Inverness v Alloa

1 minute ago, Waspie said:

Midweek factor again there, we looked absolutely knackered in the last half hour. Thought we might still have managed it though and there was a decent chance to make it 2-0, but after a great hit from Duffy we were all at sea. Inverness should never have allowed us back after going ahead but terrific spirit from Alloa again to keep going and force a draw in the end. 

So fucking obvious that Grant needs to play Hetherington in the middle of the park. Why can't he try Stevie as deep lying CM with Grant Jnr a bit further on with the focus on through balls? Worth a shot surely. We battled well tonight but we played much better at East End on Saturday. 

Anyway, would have been sore to take nothing from that and it keeps us alive, almost. 

The ICT stream ran fine and no pixelot issues. I felt a bit sorry for the commentator who doesn't sound like he is a big football fan but was clearly doing his best. Auld was better but the young lad was then struggling with the punditry role. Arbroath is never an easy to go right enough. 

He has to play hetherington central , as you seen on Saturday he's much more dominant in there and reads the game better. Good pass through by grant for the goal but you can't live off that and he doesn't offer enough. Good point though. 

2 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Midweek factor again there, we looked absolutely knackered in the last half hour. Thought we might still have managed it though and there was a decent chance to make it 2-0, but after a great hit from Duffy we were all at sea. Inverness should never have allowed us back after going ahead but terrific spirit from Alloa again to keep going and force a draw in the end. 

So fucking obvious that Grant needs to play Hetherington in the middle of the park. Why can't he try Stevie as deep lying CM with Grant Jnr a bit further on with the focus on through balls? Worth a shot surely. We battled well tonight but we played much better at East End on Saturday. 

It looked like the thinking was to flood the flanks to prevent crosses into the box, at the expense of a opening up pockets of space in the middle. It was really effective but we were always going to tire in closing stages.

It left Grant with a lot to do but I thought he did okay. I hope this tactic was for the specific match tonight- other teams will unlock that.

Scougall looked decent, a real shame he picked up a knock. Big credit to Parry, the penalty save I thought was way better than the commentators stated- and ultimately it earned us a point we deserved when we dug deep at the end.

Could have been better in terms of outcome, but Invèrness scored a great equaliser and probably deserved something overall.

13 minutes ago, Waspie said:

So fucking obvious that Grant needs to play Hetherington in the middle of the park. Why can't he try Stevie as deep lying CM with Grant Jnr a bit further on with the focus on through balls? Worth a shot surely. 

You would think so. Despite a groundswell of nonsense trying to paint Ray Grant as useless, it's obvious he's a decent player, but looks more a creative than defensive type, and in this league our holding player has a lot of defensive work to do. Giving him a shot as one of the three behind Cameron, even for part of the game, and we may see a different player. 

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They're "missing". He said it, he explained why they were missing and he wished them well. Absolutely no issue with that. Mountains and molehills spring to mind.

Ach he's already made it clear he can't see the pitch. He's having to work from the same pictures the rest of us are. I wasn't sure who got it either. You couldn't see his number, I don't know Innes Cameron at a distant glance either.

Both of the Inverness guys were at the ground? The main commentator did the pre-match announcing at the stadium. Still giving it the washing hands regularly and not touching your face advice... Bizarre to commentate off the pixellot footage instead.

Didn't seem very organised from the point of entry. The lassie from the BBC was saying 'I'm meant to have an interview with Scott Gardiner at 6:00pm' and at 5:53pm we were still congregated outside the ground. The SNS guy was used to it but he said its like that every week and shared some of the awkward exchanges he'd received. Glad that's the sole trip done this season. 

I feel like we definitely ran out of steam in that game. Scougall coming off injured a turning point. Pleased with the late rally though after the game turned. On another day that could have cascaded into a rout against us. Felt like some of the players, if the referee kept it going the next goal was coming for us. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Both of the Inverness guys were at the ground? The main commentator did the pre-match announcing at the stadium. Still giving it the washing hands regularly and not touching your face advice... Bizarre to commentate off the pixellot footage instead.

Didn't seem very organised from the point of entry. The lassie from the BBC was saying 'I'm meant to have an interview with Scott Gardiner at 6:00pm' and at 5:53pm we were still congregated outside the ground. The SNS guy was used to it but he said its like that every week and shared some of the awkward exchanges he'd received. Glad that's the sole trip done this season. 

I feel like we definitely ran out of steam in that game. Scougall coming off injured a turning point. Pleased with the late rally though after the game turned. On another day that could have cascaded into a rout against us. Felt like some of the players, if the referee kept it going the next goal was coming for us. 

Both of the commentators were at the ground but they watch the game on a screen like we all do. If they commentated watching the game live they would be 30 seconds ahead of the action we are watching.

Im sure there are ways round that but we won’t be putting and time, money or effort into figuring that out.

10 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Both of the commentators were at the ground but they watch the game on a screen like we all do. If they commentated watching the game live they would be 30 seconds ahead of the action we are watching.

Im sure there are ways round that but we won’t be putting and time, money or effort into figuring that out.

Literally a little time and effort. You can do it with freeware.

30 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Literally a little time and effort. You can do it with freeware.

........... if you know what you are doing. You do, Inverness clearly have nobody with that 'know how'. If they did they wouldn't be using that Pixellot set up. Although to be fair I've watched two games in a week on it and it's been fine barring some pretty amusing commentary last week. At least Caley have a high enough Stand for the camera position to be reasonable. It's not magic, it's not as good as a proper manned camera set up. It doesn't zoom in to action at the far side, it still very occasionally takes a frustrating run to look somewhere else when there's a pause in action (like when someone is getting treatment). But the perspective was fine and I was able to watch both games perfectly well notwithstanding Allan Johnston's bald head or anything else.

By contrast I watched the Alloa Pixellot feed at the beginning of the month and I saw more of the spare ball sitting to the right of the home technical area just off the pitch than I saw of anything else. Every single time there was a break in play or the match ball went into the terrace, the camera would re-centre to that spare ball sitting on a cone. It was pretty irritating.

We used to have someone with a bit of IT know how who was pretty instrumental in dragging ICT into the social media era and making more use of YouTube videos etc. but they left the club a couple of years ago for unconfirmed reasons.

54 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

........... if you know what you are doing. You do, Inverness clearly have nobody with that 'know how'. If they did they wouldn't be using that Pixellot set up. Although to be fair I've watched two games in a week on it and it's been fine barring some pretty amusing commentary last week. At least Caley have a high enough Stand for the camera position to be reasonable. It's not magic, it's not as good as a proper manned camera set up. It doesn't zoom in to action at the far side, it still very occasionally takes a frustrating run to look somewhere else when there's a pause in action (like when someone is getting treatment). But the perspective was fine and I was able to watch both games perfectly well notwithstanding Allan Johnston's bald head or anything else.

By contrast I watched the Alloa Pixellot feed at the beginning of the month and I saw more of the spare ball sitting to the right of the home technical area just off the pitch than I saw of anything else. Every single time there was a break in play or the match ball went into the terrace, the camera would re-centre to that spare ball sitting on a cone. It was pretty irritating.

Well why not work with clubs who know what they are doing? There's no excuse for being unwilling to learn. There's been plenty of collaboration between teams.

If I cared about our pixellot feed I'd be manually controlling it as Inverness are doing. Even better if it's irritating to watch at our because of the illegal streams coming from Bet365 accounts. Hell if I knew how to trigger it I'd be telling the subs to start going to whatever point so the camera starts focusing on them.

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Well why not work with clubs who know what they are doing? There's no excuse for being unwilling to learn. There's been plenty of collaboration between teams.

If I cared about our pixellot feed I'd be manually controlling it as Inverness are doing. Even better if it's irritating to watch at our because of the illegal streams coming from Bet365 accounts. Hell if I knew how to trigger it I'd be telling the subs to start going to whatever point so the camera starts focusing on them.

It doesn't matter how many clubs know what they are doing, if you lack someone with the time, knowledge or interest to put it into action and the SPFL are throwing a free system at you with minimum effort it's going to be easier not to do it.  Inverness can reasonably be criticised by their own fans for the poor quality product for what they've paid. For visitors on a one off it does the job and it really doesn't matter massively if the commentator doesn't instantly recognise Innes Cameron from a camera feed.

I didn't say you should care about it. It wasn't intended as a criticism, merely to highlight Inverness have clearly dealt with that problem. I'm conscious it's not your footage. I thought Pixellot were putting operators into manually control their cameras at all grounds though? They certainly have at Palmerston even though as far as I know legal watchers are probably in single figures.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It doesn't matter how many clubs know what they are doing, if you lack someone with the time, knowledge or interest to put it into action and the SPFL are throwing a free system at you with minimum effort it's going to be easier not to do it.  Inverness can reasonably be criticised by their own fans for the poor quality product for what they've paid. For visitors on a one off it does the job and it really doesn't matter massively if the commentator doesn't instantly recognise Innes Cameron from a camera feed.

I didn't say you should care about it. It wasn't intended as a criticism, merely to highlight Inverness have clearly dealt with that problem. I'm conscious it's not your footage. I thought Pixellot were putting operators into manually control their cameras at all grounds though? They certainly have at Palmerston even though as far as I know legal watchers are probably in single figures.

Sounds like a good criticism of whoever's in charge of Inverness' recruitment. 

The SPFL system was not "free." What you're looking for is that there was no upfront investment required. Unless the terms were amended then they've spent more than both our clubs combined to deliver streaming.

We were the first to manually control. We solved that problem. Pixellot are no longer using a manual operator at ours and they've been using ours to test for the last few weeks. Which is fine by me as long as I get to use my own camera. I imagine it will be the same for all clubs soon. At Inverness they are probably trying to avoid the negative headlines again so are more tentative.

All the positivity from the Ayr game seems to have evaporated after last nights draw. It feels like we should have won that but at the same time I feel that had we bagged three points we wouldn't really have been deserving of them. There was a strange moment when the commentator on ICT TV said (paraphrasing) that we deserved to be level if not ahead because of the amount of possession we had and the (half) chances we created but when we did go ahead started talking about a smash and grab win which I thought was a bit odd.

Really sloppy from Devine attempting to play that ball out of defence but also good anticipation from Scougall to cut out the low, driven pass and a nice through ball for Cameron. Not sure why MacGregor had his "goal" chalked off at the time but looking at the highlights above you can see Sutherland held back an Alloa player to stop him getting to the ball. Cracking hit from Duffy for our equaliser. Smashing shot. Watching our second back it wasn't quite as good as I thought last night, bit of a scuffed cross from Storey and Keatings hits it into the ground but I would have bitten your hand off for that goal if it had secured us three points so I am not going to complain about it.

Sadly we weren't able to see it out. Harsh but correct penalty award for handball gave us the chance for a third from nowhere but Storey had clearly been watching Iain Vigurs and some of his spot kicks. Really weak and far too close to the keeper. Then Alloa got a penalty of their own and Trouten wasn't going to miss.

We really struggled to break Alloa down. For a period towards the end of the first half it seemed they were playing with a solid back 5 and at least 3 players sitting right in front of that back line making it nigh on impossible for us to get through. We just chucked high balls out towards to side of the pitch as we didn't have the craft to pass our way through them. When they went 2 - 1 down they came right back at us and after they drew level I think Grant realised that they could easily win it so instead of sitting back again they kept pushing for a winner. I wonder if they had been more positive after their first whether they could actually have been out of sight before we did get back into it.

Commentary was much better with two people there and Iain Auld is a solid addition. Andy Bannerman, if he could tone down the endless Wiki recital (we don't need to know every players youth team) would probably be fine as well.

16 hours ago, RiG said:

All the positivity from the Ayr game seems to have evaporated after last nights draw. It feels like we should have won that but at the same time I feel that had we bagged three points we wouldn't really have been deserving of them. There was a strange moment when the commentator on ICT TV said (paraphrasing) that we deserved to be level if not ahead because of the amount of possession we had and the (half) chances we created but when we did go ahead started talking about a smash and grab win which I thought was a bit odd.

Really sloppy from Devine attempting to play that ball out of defence but also good anticipation from Scougall to cut out the low, driven pass and a nice through ball for Cameron. Not sure why MacGregor had his "goal" chalked off at the time but looking at the highlights above you can see Sutherland held back an Alloa player to stop him getting to the ball. Cracking hit from Duffy for our equaliser. Smashing shot. Watching our second back it wasn't quite as good as I thought last night, bit of a scuffed cross from Storey and Keatings hits it into the ground but I would have bitten your hand off for that goal if it had secured us three points so I am not going to complain about it.

Sadly we weren't able to see it out. Harsh but correct penalty award for handball gave us the chance for a third from nowhere but Storey had clearly been watching Iain Vigurs and some of his spot kicks. Really weak and far too close to the keeper. Then Alloa got a penalty of their own and Trouten wasn't going to miss.

We really struggled to break Alloa down. For a period towards the end of the first half it seemed they were playing with a solid back 5 and at least 3 players sitting right in front of that back line making it nigh on impossible for us to get through. We just chucked high balls out towards to side of the pitch as we didn't have the craft to pass our way through them. When they went 2 - 1 down they came right back at us and after they drew level I think Grant realised that they could easily win it so instead of sitting back again they kept pushing for a winner. I wonder if they had been more positive after their first whether they could actually have been out of sight before we did get back into it.

Commentary was much better with two people there and Iain Auld is a solid addition. Andy Bannerman, if he could tone down the endless Wiki recital (we don't need to know every players youth team) would probably be fine as well.

Training for penalty taking many years back was keep it on the ground or keep it low so that the goalie has to get down to it, Storey went for that method and failed.

Nowadays though goalkeeping training put's a lot into reading the taker and that's what the Alloa keeper did and was right with his dive to save.

Most penalties now are higher into the net.

19 hours ago, RiG said:

Andy Bannerman, if he could tone down the endless Wiki recital (we don't need to know every players youth team) would probably be fine as well.

My favourite bit was when Duffy scored the screamer and the first thing he shouted was "The former Rangers and Celtic youth man!!!" :lol:

On 24/02/2021 at 12:04, Highland Capital said:

ICT have plenty of fans with ‘know how’ in all kinds of areas but anyone who offers is simply told ‘thanks but no thanks’...if they get a response at all. The club aren’t interested.

Should say they helped out at Tynecastle for a couple of weeks in 1997. They'd be snatched up immediately.