New clubs in the West of Scotland

11 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I think it’s just an access path that goes through Coldstream’s park, the Peebles situation or even whatever Thornton Hibs and Inverkeithing have had to negotiate is probably more like your situation of upgrading a public park to get round the criteria. I think Craigroyston have the same situation at St Mark’s with dog walkers being allowed to use the land.

EDIT - Coldstream are the ones with a license though

Thornton have built a fence.

I think it's Coldstream, or at least there is a club in the EoS that have some sort of temporary fencing arrangement just used for match days.

1 hour ago, jimmycouch said:

Thanks for the tip...I will try to contact Coldstream to discuss this. That’s why these forums are so valuable.

Wick Academy too. Access is controlled during matches, but the park's open outwith games.

ZvgVDay.png

18 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Another option for an aspiring Amateur or Youth set-up with hopes of joining the WOSFL before the “entry doors” become more restricted is to upgrade a former Junior ground.

Some of the possible venues are listed on the excellent Non League Scotland website:

https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/Historic/lostindex.htm

On the criteria issue we’ve been looking at it being at different levels for different tiers

ie tier 10 shouldn’t have the same criteria as tier 6, but they’d still need to be fan friendly, nothing will be changing on this soon but it’s something to look into in the future

another idea is a non-criteria division below the “entry criteria” divisions that accepts teams but no promotion is available until the home ground (not shared ground) meets the criteria and they win the division 

but.... the pyramids weren’t built in a day

21 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Another option for an aspiring Amateur or Youth set-up with hopes of joining the WOSFL before the “entry doors” become more restricted is to upgrade a former Junior ground.

Some of the possible venues are listed on the excellent Non League Scotland website:

https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/Historic/lostindex.htm

The only former junior ground in the WOS area that's still in use for football is Glenboig's old park, which I think is still being used by Chryston amateurs...the vast majority have now been completely obliterated by development, and you wouldn't even know a ground used to be there.

Adamslie and New Brandon Park still exist, but the former apparently now can't be accessed and the second is just a forlorn bank of terracing on wasteground that seems to mostly be utilised by the local al fresco drinkers.

16 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

The only former junior ground in the WOS area that's still in use for football is Glenboig's old park, which I think is still being used by Chryston amateurs...the vast majority have now been completely obliterated by development, and you wouldn't even know a ground used to be there.

Adamslie and New Brandon Park still exist, but the former apparently now can't be accessed and the second is just a forlorn bank of terracing on wasteground that seems to mostly be utilised by the local al fresco drinkers.

At least it hasn't completely gone to waste.

3 hours ago, parkcircus said:

not shared ground

What is wrong with clubs groundsharing? So long as they have secure leases it makes sense to use facilities more often than every other Saturday, particularly on synthetic pitches.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

At least it hasn't completely gone to waste.

I hear they're putting in a puggy, so at least there's some development going on there.

Nah, if you were ever there when Bellshill played there it always had a strangely temporary feel about it...there was a biggish terrace along one side, and that was it...there never were any permanent building there, only ever portakabins.

28 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

The only former junior ground in the WOS area that's still in use for football is Glenboig's old park, which I think is still being used by Chryston amateurs...the vast majority have now been completely obliterated by development, and you wouldn't even know a ground used to be there...

Think Battery Park that has been mentioned above used to be used by a Gourock juniors team back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and Dunoon Athletic and Duntocher Hibs grounds are still there AFAIA.

Just now, Hillonearth said:

I hear they're putting in a puggy, so at least there's some development going on there.

Nah, if you were ever there when Bellshill played there it always had a strangely temporary feel about it...there was a biggish terrace along one side, and that was it...there never were any permanent building there, only ever portakabins.

I was there a few times. I think Bellshill hold my record for most home grounds visited, Brandon, New Brandon, Matt Busby, Vale of Clyde and Rockburn. I don't think I watched them at Blantyre.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was there a few times. I think Bellshill hold my record for most home grounds visited, Brandon, New Brandon, Matt Busby, Vale of Clyde and Rockburn. I don't think I watched them at Blantyre.

Same. I was only ever in the first Brandon the once...it was a bit rustic but the way things unfolded over the next decade or so I bet they wish they'd stayed there.

Just now, Hillonearth said:

Same. I was only ever in the first Brandon the once...it was a bit rustic but the way things unfolded over the next decade or so I bet they wish they'd stayed there.

My visit was before going full time with the juniors. A cup game against Kilbirnie that was abandoned for crowd trouble. 4-0 down so the result stood.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think Battery Park that has been mentioned above used to be used by a Gourock juniors team back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and Dunoon Athletic and Duntocher Hibs grounds are still there AFAIA.

I was just going off the list at the Non-league Scotland link posted above, which isn't exhaustive...I think they just went with the grounds they had photos of....Glenhead's defo still there and being used at any rate, and I'm sure either Greenock or the Port played about half a season at Battery Park a few years back.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My visit was before going full time with the juniors. A cup game against Kilbirnie that was abandoned for crowd trouble. 4-0 down so the result stood.

Mine was v Shettleston at the tail end of the last season they played there which was also the first season I'd started to watch the juniors...a guy called Dougie Brownlie who played up top for them back then and who I knew away from football had mentioned that if I wanted to visit their ground I'd better get there sharpish because it was shutting in about a month.

Harthill confirm on FB their application to WoSL.Seems fair enough.

You may have heard various comments with regards to the East Region SJFA, our current league, and the changes that various teams are making for the new season, 2021/22.
For those that are not aware of the changes, many teams have decided to move to East of Scotland, which of course has massive implications for the remaining teams.
Therefore, after deep consideration, the Committee decided the way forward for our Club, to help us progress further for Licensing and entry into the SFA Pyramid System, is to apply to the West of Scotland League.
The application process has begun and we will keep you up to date on the next steps of this exciting new adventure for the Club and support.
Meanwhile, the Management and players have been busy working hard throughout lockdown, keeping their fitness in check and really looking forward to getting back to playing again for Harthill!

•  

3 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Harthill confirm on FB their application to WoSL.Seems fair enough.

You may have heard various comments with regards to the East Region SJFA, our current league, and the changes that various teams are making for the new season, 2021/22.
For those that are not aware of the changes, many teams have decided to move to East of Scotland, which of course has massive implications for the remaining teams.
Therefore, after deep consideration, the Committee decided the way forward for our Club, to help us progress further for Licensing and entry into the SFA Pyramid System, is to apply to the West of Scotland League.
The application process has begun and we will keep you up to date on the next steps of this exciting new adventure for the Club and support.
Meanwhile, the Management and players have been busy working hard throughout lockdown, keeping their fitness in check and really looking forward to getting back to playing again for Harthill!

Whilst I am a little disappointed that Harthill have not applied to the EOSFL, I wish them every success as a Senior club in the WOSFL.