Arbroath FC v Dundee FC ( Friday 22/01/21 @ 7.45pm )

15 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

WHY are Dundee FC fans always having a pop or having a slagging about Arbroath FC, from nearly the first post on here the vast majority of Dee fans have made a sly comment about us and if a Red Lichtie fan tries to dish some back you folk go in meltdown?

I find this strange as through the 1970's onwards i always thought both clubs had a close relationship?

Anyway 2-1 the Red Lichties, Smokies & Wine, 36-0.

You don’t spend much time on our threads I see. This is us being nice cunto. 

OK.... reality check...  and apologies to Arbroath fans but Arbroath do not belong in the Championship (if you are honest you will agree)

I have a soft spot for Arbroath (first ever away game in the 70's).... BUT you are getting hosed here.

Nice to be on the telly though eh?

OK.... reality check...  and apologies to Arbroath fans but Arbroath do not belong in the Championship (if you are honest you will agree)
I have a soft spot for Arbroath (first ever away game in the 70's).... BUT you are getting hosed here.
What a stupid thing to say Arbroath are in the championship because they deserve to be in it...just like Dundee.

31 minutes ago, keptie said:
4 hours ago, Denapark1893 said:

What a stupid thing to say Arbroath are in the championship because they deserve to be in it...just like Dundee.

I simply mean they are punching above their weight and in all honesty will struggle to do so beyond this season.

Nothing stupid about it ..stating facts is all.... no malice intended

And I still think we will tear you a new one on Friday (weather permitting)

Arbroath have been underachieving for years mainly due to poor management but the new chairman & board have done a fantastic job on and off the pitch in the last 5 years and being a good league 1/lower championship club is absolutely where we should be. Would u say dundee “do not belong in the championship”?

Really looking forward to this. In the grand scheme of things, the other Dee's have been bloody tame. Any of the red laddies think we are being harsh, look at the match thread next time we play those Morton tramps.

Edited by Crawford

58 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Arbroath have been underachieving for years mainly due to poor management but the new chairman & board have done a fantastic job on and off the pitch in the last 5 years and being a good league 1/lower championship club is absolutely where we should be. Would u say dundee “do not belong in the championship”?

Tell me about it.

9 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Yous still bamming off about scudding that cricket team 136 years ago aye?

What the f**k is this, you c**t?

Don't make me start posting the multiple pictures of you at Gayfield supporting Arbroath and celebrating our goals, please.

15 hours ago, keptie said:
19 hours ago, Denapark1893 said:

Aye, but you are over-achieving to be there whilst we are under-achieving.  

Am i reading this correctly, you are saying if Ricky Little is fit you are dropping Jason Thomson at right-back for Scott Stewart?
Although Stewart has done well i would not be changing our normal back 4 if everybody is fit.
Also i would be sticking to the 4-4-2 as our form has been better since changing (well for most of the games) to this formation, would start with Bobby and Rut as my front 2, need to keep all the players on their toes and although i thought Doolan and Hilson done okay against the Queens on Saturday both Bobby and Ruth caused problems when they came on so they both deserve a chance.

Yes JT has been the poorest out the back 4 Stewart deserves regular game time and he’s more than capable filling in at right back.

451 can easily change with Bobby moving more centrally to support striker or one of the midfield pushing on to a more advanced role

On 19/01/2021 at 16:47, Vernon gilmore said:

Think it has summit to do with Dundee being really friendly with you guys great relationship   , then your board voted to give Dundee the 25 point penalty, that really pissed off a lot of Dees 

Alan Ripley, the Arbroath treasurer, was on the committee that voted to give Dundee the 25pt penalty, that was later ratified by the clubs. However, Arbroath chairman, John Christison, denied that Arbroath voted against Dundee at that point. Hence, why Gayfield still gets my dosh and not the boycott. Dunfermline abstained and Montrose, Stirling and Livi voted in our favour. The rest are b*****ds!

1 hour ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Yes JT has been the poorest out the back 4 Stewart deserves regular game time and he’s more than capable filling in at right back.

451 can easily change with Bobby moving more centrally to support striker or one of the midfield pushing on to a more advanced role

Wouldnt be leaving Thomson out, Stewart would start in midfield if it was me, mainly based on how he did last week when he came on. Ruth and Hilson up front