New clubs in the West of Scotland

3 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

You know, that crossed my mind...with the advent of the WOSFL associate member tier, the bar's never been set lower for entry into senior football.

I think we can now almost certainly finally put the biennial Thirds-to-return news stories to bed now as being what they always in reality were...nothing more than a blawhard that liked seeing his name in the paper.

That idea about the newcomers that tick all the boxes go into Division 3.

Does that mean there could be 25 or more clubs in the bottom league?

Strange one if based on16 teams in the top league and so on.

2 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

They can't relegate any of the original 67 to a Fourth Division as the Conferences were only about forming First-Second-Third Divisions. That would have meant 16-16-16-19 without factoring anything else in.

The Third Division was never likely to be a 16 team league in its first season as being the bottom division it would have been the entry point for new applicants. Which is really all the "Fourth Division" is at the moment, a placeholder for applicant clubs.

The Third Division will either regionalise or be in Conferences in 2022-23 by the looks of it. If regionalisation isn't the permanent approach taken, then 2022-23 could be used to form proper Third and Fourth Divisions for the following seaosn.

13 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

I think Div 3 might split at 22+ teams into 2 conferences and then form a proper Div 4 the following year.

Div 5 (club dev) should be folded by then and new clubs applying with full criteria from 2023 

If say 6 of the 9 clubs pass the AGM and there’s not enough new clubs then they’d have to go amateur or take some time out until they have a fit ground. We’ve previously said we won’t allow ground sharing clubs to get a criteria, maybe that would change but I doubt it.

Just my opinion, I missed the last board meeting night.

Will hopefully all be resolved over the next few seasons

12 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

I think Div 3 might split at 22+ teams into 2 conferences and then form a proper Div 4 the following year.

Div 5 (club dev) should be folded by then and new clubs applying with full criteria from 2023 

If say 6 of the 9 clubs pass the AGM and there’s not enough new clubs then they’d have to go amateur or take some time out until they have a fit ground. We’ve previously said we won’t allow ground sharing clubs to get a criteria, maybe that would change but I doubt it.

Just my opinion, I missed the last board meeting night.

Will hopefully all be resolved over the next few seasons

Thanks PC, a bit more clearer.

I noticed on one newcomers social media account a local councillor doing the whole high 5, well done lads, great brilliant blah blah blah.

And then somebody said, "I hope councillor you will be doing everything possible to help this club regarding getting a home ground with facilities to match".

Silence.

1 hour ago, parkcircus said:

We’ve previously said we won’t allow ground sharing clubs to get a criteria, maybe that would change but I doubt it.

Surprised with this tbh.

As long as it’s within reason (Clydebank/Yorker for example) I can’t see the problem. It’s when you have clubs trying to share at a ground 20-30odd miles away to obtain a license that I can understand them being rejected

13 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Surprised with this tbh.

As long as it’s within reason (Clydebank/Yorker for example) I can’t see the problem. It’s when you have clubs trying to share at a ground 20-30odd miles away to obtain a license that I can understand them being rejected

Clydebank & Yoker seem to be one of the rare permanent agreements. 

If you had two clubs doing the same thing I'm not sure it would be a problem. 

Instead you've got the likes of St Cadocs, KRR, and Rossvale looking for a place of convenience for an unknown period of time. 

18 hours ago, Dev said:

Which "famous" old clubs would you like to see re-appear (excluding all references to the OF)?

I'd like to see Telegraphists, but they would have problems with the opposition intercepting their passes.

Greenock Abstainers I am guessing would have difficulties finding an XI.

On 26/05/2021 at 23:32, Spyro said:

Surprised with this tbh.

In this case this is both clubs permanent home grounds, within both their communities 

22 minutes ago, The craw said:

temporary ground sharing within local proximity fair enuff bt when clubs are sneaking in and ground sharin 30 odd miles away on along term basis  then no fur me 

Is this not only one club? BSC? Who did start in Glasgow and are still looking to return tl Glasgow?

Sadly,sometimes club's on field success (ambition) is never matched by off field structure - no £ or ground as such. They then look to scratch around for a few years, sharing everywhere - then promotions eventually put borrowed grounds out of touch, slippery slope ahead ⛷️ Give new clubs say 2 years grace to obtain a ground of their own ? 

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Sadly,sometimes club's on field success (ambition) is never matched by off field structure - no £ or ground as such. They then look to scratch around for a few years, sharing everywhere - then promotions eventually put borrowed grounds out of touch, slippery slope ahead ⛷️ Give new clubs say 2 years grace to obtain a ground of their own ? 

Colne Dynamos!

Looks as though Kilbride Thistle, having been unsuccessful in their bid to enter the WoS, has moved across to Ardeer Thistle !

twitter.com/ArdeerThistleFC/status/1398717085560324097

✍️𝙈𝘼𝙉𝘼𝙂𝙀𝙍 𝘼𝙉𝙉𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘾𝙀𝙈𝙀𝙉𝙏 Ardeer Thistle Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of as manager. Sean joins the club having previously managed Kilbride Thistle, and brings with him the players and backroom staff…

Q-8GExXP_bigger.jpg

Replying to and
Great appointment for the club 👏

9 hours ago, Dev said:

Looks as though Kilbride Thistle, having been unsuccessful in their bid to enter the WoS, has moved across to Ardeer Thistle !

twitter.com/ArdeerThistleFC/status/1398717085560324097

✍️𝙈𝘼𝙉𝘼𝙂𝙀𝙍 𝘼𝙉𝙉𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘾𝙀𝙈𝙀𝙉𝙏 Ardeer Thistle Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of as manager. Sean joins the club having previously managed Kilbride Thistle, and brings with him the players and backroom staff…

Q-8GExXP_bigger.jpg

Replying to and
Great appointment for the club 👏

Who thought that idea up ought to try for First Minister.

Really hope this works out well for Ardeer. Been a tough last few years for them and although I'm not really involved any more, I've tons of great memories (and nightmares of disastrous defeats) from the last 10+ years down there.

11 hours ago, Dev said:

The three towns part of Ayrshire really didn't need another semi-professional level club. Good to see that the common sense solution has unfolded. Guess that only leaves Stewarton but maybe they are delayed for a year like the Blantyre/Hillhouse club.

Dozens of areas all over Scotland don't need anymore 'semi professional clubs ' but that doesn't stop those areas being flooded with wannabe's. 

We have amateur clubs chancing it knowing its a long shot they will make it past a couple of years.  They get entertained allowed in totally diluting things and making a total mockery of the amateur game ruining two levels of the game in one move.