New clubs in the West of Scotland

22 hours ago, rockson said:

I've just realised Bestsinceslicebread meant "a case in point."

Edited to add:-  I see two others have commented on this.

(Also, the phrase is actually, "best since sliced bread.")

Would've been one more only I was beaten to it.

Doesn't seem to be much point now though.

Not even a casing one.

I mean one carrot for the WoSFL to dangle to top amateur clubs is that the WoS will be considerably higher on the list than any local amateur leagues when it comes to return to playing/spectating. 
As I've said before I do think Strathclyde Uni and Oban Saints would be mad not to apply.

If amateur football isn't allowed in August then that will be the least of our worries.

On 13/03/2021 at 00:55, archieb said:

Greenock Juniors have used Battery Park for games. Played against Pollok in a cuptie there a few years ago.

On 13/03/2021 at 10:04, LongTimeLurker said:

Think Battery Park that has been mentioned above used to be used by a Gourock juniors team back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and Dunoon Athletic and Duntocher Hibs grounds are still there AFAIA.

On 13/03/2021 at 10:14, Hillonearth said:

I was just going off the list at the Non-league Scotland link posted above, which isn't exhaustive...I think they just went with the grounds they had photos of....Glenhead's defo still there and being used at any rate, and I'm sure either Greenock or the Port played about half a season at Battery Park a few years back.

Bit behind but nae harm in clearing things up. Battery Park 3G was used by Port Glasgow a few year back when they were waiting on their new ground to be completed. Only for a season or so. But, since then, both Greenock and Port Glasgow have used it for the odd game here and there. Greenock usually if Ravenscraig has turned into a bog and they wanted to get fixtures out of the way to avoid a pile up and The Port when there was some arguments with the council about their new ground. 

• 2 weeks later...

Harmony Row Youth Club the latest applicant to surface:

https://www.harmonyrow.club/football-home

Five applications have already been lodged including one from Harmony Row Youth Club, one of Scotland’s most revered community clubs.”

Boyd believes no club should be denied the chance to realise their ambitions and wouldn’t be against seeing an extra division tagged on to the WoSFL in years to come to accommodate teams.

“There is criteria clubs have to meet to enter at tier nine which all our member clubs currently meet, he added. “But we could possibly look at a Tier 10 which would allow a bit more room for manoeuvre albeit it would be promotion tied unless teams could demonstrate that they could make the improvements required to step up.“

Source: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/west-scotland-league-worth-wait-23785731

No news from the club yet but sure to appear here:

Edited by Pyramidic

30 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

But (26) "The Office Bearers/Board may, entirely at their discretion, offer any applicant a pre-defined period of grace to meet any of the above criteria should they so decide."

This is one thing I don't think there should be any debate over. There needs to be a barrier between spectators and players.

For those wondering about their ground Harmony Row are based out of Sir Alex Ferguson Park in the Braehead area.

EcLHRQcXsAAVU45?format=jpg%26name=medium&key=009c3cd2bad635a18a97f07a6a70afbaf37a235e8dcf6616fe2058915ea505d2
D__GiX6XYAACP1W?format=jpg%26name=large&key=75f717509fdc476bbeeb366731035e91c09db2eb0b69acec73ab73464512e85e
D__GiX2WsAEXKT3?format=jpg%26name=large&key=34adbe62ebd04f7b8bef3976f318525e6d851fb0c6ceb4b009d373881872153c
D__GiX6WsAAPivS?format=jpg%26name=large&key=0e333f3f20b745c69a09653683ec98bea7b81621d3c3fae313c8fc6c6786b512
EqaeImrWMAMKxyU?format=jpg%26name=large&key=6a4521d022573c2c87ddbc7cd2dc979c8c9b7d9c5f50d7ef1ee82fb0c7a44747

It's a good surface but a miserable spot for football. Right beside the motorway and an absolute wind tunnel. Had some very unpleasant games there before!

17 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

It's a good surface but a miserable spot for football. Right beside the motorway and an absolute wind tunnel. Had some very unpleasant games there before!

At least there's a handy hotel for Darvel to stay over at pre-game!

9 hours ago, Benidorm said:

None at all. Just remember a lot of discussion about an Oban team potentially joining last year on here.

To be honest, it's more been speculation on here about amateur clubs that could potentially be able to make the step than it actually being based on any information on clubs thinking of making the stap.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

To be honest, it's more been speculation on here about amateur clubs that could potentially be able to make the step than it actually being based on any information on clubs thinking of making the stap.

It's entirely wishful thinking from misty eyed romantics dreaming of away days in Campbeltown, Lochgilphead, Oban, Rothesay and Dunoon. Those places have well run amateur teams and grounds that could handle WoSFL but I don't think anyone has heard a peep from anyone at those clubs have they?

Shame. I'm a misty eyed romantic dreaming of an away day in Argyll and Bute