Hearts vs. Raith Rovers

Robbie Neilson either didn't think we'd push our fullbacks on or, more likely, decided to let Frear and Mackay-Steven not track back to create an overload on the counter, but it hasn't worked at all. 

Particularly in the early stages, Kingsley and Smith had to deal with their wide player and a Rovers fullback pushing on. 

There are going to be plenty chances for both teams as this game goes on. 

Really good first half by us. Hearts have had most of the ball but we’ve been well organised and look decent on the break and in possession when we get the chance. Far better than I was expecting considering it’s our first game in almost 4 weeks and yesterday was our first training session in almost 2 weeks.

Pleasing to see Ugwu looks like he can offer something, great finish but his hold up play has been encouraging too, a few nice flicks and lay offs.

Can’t be too harsh on Hendry it was a decent penalty, although a good height for the keeper, a really good save by Gordon.

We will surely tire 2nd half and you’d expect Hearts to still win, especially with the likes of Ginnelly to come on but plenty positives for us and much better than I was expecting. 

If Manny's fit enough for a flat out 45 minutes, this could get very interesting. If he was only on the bench because we don't have any other strikers and now Ugwu's picked up a knock... not so much. 

Kennedy! What a run! I thought Smith might've got a toe on the ball when I saw it live, and the replay looks like he might too. Hard to tell for sure.