New clubs in the West of Scotland

58 minutes ago, arnlow said:

Dozens of areas all over Scotland don't need anymore 'semi professional clubs ' but that doesn't stop those areas being flooded with wannabe's. 

We have amateur clubs chancing it knowing its a long shot they will make it past a couple of years.  They get entertained allowed in totally diluting things and making a total mockery of the amateur game ruining two levels of the game in one move. 

Well then, thank f**k people like you killed the Juniors or it would be three levels. So thats a wee brucie bonus for you.

I have to say that's a really disappointing managerial announcement tweet from Ardeer. 

I mean the guy might be great for all I know but they missed a wonderful opportunity to maximize the Ardeer brand by dragging that out over 8 or 9 tweets.

Clearly they have much to learn from the exciting online marketing and communications talent that we as fans of low level Pyramid clubs have the absolute pleasure of enjoying on our timelines. 

Think so long as any new club meets criteria re ground etc, and can compete in a catchment area for players then fair enough. My only dislike is when the sugar daddy sponsor starts talking bollocks, only to disappear in a few years. We get clubs down south who realistically know their limits, while others are totally clueless. Good luck to all the new clubs, I'm sure you're ambitious and honest with your dreams.

It seems that Ardeer have made a very positive appointment. Getting a ready made club within a club. What is the fans feelings tho. Is there a chance Ardeer die and the team changes their name to Kilbride. Is that allowed at this grade. Or does Kilbride thistle re apply in a couple years and if accepted the full " club" move back and leave Ardeer in a worse position.

Short term masterstroke, long term it must be a worry.

I agree , sounds a good move at this stage but I’m the same , in 2/3 years do they apply again then leave them in the shit . Hopefully not and everything works out for both parties and they start to improve and build , few decent players at Kilbride who personally could play at that level no problem . 

They won't be the first team to take on an Amateur team lock stock and barrel and they won't be the last.
As long as it improves them on and off the park and doesn't end in tears.
I can remember Loudoun Valley under 18s coming in at Darvel years ago which kept the club going in difficult times so good luck to Ardeer

In reality with so many clubs going 'senior' these days, I'm guessing that Scotland only has a smallish pool of players to pick from - so the tie up with youth clubs will no doubt flourish in years to come. Whether clubs lose identity or change their names, time will tell. We get it down south, manager leaves, 'his' players usually follow him fairly soon. leaving the other club having to rebuild.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, caleyth said:

Spot on absolute disgrace. 

So this lot can't get in so just go take over another junior team,  bombard it's twitter with fancy new graphics and tweets. 

No thought for the history of ardeer thistle,  purely ego driven by a bunch playing football manager who will happily dump ardeer at the drop of a hat with no care in the world for them. 

Where are the checks and balances from officials to protect member clubs from these take overs something should be in place ffs. 

Oh Traffers/Gassy/Arny the Juniors are still dead. You sat on your hands and allowed it to happen and the pain you feel over your inaction is destroying you. 

^^^The ignore function is there for a reason. If you don't like his posts they would be easy enough to consistently avoid if he wasn't changing aliases all the time.

59 minutes ago, MTD78 said:

Bit of a sneaky move from Kilbride Th imo.

You’d think it was La Liga they were now in going by their Twitter account.

E2kWlmtXwAEpl-9?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by LongTimeLurker

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did Kilbride get knocked back then move the infrastructure in to Ardeer, have I got that right?

They had some plans to move to St Matthews playing fields in Ardrossan and develop a ground there, I believe.

Just now, Cyclizine said:

They had some plans to move to St Matthews playing fields in Ardrossan and develop a ground there, I believe.

Yes, but has Kilbride continued as a WoSL club or reverted to their previous status?

And has what was their team gone to Ardeer?