Teaching myself chess and need help

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Old man confused by what an app is, and thinks it’s a physical item to throw in the bin.

Please stop, this is painful.

Image result for bigfoot gif

Yeah, I don't know what an app is. Give up on this, and the chess, it's for the best.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

Teaching yourself chess is easy. Figure out how each piece moves. Work on putting one piece on the board and highlight every one of the squares where it can go. Realize every single extraordinary maneuver, including castling, advancement, en passant. So you can get help online through different online platform, apps, website, even you can watch the YouTube videos and various types of tutorial matches. Cause, I also love chess and mostly I learned from my self, as its technical game , so I faced the major part chess rules for pawns reaching the other side, but I tried again and again, now its fine for me.

Edited by jennifeer

49 minutes ago, jennifeer said:

Teaching yourself chess is easy. Figure out how each piece moves. Work on putting one piece on the board and highlight every one of the squares where it can go. Realize every single extraordinary maneuver, including castling, advancement, en passant. So you can get help online through different online platform, apps, website, even you can watch the YouTube videos and various types of tutorial matches. Cause, I also love chess and mostly I learned from my self, as its technical game , so I faced the major part chess rules for pawns reaching the other side, but I tried again and again, now its fine for me.

I remember a book on basic chess strategy , eg  queenside pawn majorities , minority pawn attacks , etc helped me.

My System by Nimzowitch is also good

On 26/01/2021 at 20:57, Cowshed Chris said:
On 26/01/2021 at 20:53, Stellaboz said:
Is that the queen loving douche?

The very one. I had him on toast on Sunday night and managed to let him off with a stalemate. 3 or 4 defeats since then finally victory. Chuffed.

Persevre , sorry wrong sport