New clubs in the West of Scotland

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 23:33, Hillonearth said:

Speaking of rock and roll lifestyles and Campbeltown, I remember a band I was in back in the day was booked to play the town hall there - the Victoria Hall? We were unloading the gear in the lane at the side of it when two polis walked down and said hello, only to see the bass player who hadn't noticed them and was still in the van head down doing an enormous line of speed off the dashboard.

We thought he was getting lifted and the gig was off, but they just shook their heads, laughed and walked away. Bizarre.

Justin Currie found...imho ;)

Yes I reckon misspelling the town name will be the norm lol.

Anyway good luck to them and all the new entrants-will be great to see some new places and a trip to Kintyre with its beautiful beaches and coastline,distilleries and some lovely hostelries will be a treat if you get it.Long way but definitely worth an overnight.

twitter.com/OfficialWoSFL/status/1394761419913060363

Great intro meeting with our #WoSFLDivision4 clubs tonight and the #WoSFLBoard the enthusiasm and energy from all of the newcomers on the call was tremendous to see. #rollonthenewseason

I can't help but wondering about the two clubs the WoSFL are still talking to about being admitted. What happens if they eventually get the rubber ear?

Will they be too late to re-join the League they were originally in? It's just that clubs are arranging friendlies now and these clubs won't even know where they are playing.

On 16/05/2021 at 21:14, jimbaxters said:

Why are you posting tweets containing news which has already been posted here? 

The second tweet - the President Statement was completely new. The first tweet was repetition but I included it to provide a context. On reflection I should perhaps have left it out .

On 12/05/2021 at 09:25, parkcircus said:

Finnart and BSC will be playing at Spingburn until their home grounds pass the criteria 

There was a wee bit of  confusion about these clubs playing at Petershill Park but Finnart have this on their Twitter:

4 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/glenvale-aiming-paisley-proud-club-24139198

Not sure this has been posted - will play out of Ferguslie Sports Centre.

ferguslie sports centre will need a lot of work in order to make it for semi pro level 

6 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

There was a wee bit of  confusion about these clubs playing at Petershill Park but Finnart have this on their Twitter:

£25 for a season ticket? Even only 9 teams in the 4th Division will give you 8 home games. That's quite a bargain.

11 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Had to look that up. Had it confused with the old red ash football pitches on Broomfield Rd I remember from the old Glasgow transport league. Easy on the tackling he's on a back shift.

Hopefully Finnart can long term get playing nearer Bridgeton.

Love the Bridgeton Cross Umbrella on the badge.

Edited by Tutankhamen
f**k the SFA

6 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

£25 for a season ticket? Even only 9 teams in the 4th Division will give you 8 home games. That's quite a bargain.

Certainly is a bargain considering others at the same level are charging £50.

Be curious to see if any of the new clubs have support outside of the usual friends and family.

Edited by Tutankhamen
f**k the SFA

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Aiming for a 12 Home & 12 Away season.

Even more of a bargain. It will be interesting to see how all the clubs charge for admission throughout the various Divisions now that it's up to the clubs themselves what is charged.

5 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Had to look that up. Had it confused with the old red ash football pitches on Broomfield Rd I remember from the old Glasgow transport league. Easy on the tackling he's on a back shift.

Hopefully Finnart can long term get playing nearer Bridgeton.

Love the Bridgeton Cross Umbrella on the badge.

Were the scabby knees pitches on Broomfield Road not in Barmulloch rather than Springburn ?

Oh,...and remember the old Corpy Transport ground at Helenvale ?...great playing surface but you came off the pitch wae legs like jelly if you weren't used to the sheer "bigness" of the park. We played in the reverse Ajax shirt and pretended to be good. Some of us were very good. But not me.

Happy days.

Anyhoo...£25 a season to watch an amateur team in a cage ?

eh...naw, thanks all the same...