Grand Designs

Tonight’s 1st highlight was the crane there to load the steel collapsing in the mud!

Then it got better as the rescue truck tried to pull it out, but no joy. “Have you taken the handbrake off?” —— crane operator “ eh naw! “

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Is the woman in each episode contractually obliged to have a baby during the building of the house?

It's the old scamp Kevin. It's in his contract with channel 4

22 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The guy that went bankrupt half way through his concrete monstrosity, and then his wife left him.😀

That the one in Cornwall and he’s spunked couple million on it?

On 20/01/2021 at 19:24, Yflab said:

I enjoyed last weeks episode where the young couple had both survived brain tumours and were prepared to get hands on and complete a transformation of a barn into a home. Sure they had some help from her parents, but they showed tremendous commitment to the building project and deal with difficulties in the process by thinking outside the box rather than dole out the cash in credit cards. 

I think it’s one best that’s been on, they worked hard and the house was lovely. 

There was one built by guy called Clint that was massive, later appear in a bt or ee advert.

32 minutes ago, RH33 said:

That the one in Cornwall and he’s spunked couple million on it?

Yeah, he built another home along the road for them to live in, while the main one got constructed, the one along the road was smart and perfectly adequate, but no, he had to be the big man, and then it turned to shite, his own fault. IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight's episode, building a curved house round a protected tree.

The project manager who is one of the owners deals with a complex structural issue by saying she will burry her head in the sand. Priceless!

• 6 months later...

I’ve just started watching tonight’s episode. I knew the English market was mental but they’ve paid £160k for a plot of land inches away from a railway line and a main road, never mind not being able to build on half of the plot because of a sewer.

I can’t get my head round why you would even think about buying it.

10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I’ve just started watching tonight’s episode. I knew the English market was mental but they’ve paid £160k for a plot of land inches away from a railway line and a main road, never mind not being able to build on half of the plot because of a sewer.

I can’t get my head round why you would even think about buying it.

To get on Grand Designs imo.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

Watched a lot of Grand Designs and it inspired me to build my own house. Learned a lot from it and our house was started in June and we moved in in January.

Still watch it and would love to do it again. 

Shame you weren’t in for Christmas…