Championship Sunday

lichtie23

Two very closely matched games. When it gets this deep in the playoffs the coaching and quarterback tandems really come into their own. Andy Reid's ballsy call on 4th down to ice the game being an example of what it can take to win and progress in the playoffs. 

Even an 80% Mahomes for me is still clutch and I think this may be the week that the Bills fail to get the job done. No doubt Allen and McDermott are progressing fast but a trip to Arrow head may just be beyond them. I wonder if the Bills have enough in the running game to keep the Chiefs on their toes. Singletary and Allen might not be enough. 

I don't think you keep up with the Chiefs in a passing shootout. 

The Packers Bucs game for me will come down to which Oline can give their QB the time to go through his progressions, the Packers were elite at that last week and for me the Bucs still have big questions over their play calling. Arians / Leftwich still leave question marks for me, perhaps it is possible to have too many weapons. 

Lafleur definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves for his record so far. Innovative playcalls and schemes and getting the best out of an elite QB. It'll definitely take one of MVS, Tonyan or Lazard to step up when needed. Jones and Adams can't do it all. 

Definitely the "right" 4 teams left, possibly only the Saints feeling aggrieved at watching from home. 

Hope everyone enjoys both games. 👍

Decided to make home working work for me tomorrow and stay up tonight (Chiefs going 35-0 up notwithstanding). Was too young to stay up for the big games in the early 90s and don't want to wait another 27 years for an AFC title game as I'll be too old to stay up by that point 😂

Don't think Mahomes' toe will be an issue, he'll be (legally) dosed up to the gills on painkillers. Need an offensive performance like vs the Colts and a defensive one like vs the Ravens. 

Looking forward to tonight. Last year's NFC Championship game was over before we got started so hopefully we can use home advantage this year and see off the Buccs. 

A Packers and Bills double win would be very enjoyable, although if the Packers lose then I'll probably be in too much of a sulk to watch the second game. 

6 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Read the other day there will be 22,000 fans at the Superbowl.  Well 7500 local vaccinated health care workers not sure how the rest will be decided.. 

That's a pretty decent gesture.  

Buzzing for tonight but I suspect beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead might be a wee bit too much to ask.  

Bucs are 8-4 when Brady goes deep 5+ times per game, 5-1 when he does not.

Backs up what I've been moaning about when we go cavalier.

Staying in this game is important as it allows us to play to TB12's strengths. Run often on 1st down, complete short to mid range passes to keep the chains moving, and we have every chance here.

Hoping for a Bills v Bucs SB. Bills, because as a Broncos fan likely to be facing Mahomes in the AFC West for the next fifteen years, I do not want them to become a new Patriots-esque dynasty. Bucs, because while I have nothing against Green Bay, something about their fans annoys me. All this ‘titletown’ and ‘we own the team’ pish.

Bills to then win the Super Bowl, and their fans can all do their Neil Lennon impersonations - just one look at a table is enough to make them go mental.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Hoping for a Bills v Bucs SB. Bills, because as a Broncos fan likely to be facing Mahomes in the AFC West for the next fifteen years, I do not want them to become a new Patriots-esque dynasty. Bucs, because while I have nothing against Green Bay, something about their fans annoys me. All this ‘titletown’ and ‘we own the team’ pish.

Bills to then win the Super Bowl, and their fans can all do their Neil Lennon impersonations - just one look at a table is enough to make them go mental.

Me too. As gutting as it would be to make the SB and then lose it in Tampa, at least it would be to a team who have never won a SB, and will still be hurting from losing 4 in a row!