Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Will you get the COVID vaccine?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the title says.

I will get it/them. No brainer for me.

Will you be all for it or do you think there's some reason not to get it? There will be a minority of people who can't get it due to health reasons, but I suspect a lot of people will claim this when it probably isn't the case for them.

I can understand people being concerned about getting it, but it seems like these concerns almost always come from social media and/or odd articles online. It seems that people never just discuss such concerns with actual health professionals, instead bizarrely instantly and totally trusting unsubstantiated 'sources', or at least erring on their side of caution.

Obviously there are an alarmingly large number of anti-vaccine morons, but something I'm seeing more of is people saying they are not against vaccines but won't get it as a 'personal choice'. People do indeed have that choice, but isn't that just more of an 'anti-vax lite' type of view, like some sort of moderate anti-vaccination stance?

Will some workplaces make it a requirement that people have to have it? I think in some fields, like health care, such a requirement would be a good idea, although it wouldn't make sense across the board.

I think we'll see a lot of travel restricted if you haven't been vaccinated, and that might change some people's minds if they were against it before.

Yes. I volunteer for a food delivery programme which takes meals to vulnerable people, so I think I might get offered it fairly soon through that. When I do I will be straight down to the Louisa Jordan or wherever else at whatever time of the day they want me.

There are obviously concerns about any new drug, but I trust the medical experts who have worked on these things and all the regulatory authorities to do their jobs properly.

Edited by craigkillie

Waiting for the call to get mine.  I think i'm in the 3rd category after the auld stoats & key workers due to being >60 and a shielder due to my ongoing health issues.  Those that need/deserve the 1st tranche of the available vaccines are the priority.  I'll wait till it's my turn.

Yes. 

Not in favour of restricting life for those that don't get it, however. Not only would it be wrong to do so, but enforcing that will be an administrative nightmare that we can all be doing without. I will however take a dim view of refusers that don't have a good reason. 

Definitely yes, although I'd expect I'll be towards the end of the year before it's my turn. 

Anti-vaxxers and other dafties who think it's going put a Bill Gates-invented chip into them are fucking idiots who shouldn't be mixing with the rest of society anyway. 

The people on my Facebook who are posting about they aren't having it are also the same people who support Trump/the Far Right and share posts like "THEIRE'S A MUCH BIGGER PANDEMIC THAN COVID. PEDOPHILES. COVID IS A GOVERNMENT COVER UP TO SAVE THE CHILD ABUSERS. LIKE THIS TO JAIL A PAEDO".

The people who are posting on my Facebook about getting it tend to work in the health service. So I think I'll probably trust them. If I die or grow a tail as a result then that just adds to the fun.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Personally I think that all anti-vaxxers should be moved to their own separate colony on a remote island, maybe Ascension Island?

Wales seems to be determined to make a hash of it, how about there? 

I will get it but it isn't going to be given to the likes of me for ages. 

At least one person I have on my social media who I know didn't get their kids the recommended MMR vaccine has been posting on social media about how anti-vaxxers are idiots.  

From the BBC:

We aim to complete first doses for everyone over 65 years old by the beginning of March, says Ms Sturgeon.

She adds: "We aim to reach the whole of the JCVI priority list by early May."

Then the rest of the adult population will follow thereafter.

Does anyone know if they'll just open a booking system up to everyone else in May and it's a case of first come, first serve? So a healthy 18 year old could get theirs before a healthy 49 year old, for example? Or is it still to be rolled out by age once the priority list is complete?