderers and Threave Rovers have applied to join the West of Scotland League for next season." from Prorege on https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/south-of-scotland-league-2021-2.4863/post-149653

If so it would reduce the SOS to 11, the lowest number of clubs since 2013-14.

Makes sense if they want more of a challenge but don't want to go to the LL. They'd probably do well in the WOS Third Division, which would then have 20+ clubs and have to split in some way.

6 hours ago, jimmycouch said:

Looking at the pictures that venue is not suitable for WoS football.

Agree, but not much difference from the facilities that Rossvale used at Huntershill. I know that was in the juniors but it got them started. 

24 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

Agree, but not much difference from the facilities that Rossvale used at Huntershill. I know that was in the juniors but it got them started. 

Didn't Rossvale start at Petershill, then move to Huntershill where it was quickly found to be inadequate?

53 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Didn't Rossvale start at Petershill, then move to Huntershill where it was quickly found to be inadequate?

It was adequate enough to play a full season at it. 
The point I tried to make was that they got to play  in a league with very similar facilities to Stepford. 

I must admit I was at a game at Huntershill when they played Banks O Dee in the Scottish and it was a horrible place to watch a game but it served a purpose. 

Edited by Lurcer

1 hour ago, Lurcer said:

It was adequate enough to play a full season at it. 
The point I tried to make was that they got to play  in a league with very similar facilities to Stepford. 

I must admit I was at a game at Huntershill when they played Banks O Dee in the Scottish and it was a horrible place to watch a game but it served a purpose. 

It might be good enough to get into the Fourth Division, but they've got to have a plan beyond that. Huntershill wasn't good enough mid-long term for Rossvale. As a club they've had to move on entirely.

We're now seeing some of the problems Drumchapel United are having getting Donald Dewar up to WoSFL standard. Same is true for Harmony Row which is meant to be seeing them groundshare for another season.

I'm hoping this new place in Kirkintilloch has actually been built with spectators in mind so that KRR (or anyone else) don't face the same challenges.

31 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It might be good enough to get into the Fourth Division, but they've got to have a plan beyond that. Huntershill wasn't good enough mid-long term for Rossvale. As a club they've had to move on entirely.

We're now seeing some of the problems Drumchapel United are having getting Donald Dewar up to WoSFL standard. Same is true for Harmony Row which is meant to be seeing them groundshare for another season.

I'm hoping this new place in Kirkintilloch has actually been built with spectators in mind so that KRR (or anyone else) don't face the same challenges.

Has the ground been broken in Kirkintilloch. 

I've heard the following clubs have applied for next season:

Blantyre Soccer Academy
Easterhouse
Eglinton
Rossvale Academy
Thorn Athletic
Threave Rovers
West Park United

Also a couple of other interesting things.

Possible rule changes.....
Clubs promoted to the Premier have five years in which to get Licenced, if not they are relegated.
League membership to be capped at 80 clubs.