Inverness v Alloa

This has the making of an interesting game. Alloa had a good win over Inverness a month ago and Inverness have only played 1 game since and haven't played at all in 3 weeks. Would like to see 1 or 2 attacking options signed for alloa by the game but I can't really see it. Hopefully we have at least a couple of players back from injury, massive 2nd half of the season. 1 each draw for me

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

I've already predicted this game. Snow and freezing conditions overnight. P - P

Then we get the prize of trying again on a Tuesday night.

Do they not have undersoil heating, thought they would being with having played in the premiership for a good few years.

49 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Do they not have undersoil heating, thought they would being with having played in the premiership for a good few years.

Costs too much. As much as testing is only 10% of the grant money there's a  host of other costs associated with this season it's better going on than undersoil heating.

USH ruined our pitch. From 96 till 2004 when we reached the SPL I think we only had a couple of games off due to frost. The USH rule was idiotic. If they’d made it optional but with accepting a fine for postponements, that would have suited us better.

36 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

USH ruined our pitch. From 96 till 2004 when we reached the SPL I think we only had a couple of games off due to frost. The USH rule was idiotic. If they’d made it optional but with accepting a fine for postponements, that would have suited us better.

Yeap, it made a complete mess of our pitch. Did we not remove the USH when we last relayed the pitch? If not removing I’m sure we did something with it to try and make improvements.

31 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Yeap, it made a complete mess of our pitch. Did we not remove the USH when we last relayed the pitch? If not removing I’m sure we did something with it to try and make improvements.

We attempted to improve the drainage which has been garbage for years now.

https://ictfc.com/pitch-improvements-underway

ETA: Also found this article which talks about it a bit more but probably more interesting if you like lawnmowers, grass seed and fertiliser (who doesn't!) but it also talks about the problems caused by the USH pipes.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/inverness-caledonian-thistle-football-club-in-deep-water.html

Unfortunately for Dale, this is not the end of his problems when it comes to drainage of the pitch. The undersoil heating pipes that were laid in 2003 as a requirement by the Scottish Premier League, when the club gained promotion, have not made the situation any easier to manage. "The pipes were laid in December of that year and the pitch was like porridge, the tractor wheels were spinning when they were trying to pull the pipes in. The pipes are all up, down, left and right. They are not uniform and are meant to be down at a depth of nine inches across the whole pitch. But there are many areas where we are lucky if they are six and a half inches down. We are unable to go any lower than a depth of five inches when using a verti-drain or the Toro ProCore. Ideally, I would like to be going in a lot deeper to try and get a link from the surface to the drains below. Another problem we are having with the pipes is they are baking the heavy content of soil we have in the pitch. So, three to four inches around the pipes is like concrete, which I am unable to try and cure due to the restrictions of depths we can aerate."

Edited by RiG

58 minutes ago, RiG said:

We attempted to improve the drainage which has been garbage for years now.

https://ictfc.com/pitch-improvements-underway

ETA: Also found this article which talks about it a bit more but probably more interesting if you like lawnmowers, grass seed and fertiliser (who doesn't!) but it also talks about the problems caused by the USH pipes.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/inverness-caledonian-thistle-football-club-in-deep-water.html

It confirms a theory I like to stick by when I'm making business purchases. Buy cheap buy twice. Or constantly have to handicap yourself with partial solutions.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I like how the Inverness PPV doesn't take any responsibility. It's like "not my problem. Get on to Luca at the SPFL and stream AMG if it's broke."

I asked for a refund for our game, got the money within 24 hours.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Frozen pitch???

Did the undersoil heating fail or did someone forget to put the money in the meter?

It’s not required in the Championship I don’t think. So it’s a cost the club won’t spend.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I like how the Inverness PPV doesn't take any responsibility. It's like "not my problem. Get on to Luca at the SPFL and stream AMG if it's broke."

TBF at least they respond to emails unlike Alloa. I'm still waiting for a response to my email sent last month about your stream cutting out during the game between our sides.

31 minutes ago, RiG said:

TBF at least they respond to emails unlike Alloa. I'm still waiting for a response to my email sent last month about your stream cutting out during the game between our sides.

I don't do the emails. But I can tell you it's not something that's down to us. The only stream we've had not work was against Ayr United. Every other problem is from user connection to the CDN. Whether it's to do with device, internet, browser, plugins, I can't tell you unless I'm in your house to troubleshoot.