Championship Sunday

lichtie23

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ffs, we're arguing about what a team would do if it was down 17, 16 or even 15 points with 4 minutes to go. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, but I'm sure the team in any of those situations is still desperate enough to attempt an onside kick.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have gone for an onside kick. I was just annoyed at the commentators suggesting that the same outcome of that onside kick would have happened if they went for one point or two, which it clearly wouldn’t have.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have gone for an onside kick. I was just annoyed at the commentators suggesting that the same outcome of that onside kick would have happened if they went for one point or two, which it clearly wouldn’t have.

Life must be very annoying if you’re thinking like this all the time.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It annoys me that commentators, not just in the NFL, but in general think that if something that happened in the past was different then the same outcome would still be reached. It’s just complete nonsense.

I'm sure you realise this is a different situation to the likes of a football team trailing 1-0, having a goal disallowed, then later equalising and the commentators saying "if only that earlier goal had counted they would have won" but are just being stubborn.

6 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

At this rate we’re aswell saying well if Tyler Bass’ maw hadn’t met her da then the onside kick wouldn’t have happened.

"If Christopher Columbus hadn't sailed to America and paved the way for millions of colonisers to arrive over the next couple of centuries"...

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Well we don't know what would've happened because they went for two and failed. It could have been successful, it may have failed. We won't ever know, and I doubt it would have impacted the result anyway.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well we don't know what would've happened because they went for two and failed. It could have been successful, it may have failed. We won't ever know, and I doubt it would have impacted the result anyway.

And that was my point. The commentators were going on as if they went for one the same thing would have happened. Which it wouldn’t have.

Edited by PB1994

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

And that was my point. The commentators were going on as if they went for one the same thing would have happened. Which it wouldn’t have.

No, they just said it would have been a better idea had they just went for the extra point. Think it just extended their confusion as to why Buffalo for the 2PC in the first place.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

No, they just said it would have been a better idea had they just went for the extra point. Think it just extended their confusion as to why Buffalo for the 2PC.

I’m pretty sure Tony Romo was going on about how if they had went for the extra point then they would have been in a great field position off of that onside kick?

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

NFL network were really sceptical earlier on how effective he will be if he needs to stay in the pocket.

You're right that a Mahomes in the pocket is better than Henne in the pocket, but he's playing the #2 Bills. It will be interesting for sure.

I think he was fine, haha

If they kick the XP, they would have went for the onside kick

If they converted for 2, they would have went for the onside kick.

If the onside kick had failed after either of those scenarios people wouldn’t have been saying aw I wish he had failed going for 2 cause then we might have recovered the onside kick.

14 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm sure you realise this is a different situation to the likes of a football team trailing 1-0, having a goal disallowed, then later equalising and the commentators saying "if only that earlier goal had counted they would have won" but are just being stubborn.

Is that not what the commentator said though? He was suggesting if they went and kicked a point then that onside kick would have happened exactly like it did?

If I’ve taken that totally differently then I shall quite happily admit I’ve made a total arse of myself over the last few pages!