Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Will you get the COVID vaccine?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

My dealer has never let me down. Always punctual, delivers the goods, and has good chat. 

Big pharma and the Tory government on the other hand?

At least you know big pharma are creaming of huge chunks of cash into shareholders pockets. Depending on whatever your dealer is giving you, if it's anything that can't be made here then you fund human trafficking and international terror. Neither are exactly great.

Started to refuse the flu jag a few years back as the only time I got unwell was after taking it. The doctor was a bit grouchy with me and maybe thought I was some gammon/tinfoil hat type. Wouldn’t hesitate to take this Covid one if offered. No concern for my own safety but anything to help spreading it to someone more vulnerable. I’d start accepting the flu jag too if it was explained to me that it might stop someone else getting unwell. Don’t really know how flu spreads. 

P&Bers, just a little thought I've had for a while (and one which has resurfaced since a BBC article came out this morning)...
Is it morally wrong to refuse the vaccine, for the time being, on the basis that you are shocked at how little of the supply has been extended to the developing world so far? Is it wrong that I would be getting the vaccine so much faster than someone my age in Malawi, for example? 
Covax is undoubtedly a fantastic initiative, but it's not doing nearly enough. It's looking increasingly likely that we're going to have a world where the developed world is sufficiently immunized, but vast swathes of Africa and Asia are still cowering in fear. 
Just a thought, as I say. I haven't made up my mind yet. 
People living in Blantyre have enough disadvantages already!

In all seriousness, AZ have been setting up plants (Holland or Belgium, can't remember for sure) that will be manufacturing exclusively for distribution to the developing world and i assume other developers will be doing similar. It's just not getting that much publicity, probably because our media is busy reporting on the matters closer to home.

My COVID vaccine appointment was meant to be last Wednesday but the boss jumped the gun with when we could book it so it was cancelled. Now re-scheduled for next Tuesday. We've also now been given lateral flow testing kits to self test ourselves at home if we're required to go into hospital/care homes/people's homes etc. That should be fun and games.

Interestingly re the flu jab. Never had an issue with it but got it at somepoint in December about lunch time'ish and was in my bed for 5pm. Felt fine the next day but awfy weird that evening after getting it. Fatigue is a common side effect by all accounts.

Edited by Raithie

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

A month is quite a long time but it's normal to feel crummy after a vaccination

It probably just coincided with Christmas party season when I’d be drinking every day for a month and since not drinking I don’t get unwell (except stuff like concussion, being electrocuted etc).

15 hours ago, 101 said:

At least you know big pharma are creaming of huge chunks of cash into shareholders pockets. Depending on whatever your dealer is giving you, if it's anything that can't be made here then you fund human trafficking and international terror. Neither are exactly great.

Human trafficking funds itself! If it was a loss making enterprise no one would bother.

Edited by Detournement

15 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Started to refuse the flu jag a few years back as the only time I got unwell was after taking it. The doctor was a bit grouchy with me and maybe thought I was some gammon/tinfoil hat type. Wouldn’t hesitate to take this Covid one if offered. No concern for my own safety but anything to help spreading it to someone more vulnerable. I’d start accepting the flu jag too if it was explained to me that it might stop someone else getting unwell. Don’t really know how flu spreads. 

Surprised you were offered it at your age.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Surprised you were offered it at your age.

It’s because I have to take some toxic drugs to keep me fighting fit. Had to get a vasectomy too in case I gave someone a glow in the dark child. Thought I was a death’s door about 10 years ago but a load of steroid injections and some tablets called methotrexate and they had me better than new. 

On 18/01/2021 at 12:36, ICTChris said:

I will get it but it isn't going to be given to the likes of me for ages. 

At least one person I have on my social media who I know didn't get their kids the recommended MMR vaccine has been posting on social media about how anti-vaxxers are idiots.  

I hope you called them on it. Life is too short to not call an idiot an idiot.