Hearts vs. Raith Rovers

9 minutes ago, DC92 said:

image.png.23a0d5a8b13dbea130b8236e49180c2c.png

We've generally ranged from poor to adequate this season but that first hour was genuinely horrific.  Quite clear the players thought they just had to turn up to win today.

Neilson hasn't mentioned a new centre-back yet in this window, which is bizarre because our defence is as bad as I can ever remember. Most people have (reasonably) questioned why Berra seems undroppable but Popescu showed exactly why that is today.

I've no idea what Halliday is supposed to offer either. Irving was pretty much doing the work of two players in midfield today.

Raith were very impressive. I don't think the second goal should have been a penalty but Kennedy absolutely did Smith and was generally superb all afternoon. MacDonald pretty much transformed into Buffon for the last 20 minutes. It'd hardly be a surprise if they turned us over on Tuesday based on that display.

I'll be honest, I thought Popescu was much better than Berra even with the mistake for the second goal.  He actually won some headers and passed the ball with some purpose

That's also twice this season Kai Kennedy has run Michael Smith ragged

Outstanding performance and result credit to the players and management. Kennedy, Armstrong and Jamie MacDonald were excellent.

However, special mention to Kieran MacDonald. Not played in over 6 weeks after having Covid. Will have barely trained in that time given his own lay off then the clubs. However, I thought he kept GMS, clearly a quality player for this level, very quiet throughout.

Fucking hell. What a game and what a performance. Skooshed into a three goal lead and then hung on for dear life at the end. Jamie MacDonald - absolutely stunning performance and won us the points. Those 9 minutes of injury time were sheer torture. 
Kai Kennedy looks an amazing addition. What a bit of business by McGlynn.  This team is the best going forward since the 92/93 squad. 

To think that most of these guys were self-isolating for the last ten days. Incredible. Fair play to Hearts TV. The commentary was pretty balanced and gave Rovers the credit they deserved. 

Well, that was quite something, wasn't it? An absolute shredder of nerves but what a result. 

Hard really to comment on players individually as I could barely make out who they were owing to a poor quality stream, but what a performance from Macdonald - some brilliant saves. 

We start every game at walking pace.  The defence also cost us at least 1 ridiculous goal in every game, more today.
No way we can continue with our current cente halfs and central midfield or we'll continue to lose games to teams we should be hammering
That's why folk hates Hearts fans in this league. You have no right to hammer anyone. Have a nice night [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

32 minutes ago, Empty It said:
34 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:
Can already see Neilson's post match interview doing my nut in. That was a near unforgivable performance. He can blame the ref or time wasting all he wants, it won't mask that abysmal excuse for a game and he must think fans are thick if they're buying what he's selling.

How can he blame the ref for time wasting when we got 9+ minutes of ET, the man is an arsehole, shite managers go to is blame the ref for every loss.

I’ll take that everyday of the week however 9 mins injury time maybe 5 but in the end it didn’t matter!  I’ve watched hearts 4 times now not impressed once sorry hearts fans and what’s your thoughts on Naismith personally think he’s dug meat and does very little for a big wage packet. Think today’s game will catch up with us with only one training session and a full 90 mins in 11days so 3 points was a huge bonus today.

As for Robbie Neilson please please pleas keep him cos he’s clueless

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I'll be honest, I thought Popescu was much better than Berra even with the mistake for the second goal.  He actually won some headers and passed the ball with some purpose

That's also twice this season Kai Kennedy has run Michael Smith ragged

I don't generally have much of a preference out of the two, but Popescu always seconds away from a disaster like that. I like that he carries the ball forward, but his passing from the back could generously be described as erratic, so sometimes even Berra's hoofs seem preferable.

For the avoidance of doubt, Berra was also fucking terrible today. Hopefully his injury will force us to bring someone in this week. I think we might have to suffer Halkett until the end of the season though, unfortunately.

Hearts will almost certainly still win the league, but they are just not a good team. Talk of them being a top six Premiership side was always absolute nonsense, given they finished fucking bottom, but the pish coming from the media before the season about them going unbeaten and Boyce scoring 30 goals was always laughable given the manager.

Because Neilson simply isn't very good..