Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Will you get the COVID vaccine?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

If it made my head and arms fall off I'd maybe consider not taking it but would probably go ahead anyway.

That's probably fair aye. I just can't help but think a lot of people who repeat the "long term side effects" excuse are secretly thinking "this vaccine will give me autism" or some other completely unfounded nonsense. I'm intrigued to understand what the cut off point is for these people. Wee bit of sickness is okay but chronic diarrhoea would be too much?  Or is it just long term scary illnesses they know very little about that worries them?

I haven't had it yet, but will shortly have the opportunity to get it. I am a support worker for young people with physical and learning disabilities.

The people saying they aren't getting it because they don't know what's in it are probably the same people who think nothing of taking drugs that someone has cut in a shed.

Scientists and medical experts have created this vaccine. They are infinitely better qualified to judge whether the vaccine is safe and effective than some random person on social media.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I would guess all the people outside of the priority list are essentially considered equal - I don't see why a 49 year-old would take precedence over an 18 year-old.

I've no medical basis but I'd assume the opposite. It's clearly a virus which increases its seriousness the older you are. I presume it hasn't got a magic switch that tells it the minute you turn 50. Logically 49 year olds are at greater risk than 18 year olds even if that risk is acceptably low. I'd have expected them to work downwards in age subject to potentially bringing people in with asthmatic histories first maybe.

53 minutes ago, 101 said:

What would convince you?

More information. The survival rate is exceptionally high. I know of a nurse in Murray Royal who got it when it was first rolled out and is now absolutely fucking riddled with the virus. 

Yes, there has talk of early years and teachers getting bumped up the list. Either way I’d happily be in work (off unrelated). We had no cases in the nursery between august and Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

More information. The survival rate is exceptionally high. I know of a nurse in Murray Royal who got it when it was first rolled out and is now absolutely fucking riddled with the virus. 

The vaccination doesn't give instant protection so you can still catch Covid for a couple of weeks after getting it. That doesn't mean the vaccination caused it.

Just now, welshbairn said:

The vaccination doesn't give instant protection so you can still catch Covid for a couple of weeks after getting it. That doesn't mean the vaccination caused it.

I never said the vaccination caused it, apologies if it come across that way. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If the government pursued a certain level of the population vaccinated before completely removing restrictions would that make you more likely to take it? As obviously you are fairly young so the vaccine won't make you that much more likely to survive it because you already are fairly resistant but the reason I would take it is to get the numbers of people vaccinated up rather than my own safety.

One of my work colleagues was pretty much against taking the vaccine whereas I'm all for it, he picked up the virus two weeks ago, my how his tune has changed! He's now saying even if the vaccine reduced the effect of the virus by 20-30% he's going to get it ASAP.