Championship Sunday

lichtie23

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
It’s Brady vs Rodgers on the frozen tundra of historic Lambeau Field. The Buccs destroyed the Packers 38-10 in week 6 this season, can they do it again and book their place in the Super Bowl or will MVP elect Aaron Rodgers take his Green Bay team one game further than he did last season? IMG_5912.jpg

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP
Will Mahomes pass the concussion tests and be under centre for the defending champs when Josh Allen and the Bills come into Arrowhead? Last years MVP was knocked out of the Chiefs win over Cleveland and replaced by 13 year backup Chad Henne. The Bills are looking to make it back to the big game for the first time since 1994. These 2 teams have already met this season with Kansas City winning the week 6 matchup 26-17
IMG_5911.jpg

Guest bernardblack
Bit of a shame the AFC Championship is the late game, that's the one I really wanted to watch.

Agreed, although both will be great watches.

Coffee will be my friend on Monday

Bills v's Green Bay/Tampa I'll be shouting for the Bills

KC v's GB I don't care who wins, so this is my least preferred option in terms of interest

KC v's Tampa I'll be behind KC all the way, even though they're another AFC West team. 

Basically, any team featuring Brady and Gronk could play the Nazi Party, Al-Qaeda, or the DPRK Allstars in the Superbowl, and I'd still hope they lost.

I hate repeat winners (unless they're my glorious Patriots, they should win always). I don't dislike this Chiefs team, but I don't want them winning.

As a Pats fan I should be rooting for the Bills to fall again I feel, but I can't help but like their effort this season, and they're the underdogs next week.

Not very interested in Green Bay but the storyline of pissed Aaron Rodgers is fun I guess. At least the guys at RedLetterMedia would be happy.

Tampa is the only team I've seen in-person in their home stadium, I have their merch, and they have my favourite QB and TE now. I guess I'm rooting for them now.

Bills vs Buccaneers Super Bowl would be fun imo. Brady to stick it to the Bills one last time.

Caught 5 mins of Good Morning Football earlier, where they made the point that we're in the position where 1 of 4 things that would have been considered pretty unlikely not that long ago now MUST happen.

Rodgers finally wins a 2nd Superbowl, Brady wins one with a team other than the Pats, KC go back to back or the Bills actually manage to win the big one.

When you think about it like that, I think we'd all agree the season should just end now and the Superbowl be cancelled...

Nah, I like the Bills, they seem a proper fanbase and have had to put up with two decades of bloody Patriots division wins. Plus, I don't particularly dislike KC. I don't generally like back to back champions but the question of whether they could be the first team to win three straight Super Bowls would add an extra interesting narrative for next year.

It the NFC champions are more than a score ahead in the 4th quarter, I'm all for cancelling the Super Bowl then.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Mahomes will definitely play on Sunday, that much I'm sure of. 

In the week 6 game the Bills sat deep and let the Chiefs run all over them rather than risk getting burned by Hill, Edwards - Hilaire ran for over 200 yards. Wonder if they'll be more inclined to go shootout mode this time around, which would be bold. 

The run defense is a lot better now but the one position they've not been able to defend all season until Saturday is TE, when they shut down Andrews. Kelce is better than Andrews though. 

Bills winning then having to play Brady again in the super bowl would be some Final Boss effort. 

I really don't get the Packers hate on here. The Ravens/Titans/Pats/Brady group is the true NFL Axis of Evil for me.

I would add the Seahawks to that, but it's really only their complete arsehole of a HC I hate. The team themselves are still partially cuddly from the years they spent as AFC West doormats that even the dross Chargers teams used to trounce twice per season.

I really don't get the Packers hate on here. The Ravens/Titans/Pats/Brady group is the true NFL Axis of Evil for me.
I would add the Seahawks to that, but it's really only their complete arsehole of a HC I hate. The team themselves are still partially cuddly from the years they spent as AFC West doormats that even the dross Chargers teams used to trounce twice per season.

What have the Titans done to get on that list?

I hate the Packers cause of Aaron Rodgers, his stat padding, his stupid tache and the media’s adoration of him. I must’ve heard Joe Buck say “he’s the best in the league at getting guys to jump offside” a million times.

16 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

What have the Titans done to get on that list?

It's residual from a short-lived Chargers/Titans spat caused by Vince Young being a complete idiot, running straight into Shawne Merriman without looking where he was going, and nearly getting himself killed. Certain Titans players (the usual scumbags with a reputation for shithousery) , namely Kevin Mawae and Cortland Finnegan, set about deliberately attempting to hurt Chargers players in retaliation. They blew out Merriman's knee with a cheapshot, an injury he never really recovered from, and injured Antonio Gates in a pile-on to the extent that he was hindered for the best part of two full seasons with Plantar problems afterwards, and was never truly the same player after the surgery to resolve it. 

All that, plus the fact they're just a totally anonymous franchise that most fans forget exist until they pop up on the schedule.