New clubs in the West of Scotland

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

At time of recording the Whitburn manager says he doesn't know which league the committee have applied to, just that they have applied to a senior league. He has a preference but hasn't said which publicly.

Gala on a Tuesday is the new Elgin on a Wednesday 🤣

Considering gala are lowland league and would probably go into sosfl if relegated they have same chance of playing gala as a wosfl club as a wosfl club.

Just checked whitburn to gala is 1 hr 15 mins. 20 mins less than the travel to girvan in wosfl

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Considering gala are lowland league and would probably go into sosfl if relegated they have same chance of playing gala as a wosfl club as a wosfl club.

Just checked whitburn to gala is 1 hr 15 mins. 20 mins less than the travel to girvan in wosfl

Gala would go to the EoSFL. What with them being in the Borders 🤔

6 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Gala historically were always an EoS team. SoS was/is predominantly for Dumfries and Galloway sides.

7 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I make no excuses for these types of people who are on committee. blinkered, inept, bitter, no vision.
these are the guys who are interested in their own selfs, not the club, the clubs fans of their clubs future.

"but for me I will never get this bitterness, when that person(s) you have  a job to do for your club
Any bitterness is from people who are only interested in themselves.
When in their job, volunteer or paid, they should be looking after their club and the clubs future, not making decisions based on their own personal bitterness.

I will say to anyone, even face to face, teams moving to the pyramid never ruined the grade as in junior. The junior level was and still is a celling level of football with no progression and teams who have left, well I believe, have left to progress their club and their future, so to me whets wrong with that trying to better your team and try to make it secure."

This Whitburn committee guy, if this statement is true, is delusional, blaming teams who have left the junior grade to join the senior level as the reason for destroying the grade.
This guy feels that his team should join the WOSFL because he doesn't like the teams who left to join the EOSFL.

Fans of Whitburn if they are happy with guy like this on their committee then all I can say is good luck to the team but I wont hold my breath.
For Sure, if he was on a committee of team I supported then I would want him out, no question.

On the other hand, who says the WOSFL will make it district next season, I don think its a good idea but if they did then I can see why some teams form the EOS would want to join the WOSFL

The SJFA had the golden opportunity to take over semi-pro football outside the SPFL in 2012 when it was agreed that the Pyramid should be created but they dodged the responsibility, creating a vacuum, which has since been filled by others. The Juniors have only themselves to blame for destroying "the grade".

8 hours ago, Dev said:

The SJFA had the golden opportunity to take over semi-pro football outside the SPFL in 2012 when it was agreed that the Pyramid should be created but they dodged the responsibility, creating a vacuum, which has since been filled by others. The Juniors have only themselves to blame for destroying "the grade".

By default and irresponsibility the SJFA allowed a situation to fester that has effectively destroyed Junior football with the exception of the outliers in the North and Tayside. In recent times the 4 divisions of the East Region was a fully functioning regional pyramid that so easily could have slotted into a SFA supported National Pyramid. The Pyramid should have been developed by the East Region accepting the few remaining clubs in the EOSFL (at that time) into their fold. The SJFA’s inactions and unwillingness to change with the times represented a complete administrative disaster that created disorder and has effectively destroyed the historic grade.

It is time for our West Lothian friends to raise their heads out of the sand and take in the new football landscape and rejoin their long-standing football family in the East. It is time to make up and forget recent animosities.

Edited by Pyramidic

Only just catching up with this... hardly surprising tbh. Sums up the type of people running these clubs and anyone who thinks more out of the box is chased away by these little hard men. Nothing will change because no one with another opinion is welcome into “their” (not the community’s) wee clubs.

With the exception of Harthill, the other clubs looking to go west are only doing so to save face after all the shouting and lies that they have spread to date. The travelling to Gala is one that’s nearly as delusional as £250k toilets :1eye

On 16/02/2021 at 18:05, parkcircus said:

Ah, there’s no advantage. New clubs are most likely to go into a new division 4, with the winner of that division winning promotion to what will be League 3 at the end of next season. 
The league promised no changes to the conference’s to teams that withdrew so that is priority number 1, new club applications came after that.

Just to clarify, is this how the league is likely to look for the next two seasons?

For 2021-22:

Premier - 20
Conferences A/B/C -16/16/15
Division 4 for new clubs - possibly 14?? some from West Lothian, Ayrshire etc

For 2022-23 - assuming there's no regionalisation of the bottom tiers:

Premier - 16 
First Division - 16 (bottom 7 and 2-4 in each Conference)
Second Division - 16 (5-9)
Third Division - 16 (10-15)
Fourth Division - remainder, minus promoted winner from previous season

Edited by Ginaro

50 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Only just catching up with this... hardly surprising tbh. Sums up the type of people running these clubs and anyone who thinks more out of the box is chased away by these little hard men. Nothing will change because no one with another opinion is welcome into “their” (not the community’s) wee clubs.

With the exception of Harthill, the other clubs looking to go west are only doing so to save face after all the shouting and lies that they have spread to date. The travelling to Gala is one that’s nearly as delusional as £250k toilets :1eye

Whitburn to gala 1 hr 15 mins. Whitburn to girvan 1 hr 35 mins

.... and Girvan etc are expected to OK this? Difficult to see why that would happen.

Considering the amount of complaints from clubs at the WRJFA meetings about travel between Ayrshire and Lanarkshire I can’t see some clubs being to happy about adding West Lothian into the fold.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Considering the amount of complaints from clubs at the WRJFA meetings about travel between Ayrshire and Lanarkshire I can’t see some clubs being to happy about adding West Lothian into the fold.

I cant see Harthill not being allowed to enter and I'm sure all they fit all the criteria.

I think in the future the associations will grow with new clubs joining and can see there being district divisions under the Tier 6 and Tier 7 divisions.
I get why clubs will be allowed to vote in etc... but don't want it to be another closed shop, looking after themselves as its about progressing the pyramid and Scottish Football after all.
I see it as the more clubs in your association the better

Right now someone in the above post reminded  that season 21/22 is supposed to be 
Tier 6 premier WOSFL  -  Tier 7 First  -  Tier 8 Second  -  Tier 9 Third (Excuse the divisions names, not sure what they are to be)
But I cant see this happening if the leagues don't finish as it will be too hard to sort out who goes into what division without fights and arguments

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Ayrshire clubs moaning about extra travel is what sunk the "superduper league" that would have combined the top east and west region clubs into a division similar in geographical scope to the Lowland League. That in turn was what prompted Kelty to join the pyramid and set off the chain of events that led to the formation of the WoS, but this time around it will revolve around a simple majority rather than building a clear consensus, so not sure that's what will sink it. There are more former central region clubs than Ayrshire ones and for most of them Whitburn will be closer and easier to get to than Cumnock. Think the argument that West Lothian is traditionally east and any town clearly over the county boundary (i.e. I am not talking about Harthill) doesn't belong in a league with West in its title is more likely to resonate.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

42 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I get why clubs will be allowed to vote in etc... but don't want it to be another closed shop, looking after themselves as its about progressing the pyramid and Scottish Football after all.
I see it as the more clubs in your association the better

With their being a clear criteria for entry, i'm not too sure they can get away with turning down clubs that meet those requirements. With the pyramid leagues being the only access point to SFA Licencing and increased grants and funding. There's the potential of a disgruntled applicant that meets all the requirements chasing things up with a higher authority.

42 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Tier 6 premier WOSFL  -  Tier 7 First  -  Tier 8 Second  -  Tier 9 Third (Excuse the divisions names, not sure what they are to be)
But I cant see this happening if the leagues don't finish as it will be too hard to sort out who goes into what division without fights and arguments

This season isn't creating the Tiered Divisions. That was put on hold when clubs withdrew for the season.

Next season the Tier 7 Conferences create the the First, Second, and Third Division.

An idea floated for the new applicants for the 2021-22 season is that they would sit below the Tier 7 Conferences in their own division. That way they don't disadvantage the clubs that signed up for 2020-21.

51 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Ayrshire clubs moaning about extra travel is what sunk the "superduper league" that would have combined the top east and west region clubs into a division similar in geographical scope to the Lowland League. That in turn was what prompted Kelty to join the pyramid and set off the chain of events that led to the formation of the WoS, but this time around it will revolve around a simple majority rather than building a clear consensus, so not sure that's what will sink it. There are more former central region clubs than Ayrshire ones and for most of them Whitburn will be closer and easier to get to than Cumnock. Think the argument that West Lothian is traditionally east and any town clearly over the county boundary (i.e. I am not talking about Harthill) doesn't belong in a league with West in its title is more likely to resonate.

Armadale,Whitburn,Bathgate, Fauldhouse  are situated in Central Scotland 2 to 5 miles from Harthill 

32 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

With their being a clear criteria for entry, i'm not too sure they can get away with turning down clubs that meet those requirements. With the pyramid leagues being the only access point to SFA Licencing and increased grants and funding. There's the potential of a disgruntled applicant that meets all the requirements chasing things up with a higher authority.

This season isn't creating the Tiered Divisions. That was put on hold when clubs withdrew for the season.

Next season the Tier 7 Conferences create the the First, Second, and Third Division.

An idea floated for the new applicants for the 2021-22 season is that they would sit below the Tier 7 Conferences in their own division. That way they don't disadvantage the clubs that signed up for 2020-21.

Yeah that one thing that worries me when clubs get a vote, I don't want it to be like the SPFL 2, trying to block progress.   If a club meets all criteria and the clubs within the league vote against them, then surely the SFA must intervene.

Kinda mulling in my head about don't feel disadvantage idea.  I'm spitballing but I don't feel fault of Covid should rest on new clubs applying's so they should not suffer as well.  Personally I would like the 3 division and any new applicants join into one of the 3 tier divisions, unless there are a division worth of new applications

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Just now, Vollyman said:

Armadale,Whitburn,Bathgate, Fauldhouse  are situated in Central Scotland 2 to 5 miles from Harthill 

Stoneyburn not in the mix as well? Know the area well and agree that travel considerations are unlikely to be what gets you knocked back because there's no obvious reason on distance to Glasgow or Edinburgh why these towns would be viewed as east rather than west. What I was suggesting was that it boils down more to traditions revolving around counties for a lot of people and that's why there's so much of a kneejerk response that you should be EoS from some people. Will be interesting to see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Kinda mulling in my head about don't feel disadvantage idea.  I'm spitballing but I don't feel fault of Covid should rest on new clubs applying's so they should not suffer as well.  Personally I would like the 3 division and any new applicants join into one of the 3 tier divisions, unless there are a division worth of new applications

By the middle of February there were already supposed to be 14 applicants. Conferences are already at 16-16-15 so the 3 division structure has to get ripped up if it was just that 14 that get in.

If there's enough for a Division of new applicants I can understand the merit in it. The clubs that signed up for the 2020-21 WoSFL thought they were getting an all in structure allowing for everyone to find their level. Only for the Premier to be created.

Now having tried to muddle through the complexities of COVID another bunch of clubs that had the chance to sign up for 2020-21 come along and take up the same space as them.