Hearts vs. Raith Rovers

3 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Even if Hearts do go up Neilson's just the man to bring them straight back down again. Promoted way above his ability.

The irony is that another former Hearts' manager, John McGlynn, is streets ahead of him.

Neilson.jpg

If you gave 100 Hearts fans the choice of Robbie or McGlynn as manager, I'm pretty sure it'd be 100 percent Neilson.

Said all season that Robbie can't win in this division no matter what he does.  Win games and he's got a better squad, lose and he's a clown.   He wouldn't have been my choice, but he's a decent manager

7 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

If you gave 100 Hearts fans the choice of Robbie or McGlynn as manager, I'm pretty sure it'd be 100 percent Neilson.

Said all season that Robbie can't win in this division no matter what he does.  Win games and he's got a better squad, lose and he's a clown.   He wouldn't have been my choice, but he's a decent manager

Yep. As illustrated by where Robbie left us when he left. He's not the most exciting, some fans can't stand him for sure, but he's not a bad manager. 

Looking at the league tables the wee team from Edinburgh has lost more games than the MIGHTY RAITH ROVERS GTUPY Fanny Fudge. 😝. Can we play you every week?  Stuck up fannies   I love it when we put it right up them,Rangers,Celtic,Hibs,Hearts even the scum from the west of Fife this is what football's all about. Please let us back in soon.

Looking at the league tables the wee team from Edinburgh has lost more games than the MIGHTY RAITH ROVERS GTUPY Fanny Fudge. [emoji13]. Can we play you every week?  Stuck up fannies   I love it when we put it right up them,Rangers,Celtic,Hibs,Hearts even the scum from the west of Fife this is what football's all about. Please let us back in soon.

That was a difficult read even for the Rovers fans!

Tony I was there in 1967/8 when a certain Gordon Wallace put two past this spurred us onto the run that kept us in the 1st division and Gordon got his due rewards. Jim Herriot not sure of the spelling sorry . Me being an apprentice at that time and getting a fiver a week   I managed the game at Tynecastle 2 seasons later when Mike Judge scored two but hearts  scored three off-side goals. Last bits tongue in cheek but we did get chased out by the hearts supporters  very scary for a wee boy fae the Gallatoon.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

"Love it when we put it right up them". Genuinely, wasn't that your first win against us since 93? 

Lets put this in perspective

Hearts are the biggest club in this league by some distance(bar codes might have something to say on that 😅),on paper the best squad that nobody can come close to,biggest budget by a country mile,favourites to win the league and they will

We,re a medium size club,miniscule budget to the Hearts,not played since the end of December,trained on Friday for the 1st time in 10 days

Throw in Budge dragging us through the courts at a cost we could ill afford GIRUY is merited

Cut us some slack

Edited by Rovers_Lad

6 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Maybe it’s just a case of bring the perfect fit for a club, but I’m pretty sure not a single Rovers fan would take Neilson over McGlynn. I certainly wouldn’t. You guys will win the league regardless of results like Saturdays because bigger budgets and squads tend to win out over the course of a season, but pound for pound McGlynn is easily doing a superior job at the moment. 

7 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Maybe it’s just a case of bring the perfect fit for a club, but I’m pretty sure not a single Rovers fan would take Neilson over McGlynn. I certainly wouldn’t. You guys will win the league regardless of results like Saturdays because bigger budgets and squads tend to win out over the course of a season, but pound for pound McGlynn is easily doing a superior job at the moment. 

I think we'd all take McGlynn over any manager right now because of what's he's achieved. But let's not forget the massive contribution Paul Smith has made too.

Edited by Raith_Raver

58 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I think we'd all take McGlynn over any manager right now because of what's he's achieved. But let's not forget the massive contribution Paul Smith has made too.

Totally agree. Especially his strong contribution when John was incapacitated at the end of last year.

9 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Could well be, and I'm not having a go at McGlynn but we were absolutely dismal under him, even allowing for the state the club was in at time.

Certainly no chance he'd ever be welcomed back to Tynecastle as a manager despite being a sound guy

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Could well be, and I'm not having a go at McGlynn but we were absolutely dismal under him, even allowing for the state the club was in at time.

Certainly no chance he'd ever be welcomed back to Tynecastle as a manager despite being a sound guy

Accept its pretty impossible to shift a perception of a previous stint at the club which was seen as uninspiring. His first spell with us was highly effective but criticised for being functional, but as we are finding out now, this is McGlynn 2.0. Hard-work, togetherness but with free-flowing, attacking football added. It’s an absolute joy to watch. 

Suspect that his low key, just get on with it approach probably doesn’t appeal to clubs and fans who see themselves as deserving of a bigger personality or ‘name’. He’ll never be the type to be a media darling or out there promoting or over inflating their own ability like a Yogi Hughes. He just gets on with it and doesn’t care what others think, which is exactly what I love about him. If we keep this up, he’ll easily be Manager of the Year.