Aberdeen v Motherwell

Reading a few comments on social media and a few having a dig at Cosgrove. I'm not his biggest fan but I thought he had a decent game and looking at a few comments on here so did a few others. 
I do laugh at some of our support which after a really good performance still find a negative on certain players - Social media I suppose: half glass full.
That is surprising. Im firmly in the camp of thinking he's a huddie but thought he offered a lot today. Would even go as far to say he looked bothered.

Loved Hedges, Wright and Kennedy running riot today. Although Hedges got Man Of The Match on RedTV, the real one was Kelly. He was magnificent and I lost count of the number of superb saves he had. Why did we not get to play against the goalie imposter that was in the Motherwell team a couple of weeks back?

34 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

You even avoided him in the god awful match just before Christmas when we had Archer in.

Unlucky the day lads, we get to keep the 2nd place trophy by virtue of season aggregate.

At least we aren’t juggling the Hot Potato.

Impressive display today and first thing to say is McInnes got his tactics spot on. We pressed Motherwell very high and never stopped all day. That meant they never got going all afternoon which was pleasant. We played some fine stuff and had plenty shots on goal, which we haven't seen enough of since the November international break.

Hayes, Kennedy, Hedges and Wright all had fine games as did Hoban and Taylor. Ojo did alright but still had a disaster when playing Watt in. Ultimately he is hugely frustrating for me as there should be a player there but he is too prone to error.

Liam Kelly was clearly man of the match today, an outstanding display and what an upgrade on Archer, Chapman and maybe even Carson. The sort of display that will rightly fire him into contention for the Scotland squad ahead of Jon McLaughlin.

Motherwell should be fine with their squad but something just not feeling right there. They are in a genuine relegation battle which is some turnaround from last season and in particular their form throughout 2019 (2020 being a horror show).

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Reading a few comments on social media and a few having a dig at Cosgrove. I'm not his biggest fan but I thought he had a decent game and looking at a few comments on here so did a few others. 

I do laugh at some of our support which after a really good performance still find a negative on certain players - Social media I suppose: half glass full.

I think people have made their minds up about him and will see what they want to see. He did well enough today - pressed better than he has in the past, some decent movement to create pockets of space for runners, and he linked play fairly well. He should have scored at least once in the second half, and ultimately strikers will be judged most on whether they are scoring or not, but his all round performance was fine. 

I'm certainly not blind to Cosgrove's limitations, and he has been out of form recently, but I do actually like him as a player. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
18 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I think people have made their minds up about him and will see what they want to see. He did well enough today - pressed better than he has in the past, some decent movement to create pockets of space for runners, and he linked play fairly well. He should have scored at least once in the second half, and ultimately strikers will be judged most on whether they are scoring or not, but his all round performance was fine. 

I'm certainly not blind to Cosgrove's limitations, and he has been out of form recently, but I do actually like him as a player. 

Much better when he had Hedges and Wright helping him out instead of being 30 yards away firing hopeful balls at him at chest height.

Should have had a couple of goals but is obviously lacking confidence. Hopefully it'll come.

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Impressive display today and first thing to say is McInnes got his tactics spot on. We pressed Motherwell very high and never stopped all day. That meant they never got going all afternoon which was pleasant. We played some fine stuff and had plenty shots on goal, which we haven't seen enough of since the November international break.

Hayes, Kennedy, Hedges and Wright all had fine games as did Hoban and Taylor. Ojo did alright but still had a disaster when playing Watt in. Ultimately he is hugely frustrating for me as there should be a player there but he is too prone to error.

Liam Kelly was clearly man of the match today, an outstanding display and what an upgrade on Archer, Chapman and maybe even Carson. The sort of display that will rightly fire him into contention for the Scotland squad ahead of Jon McLaughlin.

Motherwell should be fine with their squad but something just not feeling right there. They are in a genuine relegation battle which is some turnaround from last season and in particular their form throughout 2019 (2020 being a horror show).

If the season hadn't been cut short last campaign Aberdeen would have finished third.

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

If the season hadn't been cut short last campaign Aberdeen would have finished third.

True, but did not have that major implications for us. It would this year with Europa league spot though. One reason we need to keep ahead of Hibs/Livi this year incase the season stops early.

Maybe Derek and Lennon are trying to end the season early and settle for our current positions?

Guest Bob Mahelp
52 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

True, but did not have that major implications for us. It would this year with Europa league spot though. One reason we need to keep ahead of Hibs/Livi this year incase the season stops early.

Very true, and it's vital that we need to keep on winning games over the next few weeks. I think we've got Livi twice and then away to Hibs, all squeezed into a narrow period. 

Hibs have got Rangers on Wednesday, and it's a stick-on they'll take something from that. Time for us to go on a wee run, just in case the worst does happen. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I’m definitely in the dumpling camp on Cosgrove. 
He was a bit better yesterday to be fair to him, and if he is making more effort (a big ask I know!) I would probably persevere with him over Main. 
Due to limitations, he almost has to score to be useful sometimes. Sadly a bit of a dry run but as Harper kept saying, at least he’s getting in the right positions and the goals will come. 

14 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

.Motherwell should be fine with their squad but something just not feeling right there. They are in a genuine relegation battle which is some turnaround from last season and in particular their form throughout 2019 (2020 being a horror show).

This is where I am. I think we have a decent enough squad to get out of it but we're just going through an awful spell. One win will change things for us. 

As for the game itself, no arguments over the result. I felt we competed well in the first half, and with a wee bit of luck (and a marking system at free kicks...) we could have gone in level. Watt's shot comes off the post and goes straight into Lewis' arms instead of Cole's feet two yards away and I feel we should have had a penalty with Ojo's handball. In saying that, Polworth was lucky to avoid red in the first half and after he finally did get sent packing, we lost all hope of getting back into it. 

I was fairly impressed with Aberdeen  considering the negativity from the their fans in the lead up to the game. Hedges is a player and if you can get Cosgrove firing again, 3rd place at least should be in the bag. 

Finally, quite enjoyed Dylan "obviously" McGeogh on commentary yesterday. He spoke well and had a good understanding of the game. 

8 hours ago, Desp said:

Finally, quite enjoyed Dylan "obviously" McGeogh on commentary yesterday. He spoke well and had a good understanding of the game. 

There wasn’t much to smile about for ‘well fans yesterday, but I did enjoy a chuckle at him describing someone as a “fresh of breath air”.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

20 hours ago, ropy said:

I’ve just read it, I think you are a tad over sensitive.

There's no over-sensitivity involved, I just thought the report (although, as I said, defensible on the grounds that much of it was literally true) gave an overall impression that was oddly out of synch with the pre-match condition of the two clubs and the performances I actually saw.  The possibility that the reporter was an Aberdeen fan hadn't entered my head, but if he was it sort of makes sense - both over anxious about our recent failings, and overcompensating for any bias in his generosity to Motherwell.

Edited by Game of throw-ins

23 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Was he not one of the  “McH*ness” mob?

I had no idea until I listened to the podcast Two Point One. 

He is for change of manager in the summer. I didn't agree with a lot of his points of view during half of the podcast I listened to. 

Edited by betting competition