Yes Cymru

Erih Shtrep

16 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Scotland has fishing, whisky and oil. What does Wales have? Much of the terrain is mountainous and unsuited to agriculture. What does Wales produce? How would it be economically viable?

😂

Poor Wales. 

Good to see they've not went down the nationalist route like the Scottish tbf, perhaps a lesson to be learned somewhere. 

[emoji23]
Poor Wales. 
Good to see they've not went down the nationalist route like the Scottish tbf, perhaps a lesson to be learned somewhere. 

They’re poor as shit. It’s definitely the wrong lesson whatever it is. They can’t even get electrified rail between their two largest population centres without Westminster telling them to piss off while they install PS5s in every carriage on the tube.

Ofc this will all change when they break free and join the Celtic Union and accept our gracious gift of a bipedal walking nuclear tank.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

They’re poor as shit. It’s definitely the wrong lesson whatever it is. They can’t even get electrified rail between their two largest population centres without Westminster telling them to piss off while they install PS5s in every carriage on the tube.

Ofc this will all change when they break free and join the Celtic Union and accept our gracious gift of a bipedal walking nuclear tank.

My sister once bought me "Xenephobes guide to Wales" in my teenage years so I should probably step out the door in all honesty. 

17 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Scotland has fishing, whisky and oil. What does Wales have? Much of the terrain is mountainous and unsuited to agriculture. What does Wales produce? How would it be economically viable?

How is it feasible as part of the UK?  Its incredibly insulting to say to a country its not feasible you could run your own country. That's what the unionists have spent years telling us.

Thatcher wrote off large sections of Wales, did not seek to diversify to replace the pits just closed them and devastated entire communities. Now parts of the Welsh valleys are among the most deprived placs in Europe. Her argument was there's jobs in Bristol, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester etc as well as Cardiff and Swansea. No Welsh government would ever have done that, nobody writes off large parts of their own country.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

I suppose it's worth underlining that these are high profile things that are the first things people tend to think about when they think of the Scottish economy, but Scotland's economy doesn't really depend on them (O&G is different and not included in charts below):

image.thumb.png.8a79e1ff1ddf538e725175f093af61b3.png

If people knew how rich and diverse Scotland's economy is even with a foot on its neck the last 300 years we'd be independent tomorrow.  

31 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

How is it feasible as part of the UK?  Its incredibly insulting to say to a country its not feasible you could run your own country. That's what the unionists have spent years telling us.

Thatcher wrote off large sections of Wales, did not seek to diversify to replace the pits just closed them and devastated entire communities. Now parts of the Welsh valleys are among the most deprived placs in Europe. Her argument was there's jobs in Bristol, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester etc as well as Cardiff and Swansea. No Welsh government would ever have done that, nobody writes off large parts of their own country.

The Welsh Government are regularly accused of investing in nothing North of Brecon. I know several people in Mid & North Wales who absolutely despise them.

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Was in total agreement with this right up to the last phrase.

Thatcher did “write off” huge swathes of her own country, which included Wales and Scotland but also industrial Yorkshire, Merseyside, teeside etc. 

Never underestimate fanatics 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Was in total agreement with this right up to the last phrase.

Thatcher did “write off” huge swathes of her own country, which included Wales and Scotland but also industrial Yorkshire, Merseyside, teeside etc. 

Never underestimate fanatics 

Feel I have to point out Thatcher was not Welsh and didn't head a Welsh government. Fair point in a way but they haven't elected a right-wing fanatic in a long time, and even if they did it would be their fanatic and their choice so that's their business.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

I think the real stand-out from looking at the whole thing is that all the worry about tarriffs and hard borders and yaddayadda applies to quite a small proportion of the output of Scotland that makes/extracts physical things that need to be taken from A to B. That means support can be focused very effectively on sectors that would be impacted.

There's no doubt Brexit complicates the indy case, though some of the issues could be circumvented with increased infrastructure spending here so we could export directly from Scotland.

Its also true that now independence would almost certainly mean a hard border at Berwick. Personally it makes no difference to my thinking but we shouldn't go down the Brexiteer route of simply lying to people about technology finding a way round it blah blah blah.  

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Last polling from March shows only show 18% wanting Welsh independence.

The lowest for 3 years.

That's because, despite every Welshman telling you how much they hate England, they're all Unionist, Brexit voting cucks who love being told what to do by WM.

• 2 weeks later...