New clubs in the West of Scotland

6 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

A serious question.

Should the IMG be holding these meetings with interested clubs? Should it not be held off until the management committee are put in place and rules around boundaries are agreed?

On a separate but related point when are the new management committee being elected?

Would it be fair to say that there is a decent chance the individual members of the IMG will make up the management committee?

5 hours ago, Burnieman said:

It does, but the current issue in hand between the two leagues is West Lothian.

But that's the point, it's not just about the current issue. It's about trying to define it beyond that for the next set of clubs to come along. By the time any sort of boundary gets written into a league constitution the East Juniors clubs will already be in a league.

6 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

A serious question.

Should the IMG be holding these meetings with interested clubs? Should it not be held off until the management committee are put in place and rules around boundaries are agreed?

What exactly are you worried about them doing? They've already said that any decision on applications will come after a board has been elected and the membership get a vote on it?

The EoSFL have a deadline of March 31st. SoSFL have a deadline of April 30th. Not exactly sure what the WoSFL's one will be but imagine it will lean more to March 31st. That way you get the membership vote in early/mid April with time after that to collect fees to make it official. Then assess potential league format changes ahead of the AGM.

All I imagine they're doing is pointing them in the direction of the things that will be required to meet the entry criteria so that the clubs can be adequately prepared.

What exactly are you worried about them doing? They've already said that any decision on applications will come after a board has been elected and the membership get a vote on it?
The EoSFL have a deadline of March 31st. SoSFL have a deadline of April 30th. Not exactly sure what the WoSFL's one will be but imagine it will lean more to March 31st. That way you get the membership vote in early/mid April with time after that to collect fees to make it official. Then assess potential league format changes ahead of the AGM.
All I imagine they're doing is pointing them in the direction of the things that will be required to meet the entry criteria so that the clubs can be adequately prepared.

Who says I am worried? I am merely pointing out that in my opinion these discussions should be had by the people who are going to be running the leagues. Reading what Colin Boyd has said they seem to be doing a little more than pointing them in the direction of what the requirements of membership are.

On another point, and again it’s just my opinion, it should be the Chairman of the IMG who is coming out and making these sorts of statements not a general member. Why even discuss it? Why not just say “we are discussing with a number of clubs who are interested in joining the league are discussing the issues relating in boundaries with both the EOSFL & SOSFL” why even mention the east clubs unless there is something more to it?

Would it be fair to say that there is a decent chance the individual members of the IMG will make up the management committee?

I would guess some of them would be and they deserve to be having done a good job in the most trying of circumstances this year and it looks like they are looking for additional people for discipline/fixtures/general which is a really good idea.

48 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

But that's the point, it's not just about the current issue. It's about trying to define it beyond that for the next set of clubs to come along. By the time any sort of boundary gets written into a league constitution the East Juniors clubs will already be in a league.

They have an issue staring at them which cannot wait, it needs to be dealt with one way or the other over the next month or so.

They can agree a Lanarkshire/Lothians border which will address 95% of any border issues they're ever likely to face.

Edited by Burnieman

15 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

...They can agree a Lanarkshire/Lothians border which will address 95% of any border issues they're ever likely to face.

...or they can help many of the remaining SJFA members south of the Tay into the pyramid in a way that retains their SJFA membership to get it right up the league that blocked SJFA entry into the pyramid. Think we'll have a much clearer picture which way the wind is blowing after this March 1st SGM once the WoS becomes its own thing seperate from the LL.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

26 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Who says I am worried? I am merely pointing out that in my opinion these discussions should be had by the people who are going to be running the leagues. Reading what Colin Boyd has said they seem to be doing a little more than pointing them in the direction of what the requirements of membership are.

What's that then since he says that it'll be a decision for the new board and membership?

24 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

They have an issue staring at them which cannot wait, it needs to be dealt with one way or the other over the next month or so.

They can agree a Lanarkshire/Lothians border which will address 95% of any border issues they're ever likely to face.

They are dealing with it now as noted by the contact between the WoSFL and EoSFL.

They are dealing with it now as noted by the contact between the WoSFL and EoSFL.

I have no idea, but again why not make a bland comment about there being a number of interested clubs? Why specifically mention the east juniors? There was no need. There has been plenty of speculation but now what Mr Boyd has done confirmed its more than that. Why?

100% this. I know that there has been a lot going on this season but I cannot understand how this issue is only being discussed now!!

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Indeed and my point is that it's the only issue needing to be dealt with at the moment and requiring a swift decision.

Tayside may also come into that category, but doesn't involve WoS.

2 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

100% this. I know that there has been a lot going on this season but I cannot understand how this issue is only being discussed now!!

It should have been dealt with at the formation of the WoS.  There have been rumblings since before the WoS began of the ERJFA Lothian clubs talking about applying.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I have no idea, but again why not make a bland comment about there being a number of interested clubs? Why specifically mention the east juniors? There was no need. There has been plenty of speculation but now what Mr Boyd has done confirmed its more than that. Why?

Probably because that's what he was asked about. It was the reporter that put the East Juniors front and centre. Boyd went with West of Scotland amateurs first and caveated how the EoS & WoS were in discussions over the boundary, the new board have to be elected, and then it ultimately ends up being a membership decision.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Indeed and my point is that it's the only issue needing to be dealt with at the moment and requiring a swift decision.

Tayside may also come into that category, but doesn't involve WoS.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

It should have been dealt with at the formation of the WoS.  There have been rumblings since before the WoS began of the ERJFA Lothian clubs talking about applying.

You're the one that keeps bringing up Tayside that's got noting to do with the WoSFL. The WoSFL have their own difficulties and because hard boundaries become a bit redundant once the pyramid settles and the concept of jockeying for position goes away.

Since it's so annoying that the WoSFL haven't set any boundaries after less than a year in existence with a temp board in place. What's the EoSFL excuse for letting the Tayside issue rumble on for years?

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You're the one that keeps bringing up Tayside that's got noting to do with the WoSFL. The WoSFL have their own difficulties and because hard boundaries become a bit redundant once the pyramid settles and the concept of jockeying for position goes away.

Since it's so annoying that the WoSFL haven't set any boundaries after less than a year in existence with a temp board in place. What's the EoSFL excuse for letting the Tayside issue rumble on for years?

I'm not arguing with you, calm doon man.

4 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

On another point, and again it’s just my opinion, it should be the Chairman of the IMG who is coming out and making these sorts of statements not a general member. Why even discuss it? Why not just say “we are discussing with a number of clubs who are interested in joining the league are discussing the issues relating in boundaries with both the EOSFL & SOSFL” why even mention the east clubs unless there is something more to it?

We are advising clubs that have expressed an interest in the WOSFL what the potential path to joining could be:

After the SGM, their will most likely be a meeting with the members to put forward a plan for expansion of the WOS or not.

no meetings with any clubs has taken place. Clubs that express an interest get a call to say thanks and an explanation of the what’s happening in the league  ie nothing can be decided until after an SGM, some clubs have asked for guidance regarding the ground criteria which we’ve provided.

Why am I doing it?  it was a task given to me by the IMG to undertake.

Hope that clears up some points for you.

Thanks Colin

9 hours ago, parkcircus said:

We are advising clubs that have expressed an interest in the WOSFL what the potential path to joining could be:

After the SGM, their will most likely be a meeting with the members to put forward a plan for expansion of the WOS or not.

no meetings with any clubs has taken place. Clubs that express an interest get a call to say thanks and an explanation of the what’s happening in the league  ie nothing can be decided until after an SGM, some clubs have asked for guidance regarding the ground criteria which we’ve provided.

Why am I doing it?  it was a task given to me by the IMG to undertake.

Hope that clears up some points for you.

Thanks Colin

Does the WoSFL have a deadline for applications?