Hearts vs. Raith Rovers

I couldn’t understand why Hearts went back in for Neilson don’t think Dundee Utd and their supporters could believe their luck. Hearts are lucky that the rest of this league are so poor. Any persistent challenger would have them in big trouble but can’t see it happening.

Well done to Raith - what a terrific result scoring 3 at Tynie especially after their lay off.

1) Kai Kennedy was fantastic today. Fast, good control, low centre of gravity... just danced away from his marker.

2) Gozie Ugwu  looked good, not just for his goal but I thought his hold up play was superior to that of Duku's - much better at finding a Rovers Jersey with the second ball than Duku maybe has been.

3) Rovers did well at getting bodies behind the ball when Hearts had possession. Particularly in wide areas. We did really well at getting two guys out on GMS most times, for example.

4) Jamie McDonald earned his season's wages in one afternoon. Those interventions is why we signed him.

1 hour ago, HoustonRover said:

When is the interviews up? Just want to see Johnny McGlynn’s puss - fully in love

Not long in the door, will probably be up in about thirty minutes by the time the upload is done. Highlights will be up at midnight.

Edited by Roath Raver

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Hearts had a good amount of chances and MacDonald kept us in the game. 

However, when you consider the circumstances surrounding the game, before you look at the gap in budget etc, to be 3-0 up at Tynecastle was very good going.

I've always liked Mcglynn and been a but if a fan boy, but that was a Mcglynn masterclass today. He really manages to get the most out of players in a way very few Rovers managers have. 

The job JMcG is doing for us is beyond incredible when you think where we were under Locke, Hughes and Smith. If he was younger, full of his own self importance and wore brown shoes, clubs would be lining up to steal him. Thank f**k he’s as humble as they come and prefers the double hat look.  He’s an absolute legend. 

It's arrogance if Hearts fans say we should win. But if you're not a Hearts fan it's fair game to slaughter us for losing because we should be winning games with this squad in this division.

This is true.
Hearts should be beating us- the gulf in budget is enormous.
Fans of Rangers/ St Mirren/ Dundee Utd etc coming on this thread to laugh at Hearts getting beat by a diddy team annoys me far more than Hearts fans expecting to win.

Oh aye, and nearly forgot- YAAAAASSS! Fucking love John McGlynn!

Btw, hats off (both of them) to John Mcglynn. I always thought he was a great servant at Hearts who suffered from getting the job when he shouldn't have.  Because of that it tarnished his image with Hearts fans, but glad to see him doing well, he deserves it.

The job JMcG is doing for us is beyond incredible when you think where we were under Locke, Hughes and Smith. If he was younger, full of his own self importance and wore brown shoes, clubs would be lining up to steal him. Thank f**k he’s as humble as they come and prefers the double hat look.  He’s an absolute legend. 

Always liked McGinn and never liked Locke so I’m glad he’s doing well.

Obviously I’d rather he hadn’t done well today

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Always liked McGinn and never liked Locke so I’m glad he’s doing well.

Obviously I’d rather he hadn’t done well today

That'll be John McGinn now of Aston Villa?🤔😉

2 hours ago, Paco said:

That’s just ridiculous on every level. Outstanding. John McGlynn is a hero.

Really devastating we don’t get to watch this team in person. Because they’re capable of some fucking good football.

Even more devastating that the team will most certainly be ripped apart come May.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

We had more than enough chances to get a result. I was more meaning we should've got a point tbh, just phrased badly. Sitters from Naismith and Walker. Three great saves from MacDonald, plus the 2 we scored. 

Aye and 9 minutes injury time ! Sitters mean nothing you didn’t score and we missed a penalty all ifs and buts you got beat deal with it,you Waste a fortune on this team of world beaters when really you couldn’t beat the rovers 1 training session in 11 days piss poor no matter how you try and spin it . Bunch oh old firm wannabes to be honest