Hearts vs. Raith Rovers

Hearts will almost certainly still win the league, but they are just not a good team. Talk of them being a top six Premiership side was always absolute nonsense, given they finished fucking bottom, but the pish coming from the media before the season about them going unbeaten and Boyce scoring 30 goals was always laughable given the manager.
Because Neilson simply isn't very good..

They’re absolutely mince when you take into account their fan base and budget. They’ve got 3 Scotland internationals in Gordon, Berra and Naismith all be it at the end of their careers. They should walk this league. You’re right they’ll win it but they’ll lose a few along the way. I actually thought the Pars were the team to run them close but like Dundee you’re dropping too many points.

Deserved to be 3 down purely because of how we defended, absolutely schoolboy at times.  Raith were very good til we pulled 1 back and then we created that many chances we should've got at least a point, MacDonald was fantastic.  But the problem is if you wait to go so far behind before getting your finger out, you get what you deserve.

Neilson needs to get his fucking act together, start your best team and don't try to be cute. 

Not convinced the second penalty was one, but Smith gave the ref a decision to make by putting in a needless attempt at getting the ball.

Raith away and Dunfermline at home next two, a vast improvement needed in both.

Deserved to be 3 down purely because of how we defended, absolutely schoolboy at times.  Raith were very good til we pulled 1 back and then we created that many chances we should've got at least a point, MacDonald was fantastic.  But the problem is if you wait to go so far behind before getting your finger out, you get what you deserve.
Neilson needs to get his fucking act together, start your best team and don't try to be cute. 
Not convinced the second penalty was one, but Smith gave the ref a decision to make by putting in a needless attempt at getting the ball.

“At least a point”

Really [emoji23]

We missed a penalty

Aye you could have equalised but c’mon you weren’t winning this one.

You only came into the game when a team who hadn't played this year and had 1 training session in 12 days were fucked.

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

“At least a point”

Really emoji23.png

We missed a penalty

Aye you could have equalised but c’mon you weren’t winning this one.

We had more than enough chances to get a result. I was more meaning we should've got a point tbh, just phrased badly. Sitters from Naismith and Walker. Three great saves from MacDonald, plus the 2 we scored. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

You only came into the game when a team who hadn't played this year and had 1 training session in 12 days were fucked.

Raith didn't know how to approach it when we pulled one back, that wasn't tiredness. Maybe at the death fair enough, but I don't think I have said anything controversial. We had enough chances to get something, but got what we deserved for getting ourselves in that position. I also said Raith were very good til it went 3-1, which is true, but they couldn't get out thereafter.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Raith didn't know how to approach it when we pulled one back, that wasn't tiredness. Maybe at the death fair enough, but I don't think I have said anything controversial. We had enough chances to get something, but got what we deserved for getting ourselves in that position. I also said Raith were very good til it went 3-1, which is true, but they couldn't get out thereafter.

But your team chose not to capitalise on our tiredness. Says more about your team and management decisions than our performance. We got everything right. Hearts didnt

Hearts had a good amount of chances and MacDonald kept us in the game. 

However, when you consider the circumstances surrounding the game, before you look at the gap in budget etc, to be 3-0 up at Tynecastle was very good going.

I've always liked Mcglynn and been a but if a fan boy, but that was a Mcglynn masterclass today. He really manages to get the most out of players in a way very few Rovers managers have. 

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

But your team chose not to capitalise on our tiredness. Says more about your team and management decisions than our performance. We got everything right. Hearts didnt

We made good chances, a combination of bad finishing and great goalkeeping kept us out. I'm not excusing our team or management, hence why I've already twice said we got what we deserved. I think folk are looking for a reason to be offended here 😂

Edited by Tony Wonder

33 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

That's why folk hates Hearts fans in this league. You have no right to hammer anyone. Have a nice night emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

If you want to get outraged cause I'm saying a team with a load of highly paid international players should be more than good enough to win comfortably in every game in this league, fair play.

Raith fully deserved their win, because they played better than us for most of the game.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

We made good chances, a combination of bad finishing and great goalkeeping kept us out. I'm not excusing our team or management, hence why I've already twice said we got what we deserved. I think folk are looking for a reason to be offended here 😂

Not offended, just annoyed at the arrogance from Georgie way. The just turn up and win shtick gets on my goat. 

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

If you want to get outraged cause I'm saying a team with a load of highly paid international players should be more than good enough to win comfortably in every game in this league, fair play.

Raith fully deserved their win, because they played better than us for most of the game.

It's arrogance if Hearts fans say we should win. But if you're not a Hearts fan it's fair game to slaughter us for losing because we should be winning games with this squad in this division.

We made good chances, a combination of bad finishing and great goalkeeping kept us out. I'm not excusing our team or management, hence why I've already twice said we got what we deserved. I think folk are looking for a reason to be offended here [emoji23]
I wasn't really taking offence to what you had said. There was absolutely an element of tiredness coming in to our squad since near enough the start of the second half though. It was always going to happen and they done brilliantly to keep going and come away with the 3 points.

Macdonald has more than shown the difference a top 'keeper can make. It's the hardest position on the pitch to play as you will go through large periods with little to do and to be able to make the saves he made at the end shows the mark of the guy as a player.

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I admire your honesty, and most of the Hearts fans have been gracious. It’s just a wee GiRUY that’s all.