New clubs in the West of Scotland

Obviously with everything going on currently it's very unlikely we'll see much of an increase in numbers for 21/22 but still there looks to possibly be one club looking to join, in this case a move across the chippy sauce line*.

* Kind of as Harthill is in North Lanarkshire but their ground is in Greenrigg which is West Lothian.

As per @Whitburn Valeover in the EOS forum.

The league also has a an application form up on the website for prospective clubs.

Edited by GNU_Linux

It was more likely to be in joking, but Glasgow Wellington (Think Loch Ness FC in the NCL, an amateur that got some social media attention due to their kit) had a tweet about putting in an application. With most of the amateur game locked down throughout this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see some amateurs make an application. Problem will obviously come down to facilities. There are only so many grounds to share with after all :)

EDIT: There was also this early December.

Scrolling through Facebook I noticed a comment from a prospective applicant on a WoSFL FB post. Just a personal profile with no obvious link to a club so i've not included it. However, the response was to link to https://wosfl.co.uk/join-the-wosfl/

As things look to normalise heading into 2021-22 it looks like there could be some additions to the original 67.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

23 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It was more likely to be in joking, but Glasgow Wellington (Think Loch Ness FC in the NCL, an amateur that got some social media attention due to their kit) had a tweet about putting in an application. With most of the amateur game locked down throughout this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see some amateurs make an application. Problem will obviously come down to facilities. There are only so many grounds to share with after all :)

EDIT: There was also this early December.

I recall noises being made about Fauldhouse United looking west during last season when the WOSL was in it's infancy. Wonder if they are still looking westwards or moving to the EOS with the rest of the ERJFA clubs south of the line.

What's that weird thing Noel Edmonds (and other weird folk) practice where if you "believe" in something happening it sends out cosmic signals and makes it become reality? Anyway, with that in mind, and playing the long game for ideal away day in the Scottish Cup possibilities, I am delighted to announce Dunoon Ams, Rothesay Brandane, Oban Saints, Campbeltown Pupils and Lochgilphead Red Star are not only joining but will also be going for a license in the near future. 

In real life - was there not two teams who applied for this season and were knocked back?

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

What's that weird thing Noel Edmonds (and other weird folk) practice where if you "believe" in something happening it sends out cosmic signals and makes it become reality? Anyway, with that in mind, and playing the long game for ideal away day in the Scottish Cup possibilities, I am delighted to announce Dunoon Ams, Rothesay Brandane, Oban Saints, Campbeltown Pupils and Lochgilphead Red Star are not only joining but will also be going for a license in the near future. 

In real life - was there not two teams who applied for this season and were knocked back?

I think it was just one, who i believe were Scoutable United

One application was rejected from Scoutable United.

https://www.scoutableunited.org.uk/

23 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

...I am delighted to announce Dunoon Ams, Rothesay Brandane, Oban Saints, Campbeltown Pupils and Lochgilphead Red Star are not only joining but will also be going for a license in the near future...

If I post about it often enough we will see if Baillieston will return and discover the next Crawford Baptie.

On 21/01/2021 at 17:10, GNU_Linux said:

I recall noises being made about Fauldhouse United looking west during last season when the WOSL was in it's infancy. Wonder if they are still looking westwards or moving to the EOS with the rest of the ERJFA clubs south of the line.

Harthill and possibly Armadale are what is being rumoured about that in the EoS subforum thread on this subject. Fauldhouse still in the junior camp apparently.

Edit: Burnieman subsequently disputed the info about Fauldhouse.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

37 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Good to hear, hopefully more to them than Scoutable United. 

There's potentially one that's very much a pipe dream of one man. 

Yes I saw that guy on Twitter.

Likely to be amateur clubs, and seems like the WOS are looking into how the amateurs connect to the pyramid for the future.

9 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Yes I saw that guy on Twitter.

Likely to be amateur clubs, and seems like the WOS are looking into how the amateurs connect to the pyramid for the future.

Do any decent amateur clubs ground-share with any WoS clubs already? Guessing they would be in a good position to move up, if there are any with such ambitions. Goldenhill at Drumchapel United?

If anyone's looking for a day trip then Oban Saints can't be far off from being a suitable ground etc. Strathaven Dynamo share with their local rugby club and have planning for good facilities (already built?). 

Any more speculation?

Do any decent amateur clubs ground-share with any WoS clubs already? Guessing they would be in a good position to move up, if there are any with such ambitions. Goldenhill at Drumchapel United?
If anyone's looking for a day trip then Oban Saints can't be far off from being a suitable ground etc. Strathaven Dynamo share with their local rugby club and have planning for good facilities (already built?). 
Any more speculation?
Off the top of my head iirc Milngavie Wanderers & Viewfield Rovers have enclosed grounds. Unsure if the latter would be in a position to step up as they moved down from the Caledonian Amateur League to the Strathclyde Saturday Morning Amateur League.

Amateur teams have utilised the old Glenboig Juniors ground at Carrick Park but no idea what nick it's in.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy From the Block said:

Rumours are that Kilbride Thistle from Ayrshire Amateur Prem are looking to make the jump to the WoS league next season. 
Seen on social media they’re planning for their own ground etc too, be interesting to see how that develops

In Saltcoats apparently:

https://scottishamateurfootballnews.com/2021/01/25/kilbride-set-out-vision-for-a-home-of-their-own/