Aberdeen v Motherwell

3 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

For once, I thought we actually showed a bit of fight when we went behind but as soon as Polworth got sent off we’ve just absolutely folded. 

Kelly the only thing standing between this being 4 or 5 today. It’d probably be double figures if Chapman was still in goals. 

To be honest. without Kelly that could have been another seven out there today😉

At this rate if we don’t get relegated we will be playing Hearts in the play offs.

We sure did not help ourselves today and Polworth should be fined if it was abusive language. 

Starting with Seedorf effectively is throwing a white towel on the pitch.  could have done with a fit Lawless and OHara. Would have made a big difference. 

Wednesday is massive. Must not lose territory 

Edited by welldaft

Really happy with that.

If we played that type of football every week then I'd be very happy. Even when it's direct it's mostly in to feet or chest. I never want to see Main and Cosgrove on the park at the same time unless we're desperately chasing a late goal.

Kelly stopped that becoming a cricket score but Motherwell were very dangerous on the break before the red and had a couple of half chances there.

I actually think - as fucking needless and annoying as it was - the Red Card didn't massively change the way the game was going. I thought Aberdeen were well on top and easily outmuscling us all over the place before the red. If you look at the win earlier in the season, Campbell totally bossed midfield but today Ferguson did the same thing no bother and that was seen all over the place. 

Apart from Kelly's performance, the only positive to take from that is the fact that some players probably signed their P45's today given that window is still open.

Pros and cons that GA was able to put more players on and see them, maybe playing with 10 men wasn’t a fair judge but no fringe player came on and made a mark.  Saving Watt for the Ross County match was probably wise.

Much improved performance from the last few, although we rode our luck a couple of times at 1-0. Hedges made a huge difference from last week and Kennedy had his best game in ages. Ojo was better than expected - did reasonably well apart from his pass to almost set up an equaliser for Watt. Hoban also looked back to his best after maybe a slight dip in form over the last few weeks. I've seen criticism for him, but I thought Cosgrove led the line pretty well and pressed better than he has in the past - but he should have buried at least one of his two great chances in the second half. 

Edited by DrewDon

With Wright and Hedges we are so much better playing through the middle. We need a spell of them playing together. We get more from the wings as well as its less predictable to defend. Even if we lose him for free we should get Wright to play out his contract, as otherwise we struggle going forward.

11 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I actually thought Motherwell played reasonably well between going 1-0 down and half-time, but they understandably lost their way after the red card. 

Agree with this, they've been good in all three games against us this season.  Until the red I thought there was definitely a goal in the game for them.  

Good performance from the Dons though.  

We're really good upto 18 yards. Still concerned about our ability to score from open play. Having said that, if it weren't for Kelly then we may have done so.

Ref was awful.

We desperately need a new striker or Cosgrove/Main to find some form. Alternatively, play McLennan up front. He started his career there and somehow had found himself playing RWB in some games.

Absolutely bizarrely negative report (from Aberdeen's point of view)  by Andrew Southwick on the BBC site.  Reading this you could be excused for assuming that Aberdeen went into this as second favourites and, despite their lead, were the poorer side until the sending off.  Lucky not to concede a penalty allegedly, Motherwell looking to take advantage of our "fragile defence" would have been "good value for an equalizer" etc.  Plus plenty of stuff laid on with a trowel about our poor record against Motherwell, terrible recent form, and humiliation by Ross County.

I appreciate some of this is literally true but it was a very strangely unbalanced way to report a game we went into with exactly double Motherwell's points tally and dominated throughout, creating lots of chances and looking pretty solid at the back.

Never noticed Southwick's name before, who is this clown?

3 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Absolutely bizarrely negative report (from Aberdeen's point of view)  by Andrew Southwick on the BBC site.  Reading this you could be excused for assuming that Aberdeen went into this as second favourites and, despite their lead, were the poorer side until the sending off.  Lucky not to concede a penalty allegedly, Motherwell looking to take advantage of our "fragile defence" would have been "good value for an equalizer" etc.  Plus plenty of stuff laid on with a trowel about our poor record against Motherwell, terrible recent form, and humiliation by Ross County.

I appreciate some of this is literally true but it was a very strangely unbalanced way to report a game we went into with exactly double Motherwell's points tally and dominated throughout, creating lots of chances and looking pretty solid at the back.

Never noticed Southwick's name before, who is this clown?

Who cares?