Aberdeen v Motherwell

Ojo did well today, meaning McCrorie wasn’t a huge miss - and to be honest, he has been nowhere near the same force since his Covid.

Despite playing well, Funso still managed to sell the jerseys for that Watt chance - but did a lot of good today including a goal-saving block just before that.

17 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Absolutely bizarrely negative report (from Aberdeen's point of view)  by Andrew Southwick on the BBC site.  Reading this you could be excused for assuming that Aberdeen went into this as second favourites and, despite their lead, were the poorer side until the sending off.  Lucky not to concede a penalty allegedly, Motherwell looking to take advantage of our "fragile defence" would have been "good value for an equalizer" etc.  Plus plenty of stuff laid on with a trowel about our poor record against Motherwell, terrible recent form, and humiliation by Ross County.

I appreciate some of this is literally true but it was a very strangely unbalanced way to report a game we went into with exactly double Motherwell's points tally and dominated throughout, creating lots of chances and looking pretty solid at the back.

Never noticed Southwick's name before, who is this clown?

I’ve just read it, I think you are a tad over sensitive.

22 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Absolutely bizarrely negative report (from Aberdeen's point of view)  by Andrew Southwick on the BBC site.  Reading this you could be excused for assuming that Aberdeen went into this as second favourites and, despite their lead, were the poorer side until the sending off.  Lucky not to concede a penalty allegedly, Motherwell looking to take advantage of our "fragile defence" would have been "good value for an equalizer" etc.  Plus plenty of stuff laid on with a trowel about our poor record against Motherwell, terrible recent form, and humiliation by Ross County.

I appreciate some of this is literally true but it was a very strangely unbalanced way to report a game we went into with exactly double Motherwell's points tally and dominated throughout, creating lots of chances and looking pretty solid at the back.

He posts on AFC chat. Think his username was Panda.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Ojo did well today, meaning McCrorie wasn’t a huge miss - and to be honest, he has been nowhere near the same force since his Covid.

Despite playing well, Funso still managed to sell the jerseys for that Watt chance - but did a lot of good today including a goal- saving block just before that.

Hard to disagree with that. 

King of the Ojo's actually had one of his best games today. Only fucked up massively once, and didn't get red carded. 

Together with Ferguson in midfield, he strolled it.  He deservedly gets a lot of stick from Dons fans, but it was good to see him have a game where you could see his confidence grow. 

He's much better playing in the opposition half than he is sitting on the edge of his own box, so good on him...more performances like that please.

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Have I got that wrong?

No, sorry, I didn't mean it like that. 

'Panda' of course has some kind of mystical status on The Hat, and I thought you were just having a laugh.

Is it actually him ?

46 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Southwick is an Aberdeen fan, used to go to all the away games. He has done a lot of reports in the past for bbc. 

Today for me was a great performance from the dons. Wright and Hedges just click together, Kennedy was excellent so was most players including Cosgrove, Taylor etc

Edited by betting competition

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

'Panda' of course has some kind of mystical status on The Hat, and I thought you were just having a laugh.

Is it actually him ?

I'm certain it is. Just second guessed myself when you laughed. He was definitely a poster on there if not him.

I just had a look at the report and think it's fine? 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is it actually him ?

Mmm, whilst you have the right guy, don't think he has any kind of status on that car crash of a site

He was unless I am very much mistaken one of the guys that regularly organised the Ultras displays of the the early years of this century. 

Just watched the highlights on Sportscene:

1. Liam Kelly is a big find for M'well
2. Hedges is just a lovely player.
3. That M'well 2nd kit - in contrast to their 1st kit - is utterly honking.  It's like the sort of thing Yer Da would wear for a weekend in Blackpool.

Reading a few comments on social media and a few having a dig at Cosgrove. I'm not his biggest fan but I thought he had a decent game and looking at a few comments on here so did a few others. 

I do laugh at some of our support which after a really good performance still find a negative on certain players - Social media I suppose: half glass full.