New clubs in the West of Scotland

On 29/03/2021 at 07:52, FairWeatherFan said:

That was the only other newsworthy part of the podcast. The PWG is meeting today on the proposed Midland League. As Tayside is hedging their bets by talking with both Highland and Lowland it could have some impact on the WoSFL. Since them going Lowland changes the LL Pyramid Play-off in some way and participation in the SCC.

How many teams would realistically be covered within that area ? 

1 minute ago, BANKIEBILL said:

By the sounds of it there will be 18 clubs in the Midland League: the 17 current ERJFA North + 1 amateur side making the step.

30 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Currently 17 would be in Tayside/Midland. Although there's rumours from more in the know as you can see above. It's looking like they're going to be a feeder to the Highland League though.

31 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Horrible things those 3g cages, not the greatest viewing places on earth. Re Glasgow Perthshire's Keppoch Park : couldn't they  use the speedway club or is that too far away ? Roll on season 21/22 can't wait ! Glencruitten looks good, couldn't they develop down the one side to meet criteria ?

The Speedway club beside keppoch Park is used by Ashfeild FC. Not sure if they own it or not

I see that the EoS has made an official statement about the number of applications to join for next season, etc. Will the WoS be making a similar statement before very long? With 11 applications mentioned recently I wonder what the total was in the end?

It will be very interesting to see which clubs are aiming to step up to the seniors and  which leagues they're coming from e.g. ERJFA, SoS, Amateurs, Youth, etc.

Edited by Dev

21 hours ago, Dev said:

I see that the EoS has made an official statement about the number of applications to join for next season, etc. Will the WoS be making a similar statement before very long? With 11 applications mentioned recently I wonder what the total was in the end?

It will be very interesting to see which clubs are aiming to step up to the seniors and  which leagues they're coming from e.g. ERJFA, SoS, Amateurs, Youth, etc.

The WOSFL are surprisingly quiet. Hope that there are no issues of concern re new applicants and that a new Development Division can be seamlessly formed for the 2021/22 season.

On 02/04/2021 at 13:45, Pyramidic said:

The WOSFL are surprisingly quiet...

What to do with an Argyll applicant that involves a bus journey of epic proportions could explain that. Would be hilarious to watch what unfolds if Harthill Royal find out they have an away game against Campbelltown Pupils next season after applying to the WoS to avoid a trip to Coldstream or Tweedmouth in the EoS.

Mozza from the official catchup podcast says hes heard at least one of the unknown applicants are from Argyll and Bute.
Another rumour I've heard is a team from Strathaven. They have a platinum mark club and have all the basic stuff by the looks of it, enclosed pitch, technical area etc.  
strathaven-pitch.png&key=954b9775fe5204c635ea79f014883c9a74a823aff81c22b95286ef7ac98c9ca6 

The one I’ve heard are from Paisley.

1 hour ago, Benidorm said:

Mozza from the official catchup podcast says hes heard at least one of the unknown applicants are from Argyll and Bute.

Another rumour I've heard is a team from Strathaven. They have a platinum mark club and have all the basic stuff by the looks of it, enclosed pitch, technical area etc.  

strathaven-pitch.png 

That'll be Strathaven Dynamo I assume then...they're another one of those sides that have age-group teams all the way down.

I can only think of Glenvale Glennifer and St Peter’s who would have the size / committee to think they can make the step up, none of which have amateur teams unless things have changed in last couple of years.

None of the teams have their own facilities either as far as I’m aware but I am a bit out of touch these days admittedly.