Full back (right & left)

Craigieboy86

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Amazing how (relatively) quickly things can change.

Ramsay (18) is off to Liverpool, Patterson (20) is at Everton, Hickey (20) looks set for Arsenal and Celtic's Ralston (23) did a good job when given the chance.

All of a sudden SoD is probably 5th choice right (wing)back.

48 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Amazing how (relatively) quickly things can change.

Ramsay (18) is off to Liverpool, Patterson (20) is at Everton, Hickey (20) looks set for Arsenal and Celtic's Ralston (23) did a good job when given the chance.

All of a sudden SoD is probably 5th choice right (wing)back.

I just hope Ramsay and Patterson will be playing at club level next season and not stuck in the U23’s 

On 18/01/2021 at 00:29, Craigieboy86 said:

Scotland need blood bright younger player with back up full back with O'Donnell and Robertson

We have Hickey is 19 and Patterson is 20 and Ralston is 22,what else are you expecting?

Doig will come into the reckon at 19 at one time and Ramsay at 18 if Doig joins Bolonga and possibly Liverpool loan Ramsay hopefully to Bolonga as well

17 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I just hope Ramsay and Patterson will be playing at club level next season and not stuck in the U23’s 

Coleman hanging on at everton will keep Patterson out the team. He needs to grab his chance if he gets injured, which there's a good chance of going on the last 4/5 years. 

If Ramsay can get himself to a Tsimikas level, i.e. the second choice then he would be getting 10-20 games a season in the first team. Atm Liverpool will stick Gomez or even Milner right back if Trent isn't fit.

Edited by PrestersKTID

I'd say Patterson's chances of breaking in are pretty high, especially if Lampard sticks with a back five (knowing him, it'll change weekly). Apparently his injury came just before he was about to make his league debut so hopefully he'd started to win Lampard round by that point.

Ramsay might take a wee bit more time to get called up than Patterson did, but I think there's some merit in playing u21 football* when you're just breaking through at a big club. If Ralston's still playing football then I'd be happy enough with him as a backup.

* I'm assuming we do have more u21 games this year?

Would be surprised if Patterson didn’t start a good number of games this season.

As for Ramsay, he’s a good bit away from playing in the premier league but he has huge potential. I’d imagine he’ll spend a while playing with their 23s and playing the odd cup game while they mould him into the player they want him to be. Not necessarily a bad thing though, he’s only 18 and Liverpool wouldn’t have been so persistent and spent the money they did if they didn’t have serious hopes that he’d feature in the first team at some stage.

3 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Would be surprised if Patterson didn’t start a good number of games this season.

As for Ramsay, he’s a good bit away from playing in the premier league but he has huge potential. I’d imagine he’ll spend a while playing with their 23s and playing the odd cup game while they mould him into the player they want him to be. Not necessarily a bad thing though, he’s only 18 and Liverpool wouldn’t have been so persistent and spent the money they did if they didn’t have serious hopes that he’d feature in the first team at some stage.

Would be surprised to see him play near the first team before he's 21. Will take a few years to get him to the quality he needs to be at. 1 good season in the championship would be great for him.

He's going to be one of only two natural right-backs in the squad and the suggestion is that their transfer business is basically done for now. Given that they play about 60 games in a season it seems likely he'll get some games.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He's going to be one of only two natural right-backs in the squad and the suggestion is that their transfer business is basically done for now. Given that they play about 60 games in a season it seems likely he'll get some games.

He'll still have to impress in pre-season. 

Neco Williams was a natural right-back, but they preferred to send him out on loan and use Gomez/Milner/etc as backup instead.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

He'll still have to impress in pre-season. 

Neco Williams was a natural right-back, but they preferred to send him out on loan and use Gomez/Milner/etc as backup instead.

Liverpool have indicated Neco Williams is free to leave.

3 hours ago, red23 said:

Would be surprised to see him play near the first team before he's 21. Will take a few years to get him to the quality he needs to be at. 1 good season in the championship would be great for him.

Prepare to be surprised, current indications he is being brought in as second choice.

Gomez might end up being sold but he is mostly a back up centre back.

Not a good sign if Milner is starting ahead of him.

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Liverpool have indicated Neco Williams is free to leave.

Prepare to be surprised, current indications he is being brought in as second choice.

Gomez might end up being sold but he is mostly a back up centre back.

Not a good sign if Milner is starting ahead of him.

Missing the point - they had Williams last season - but decided to send him on loan rather than use him as TAA backup.

They may well do the same with Ramsay - he'll have to impress in pre-season to stay with the first team squad for the start of the season.

I trust Liverpool's scouting system. They have gotten a lot right lately.

Some clubs down south hoover up as much talent as they can as a numbers game and then a lot of these prospects just disappear.  Liverpool may do this as well but not to the same extent and although 6.5m is not a lot for them but it is still a huge fee if they only seem him as an under 23 team player so they must see something. They also are good at developing their top prospects like Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot and Arnold.

Another season at Aberdeen wouldn't have done him any harm either but he and Aberdeen had to grab this chance when it came along.