New clubs in the West of Scotland

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes, but has Kilbride continued as a WoSL club or reverted to their previous status?

And has what was their team gone to Ardeer?

The plan was for Kilbride Thistle's amateur team to step up to the WoSFL with TASS Thistle's amateur team taking on the Kilbride Thistle name.

I would guess that's what's played out for Kilbride Thistle ams to have a team on the go with the departures..

EDIT: This was from after the announced departures to Ardeer.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

56 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^The ignore function is there for a reason. If you don't like his posts they would be easy enough to consistently avoid if he wasn't changing aliases all the time.

E2kWlmtXwAEpl-9?format=jpg&name=900x900

Club Statement 😂

hope they remembered to update the Stock Exchange too!

That statement from Kilbride Thistle always worried me. If Sean Kenney's intention is to take Kilbride Thistle into the WoSFL in his Chairman role, what happens then? Does he take the whole team back from Ardeer Thistle and leave them in the lurch.

23 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes, but has Kilbride continued as a WoSL club or reverted to their previous status?

And has what was their team gone to Ardeer?

Kilbride Thistle's amateur team appears to have transitioned across to being Ardeer Thistle while another amateur club Tass Thistle is stepping in to be Kilbride Thistle in Ayrshire amateur terms. Given how Ardeer Thistle have been struggling in recent seasons, the previous committee may have been happy to step aside and let another group take it on lock, stock and barrel. Seems to me that having a struggling WoS club and ambitious youth clubs amalgamating their efforts would be a better outcome than having a second WoS club emerge in Saltcoats.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

^^^The ignore function is there for a reason. If you don't like his posts they would be easy enough to consistently avoid if he wasn't changing aliases all the time.
E2kWlmtXwAEpl-9?format=jpg%26name=900x900&key=ecdb2231f4e4f8ab997d4887c32c7692c4a36f2ad6cf28923dc0fd86a66393c5

They really need to get someone to proofread their statements.

This happens so often down in England, that it doesn't surprise me. Manager joins club A with a bigger budget. Club B sees the majority of players follow the manager, leaving them to struggle along. Most times it's a sponsors money that drives the scheme, eventually to backfire after say  5 years. Now with the majority of Scottish clubs gone Senior, this will happen more and more, sadly.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, Honestman1954 said:
Do you know where Westerton intend to play home games next season?

Westerton United have withdrawn.

Whats the story ,will they be looking to join at a later date or have they gave up on the idea

11 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

They had some plans to move to St Matthews playing fields in Ardrossan and develop a ground there, I believe.

The playing fields and school are in Saltcoats not Ardrossan.

If Kilbride Thistle want to move up beyond the amateur ranks then fair enough. But it makes sense to do it in West Kilbride, not the Three Towns where there is already an established club in each town.

Abso...feckin...lutetely.

I did try to hint toward that point of view to Sean weeks ago. He gave a very diplomatic, non-comittal, response.

Everybody down here knows that Ardeer Thistle & Saltcoats Victoria have both been crying out for haunners from the local populace for ages.

Why are they only getting help from TASS and Kilbride now ?

Just throwing it in, say IF around 10 amateur clubs are looking to go senior sometime,  questions spring to mind 1) are there enough grounds that meet criteria, 2) would these clubs have finances to upgrade and 3) are there enough players who wish to go senior ? Seeing as most are already  signed by  current WOSFL clubs I'd guess. Have realistic dreams and ambition.

14 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Abso...feckin...lutetely.

I did try to hint toward that point of view to Sean weeks ago. He gave a very diplomatic, non-comittal, response.

Everybody down here knows that Ardeer Thistle & Saltcoats Victoria have both been crying out for haunners from the local populace for ages.

Why are they only getting help from TASS and Kilbride now ?

Maybe because the old Juniors club are now in with the big boys?