New clubs in the West of Scotland

18 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

What do we know about Finnart AFC, the amateur club from Bridgeton ? 
https://www.caledonianleague.co.uk/fg/1_438189007.html

Easterhouse FA would be a good addition.

Both clubs also mentioned in this article which I missed:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19229981.best-west-hugh-kelly-shettlestons-potential-name-change-desire-buy-greenfield-park-signing-players/

Finnart are typically one of the biggest and well known names in the youth and amateurs ranks they are normally based out of Glasgow green unless they having planned for a ground share with maybe vale of Clyde until the facility is in place for the first team (Dont qoute me on ground sharing withvale of clyde closet ground to that area that is not Shettleston or Celtic I can think off)  

Easterhouse FA im sure only started in the past couple of year and must have the same ambition as such teams such as gartcairn and rossvale if they are considering joining the wosfl

Easterhouse have a paused application that we’ll revisit once they have the asset transfer in place and have their new park setup.

Finnart are looking to play out of Springburn temporarily with another club, we are talking with Partick Thistle Trust to make sure the parks are available and can be upgraded to suit with Finnart moving back to Glasgow green once it’s ready to pass the ground criteria.

Two clubs have passed the ground criteria with others due a second visit at the end of May

5 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Harthill Royals assessment went well apparently !!

Couple of wee things to get tidied up and theyre good tae go for next season.

A bottom tier WoS league defo looks on the cards for those who have applied for next season.

The feeder league is something we are looking into at the moment, as it solves a lot of issues with incoming teams and the current conference setup

Wtf who's in charge of the cringe worthy woke west of scotland media account .
boycott pish jumping on a bandwagon that is totally pointless just to make themselves look good.
Idiots.

Well good evening sunshine. Hope your doing ok petal and those big meanies running the social media at the league aren’t causing you so much chagrin.

1 hour ago, gaswork said:

Wtf who's in charge of the cringe worthy woke west of scotland media account .
boycott pish jumping on a bandwagon that is totally pointless just to make themselves look good.
Idiots.

You should boycott it

Boycott schmoycott. As if not posting for the weekend will change anything. Doubt Twitter et al will be arsed about it.

Would love to see a statistic on how many views these platforms get this weekend.  Everyone will still log in anyway to check if anyone has posted making it a pointless exercise.

Edited by jimbaxters

6 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

What was it you normally say about someone trawling through posts/social media from way back. 😄

No idea, you weren't a member on here at that time, you're supposed to be new here remember   🙄

Plus the screenshot is from twitter and was re-tweeted by someone else recently, an amusing heads gone moment like gaswork.

Edited by Burnieman

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Out of interest, does the boycott include posting on here?

No talking about football, but non-football related shite is allowed, so most people on P&B are safe. ;) 

I've no problem with the wider objective of the protest but I'm not sure what difference a  WOS Twitter boycott will make given that they'd be twiddling their thumbs with no games to Tweet about anyway. 

At least it annoys the likes of Gaswork and others of a high blood pressure/ low brain cell disposition. 

49 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I've no problem with the wider objective of the protest but I'm not sure what difference a  WOS Twitter boycott will make given that they'd be twiddling their thumbs with no games to Tweet about anyway. 

At least it annoys the likes of Gaswork and others of a high blood pressure/ low brain cell disposition. 

I'm sure Zuckerberg and Dorsey are up to high doh.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm sure Zuckerberg and Dorsey are up to high doh.

Well the UK gov got their their fingers out quicksmart when Marcus Rashford campaigned for school meals so it's not that difficult to envisage this achieving the fairly modest target of bringing  a greater degree of accountability for people who give footballers racist abuse on social media and raising some awareness of just how absolutely cretinous that sort of behaviour is. 

In any event I would hope the WOS Twitter account is big enough to share that success with the little people from the likes of Man U and Chelsea for their input as well. 

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Probably not but you and your wee pal are and that's the point.

Wether it's an international at Hampden or WoSFL gammony wee racists aren't welcome 

Sincerely hope the sentiment in that isn't to suggest I'm a racist? Or even gammony (whatever that is apart from an in vogue term taken from the GN forum).

Of course the awareness angle is correct but the impact will be notional aside from giving people a feeling that they're doing something. The problem is bigger than that and needs radical action, not a few days off posting. 

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

He's probably the lastest to mistakenly assume you are a Rangers supporter based on your username.

Maybe. Certainly not the case

18 hours ago, Shanner said:

Well the UK gov got their their fingers out quicksmart when Marcus Rashford campaigned for school meals so it's not that difficult to envisage this achieving the fairly modest target of bringing  a greater degree of accountability for people who give footballers racist abuse on social media and raising some awareness of just how absolutely cretinous that sort of behaviour is. 

In any event I would hope the WOS Twitter account is big enough to share that success with the little people from the likes of Man U and Chelsea for their input as well. 

Comparing apples with oranges there pal. Rashford pointed out a blatantly wrong, right wing, capitalist policy which could easily be remedied. Racism and online abuse, however is an insiduous aspect of social culture which unfortunately cannot be so easily reversed. Again, admirable though the sentiments behind the boycott are, it's throwing a cup of water on a raging inferno. Especially since it's obvious that those boycotting will still log on plenty over the weekend, if nothing else than to discover who to call racist for having the audacity to break the boycott.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not aiming any annoyance at the WoSFL like my "wee pal". They are part of the SFA and so, of course, need to be compliant with the requests for boycott.