Arbroath FC v Dundee FC ( Friday 22/01/21 @ 7.45pm )

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thank f**k we aren't on TV come Tuesday. Fed up of our humiliations being there for all to see.

May aswell shut the gates now then. You tried, but I think we can agree the Dundee fc project has been doomed to fail for half a century. Moving on is better for everyone concerned at this stage. 

Arbroath played well and are getting their mojo back.

Ricky Little's header was very well taken - keeper had no chance.

Williamson is a very good addition to the squad - he looks like he has a bright future.

Arbroath still need a striker - if Dick can source a striker this month then wins and goals will follow.

1-1 was a fair result for both teams.

On 20/01/2021 at 09:12, Denapark1893 said:

OK.... reality check...  and apologies to Arbroath fans but Arbroath do not belong in the Championship (if you are honest you will agree)

I have a soft spot for Arbroath (first ever away game in the 70's).... BUT you are getting hosed here.

Nice to be on the telly though eh?

This post hasnt aged too well ,Dundee were shit,Simple  as that.😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😛

Edited by Douglas Peel
Spelling

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Didn't catch the game but it sounds like Ben Williamson had a good game?

A player who's always looked pretty decent for the Rangers youths, but doesn't have much hype about him for some reason.

He played well,.

He totally deserved the BBC Scotland "Best Player Associated with Rangers of the Match Award".

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Or maybe he deserved the man of the match award because he was the best player in the park?

As I said, he played well. However, Gaston, for instance, hardly put a foot wrong. and kept us in the game on a couple of occasions. Ricky played well too, and scored a decent goal. TOB rescued us at the end when he wasn't the favourite to win the ball etc, etc.

Maybe it's just my complete total and utter bias against the Old Firm. I hope that Ben wins me over in the next few games.

14 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

As I said, he played well. However, Gaston, for instance, hardly put a foot wrong. and kept us in the game on a couple of occasions. Ricky played well too, and scored a decent goal. TOB rescued us at the end when he wasn't the favourite to win the ball etc, etc.

Maybe it's just my complete total and utter bias against the Old Firm. I hope that Ben wins me over in the next few games.

I'd have given the award to Jordan Marshall, but that's because I'm a Dundee fan. Ben Williamson was next on the list. Wouldn't have had Little or O'Brien or Gaston near it tbh. Gaston made one save of note, TOB gave away a stonewall penalty and I can't say Little stood out other than his goal.

Didn't catch the game but it sounds like Ben Williamson had a good game?
A player who's always looked pretty decent for the Rangers youths, but doesn't have much hype about him for some reason.

Played well as did in his first game fir us. No way was he really player if the match, but has potential.

I'd have given the award to Jordan Marshall, but that's because I'm a Dundee fan. Ben Williamson was next on the list. Wouldn't have had Little or O'Brien or Gaston near it tbh. Gaston made one save of note, TOB gave away a stonewall penalty and I can't say Little stood out other than his goal.

Ricky took his goal well but struggled against the height of Sow. Definitely wasn’t the best player in maroon yesterday

22 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Any fears about this game can be relinquished after hearing we'll be coming up against Ruth, Bobby and Ricky.

Not exactly names that strike fear into the hearts of opponents.

Sounds more like the line up for the punditry duty of the game.

Is it any wonder Arbroath are rock bottom having Ruth, Bobby and Ricky as their must starts? 

Thank you.

Just a  wee reminder "Ricky" was the player that scored the bullet header,whilst unmarked by the Dundee defence,giving the keeper no chance.

Before the match I was hoping that Dundee wouldn't get an early goal and when they got the penalty I was worried that we wouldn't take anything from the game. Needn't have worried . Although Dundee were the better side for the rest of the first half they couldn't get another goal.

How many times did it happen last season that we were second best in the first half of games but were the better side in the second half? And that was the case again last night. A good delivery from Bob Linn and a great header from Ricky Little for the equaliser. The ref didn't do us any favours but overall I guess a draw was a fair result. Would've liked to have taken all 3 points though.

Didn't think Dundee looked like a potential Premier league outfit, but then neither did Hearts when they came to Gayfield, which doesn't say much for the current state of Scottish football.