Aberdeen v Motherwell

Would like to see a 4231 type for this

Lewis

Logan Hoban Considine Leigh

Ferguson Campbell

Hedges Wright Kennedy

Cosgrove

Hedges and Kennedy can both do the defensive wide midfielder duties well enough and also provide pace on the attack/counter. Ferguson and Campbell to get stuck in in the middle. Need Cosgrove to have a good game

1 minute ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Or, more likely that Ferguson gets stuck in while Campbell fannys out of challenges and breaks down red attacks by slowing the ball up.

Jury is still out for me on Campbell too but I'd still rather give him an opportunity rather than Ojo. Unless we get a surprise Virtanen start 

11 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Lewis

Ferguson Campbell

Hedges Wright Kennedy

Cosgrove

Hedges and Kennedy can both do the defensive wide midfielder duties well enough and also provide pace on the attack/counter. Ferguson and Campbell to get stuck in in the middle. Need Cosgrove to have a good game

I'd probably go with that, too. I don't particularly rate Campbell, but you are at least developing a young player when he plays over Ojo. Logan and Leigh are bottom six full-backs at best, but we don't really have any other options with Hayes injured and need to revert to the back four with the injuries we have. 

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'd probably go with that, too. I don't particularly rate Campbell, but you are at least developing a young player when he plays over Ojo. Logan and Leigh are bottom six full-backs at best, but we don't really have any other options with Hayes injured and need to revert to the back four with the injuries we have. 

Aye what is there to gain from playing someone who has proven at best to be pretty ineffectual and at worst absolute pish?

Although I've actually convinced myself that I'd rather see Virtanen start ahead of Campbell just for the novelty factor. Campbell is definitely capable of having good games but injuries and subsequent loss of form have definitely derailed him

18 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Lewis

Ferguson Campbell

Hedges Wright Kennedy

Cosgrove

I don't think there's much option on the formation. Might be Ngwena at LB if Leigh's not match fit yet, which sounds probable.

I've got a feeling that Main might get the nod over Cosgrove because he runs about more. 

Seems O'Hara and Grimshaw aren't available so I'd imagine we'll be as we were against Rangers last week. Maybe Lawleff in for Seedorf?

Kelly
O'Donnell Mugabi Gallagher Carroll
Campbell Crawford Polworth
Lawleff Cole Watt

Subs (from): Long, Morrison, Smith, Hastie, Seedorf, White, Maguire, Lamie, McGinley, Cornelius, Devine, Hussain, Johnston, MacIver, Chapman

We’ve performed well in the first half of our last few games but fallen apart a bit when we’ve had to rely on the likes of White and Mciver coming off the bench.

With Lawless, Long and Smith all presumably on the bench today we should hopefully not have as much of a drop off when making subs, or have a better chance of chasing the game if needed.

Sounds like the Dons have a bit of a patchwork squad today but will still be dangerous with Hedges, Hayes and Ferguson.

Certainly more positive about getting a result than I would have been a few weeks ago but would be surprised if we got all 3 points. I’ll predict a third 1-1 in a row for us.

20 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't think there's much option on the formation. Might be Ngwena at LB if Leigh's not match fit yet, which sounds probable.

I've got a feeling that Main might get the nod over Cosgrove because he runs about more. 

Leigh has been doing some match preview stuff so seems like he'll be involved. Would be okay with seeing what Ngwena can do though.

Just saw a highlight of Cosgrove's goal at Fir Park last season. Doesn't seem anywhere near capable of doing something like that just now. Looks like his pace has dropped off massively

2 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Leigh has been doing some match preview stuff so seems like he'll be involved. Would be okay with seeing what Ngwena can do though.

Just saw a highlight of Cosgrove's goal at Fir Park last season. Doesn't seem anywhere near capable of doing something like that just now. Looks like his pace has dropped off massively

He'd a wee run during last weeks shitshow that made Brian Irvine (❤️) remark that he didn't know Cosgrove was that fast. I think he still has a bit of pace. He does need to get his finger out and show what he's made of though. 

That goes for a few of them too. Logan has a chance to force his way back in. Campbell needs to step up a bit more, Kennedy needs to show why we signed him. Etc

8 minutes ago, Desp said:

INTAE THIS SHITE MOTHERWELL! 

First of all it is not factually accurate. 
for example there are Aberdeen fans who believe we should be swotted aside with ease given respective budgets and league standings. 
5pm should be fun on here as one side will have probably won 3-0..