New clubs in the West of Scotland

38 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

In case you wanted an insight as to why one ERJFA clubs might be looking west. This is someone on the Whitburn committee.

image.png

Affinity with the West is one step removed from saying our culture. What could that be I wonder?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 minutes ago, whitburn exile said:

Something that was never an issue until certain folk came on the committee 

I don't really know much about the club, but I know the area and it's probably inevitable there would be leanings in that direction. It shouldn't be allowed to be a dominant factor. Whitburn has more to it than that.

55 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

In case you wanted an insight as to why one ERJFA clubs might be looking west. This is someone on the Whitburn committee.

image.png

I try very hard to not say or do things that might inflame or insult, but in this case, I cant help it.

What a walloper!

34 minutes ago, whitburn exile said:

Maybe, if Whitburn has to go East in order to go Senior such people won't hang around the club any more!

57 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png 

I make no excuses for these types of people who are on committee. blinkered, inept, bitter, no vision.
these are the guys who are interested in their own selfs, not the club, the clubs fans of their clubs future.

"but for me I will never get this bitterness, when that person(s) you have  a job to do for your club
Any bitterness is from people who are only interested in themselves.
When in their job, volunteer or paid, they should be looking after their club and the clubs future, not making decisions based on their own personal bitterness.

I will say to anyone, even face to face, teams moving to the pyramid never ruined the grade as in junior. The junior level was and still is a celling level of football with no progression and teams who have left, well I believe, have left to progress their club and their future, so to me whets wrong with that trying to better your team and try to make it secure."

This Whitburn committee guy, if this statement is true, is delusional, blaming teams who have left the junior grade to join the senior level as the reason for destroying the grade.
This guy feels that his team should join the WOSFL because he doesn't like the teams who left to join the EOSFL.

Fans of Whitburn if they are happy with guy like this on their committee then all I can say is good luck to the team but I wont hold my breath.
For Sure, if he was on a committee of team I supported then I would want him out, no question.

On the other hand, who says the WOSFL will make it district next season, I don think its a good idea but if they did then I can see why some teams form the EOS would want to join the WOSFL

12 minutes ago, stanley said:

Also, if it's about anything other than bitterness about EoS clubs then why didn't the West Lothian juniors clubs move to the West juniors years ago?

It wasn't easy to move between regions in an SJFA context. The county boundary was understood to be the line and the old counties were what junior leagues had traditionally revolved around.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It wasn't easy to move between regions in an SJFA context. The county boundary was understood to be the line and the old counties were what junior leagues had traditionally revolved around.

I think we will always have teams who are very close to boundaries, all over Scotland, just the way it is, some will win out of it and some will lose out of it.

Obviously consolation has to be done to make sure it all works out but there should be specific boundaries so that every team in the land knows what their pathway will be in promotion and relegation

11 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

On the other hand, who says the WOSFL will make it district next season, I don think its a good idea but if they did then I can see why some teams form the EOS would want to join the WOSFL

For a club like Whitburn to be complaining about travel I think they must be worried about Tayside coming along. With the EoSFL losing Bonnyrigg, Kelty, Bo'ness and Tayside teams compared to the East Region days, Whitburn should be able to move up the divisions relatively easily. Further up the ranks of the EoSFL travel gets easier with just a handful of outliers. Whereas in the West they'd still  see a handful of Ayrshire teams in each division giving them the longer travel every season.

Travel concerns kind of work for a club like Harthill that are typically bottom tier and would benefit from a Regionalised lower tier of the WoSFL where they would lose trips to Ayrshire. In the East even regionalised at the lowest tier would potentially still see them keep their longer trips to the Borders. Even if the lower tiers of either the WoSFL & EoSFL stay region wide travel would work out slightly better going West for them.

9 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think we will always have teams who are very close to boundaries, all over Scotland, just the way it is, some will win out of it and some will lose out of it.

Obviously consolation has to be done to make sure it all works out but there should be specific boundaries so that every team in the land knows what their pathway will be in promotion and relegation

Have stated many times I think Harthill should have a choice no matter what but the others really do belong in the east in terms of the sensible outcome, but let's be honest the west will be the strongest LL feeder setup in competitive terms and spectator interest so it was always likely that clubs at around the midpoint of the M8 would try this at some point even if Burnieman and others were not being viewed as the Great Satan for supposedly destroying the east region.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png

My word.

Bo'ness, Kelty and Bonnyrigg being one league below the SPFL.

Camelon being one win away from hosting Hearts at Carmuirs.

Clubs now with floodlights.

Clubs with improved facilities for fans, players and officials.

Aye, someone is certainly delusional but I suspect they are stuck in the 17th century rather than 2021.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Have stated many times I think Harthill should have a choice no matter what but the others really do belong in the east in terms of the sensible outcome, but let's be honest the west will be the strongest LL feeder setup in competitive terms and spectator interest so it was always likely that clubs at around the midpoint of the M8 would try this at some point even if Burnieman and others were not being viewed as the Great Satan for supposedly destroying the east region.

So basically I take it Harthill are the closest to the boundary and they are so close that its fine what option they chose and nearly everyone would concur with this ?
looking at the map I would agree with you there Longtimelurker

I am totally blind to all the talk about Satan and destroying the East region.

Again as stated and I believe my belief is objective and a common sense one. The ESO junior league has not been destroyed by anyone, FACT. Teams have left because they decided their future lies elsewhere.  Why would any team want to stay in a league or level when they believe another level would be better for their future.  This is each teams call, but who says its the right decision or the wrong decision, only time will tell but hopefully all teams will stay in existence.

9 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

So basically I take it Harthill are the closest to the boundary and they are so close that its fine what option they chose and nearly everyone would concur with this ? ...

Most of Harthill is in Lanarkshire and Harthill Royal's ground is a literal stone's throw into the West Lothian end of the town (called Greenrigg). Most people posting on here seem to see a move west for them as fair game. How the people that actually matter view it at a WoS AGM remains to be seen.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
2 hours ago, whitburn exile said:

They certainly like walking in the summer months.

Yup and too many times things posted on Twitter and comments they make on the Facebook in my view shouldn’t be made. They comment as club officials and should remember that.