Livungstoppable vs Celtic - Wed 20th Jan 2021

Quick turn around again.

Wonder if we’ll have to break with our fixed side with an eye on the St Mirren semi? I’d accept a weakened side (e.g. Bartley rested) losing if it meant a place in final. Expect Celtic to reintroduce the players that played in the OF game in particular a striker. They are bound to beat as at the Mac at some point.

Edited by crispy

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Any danger of this game being off ?

Weather looking ok for Wednesday night although a little chilly at around -2 or thereabouts, Happy for the game to go ahead. Celtic not got the best record at the Tony Macaroni even with a full squad, 3 draws and 1 defeat. Still to get a win since we came back up. No doubt will be a tough game and hoping the self isolating players are a wee bot out of sorts for the game, Going for a Livi win here.

Another draw would see us undefeated in 10 games and keep momentum going into our semi final game, i'd be happy with that, wouldn't rule out us getting another win against them at the Spaghettihad though. 

Could start Forrest and rest Mullin, same with Robbo, Poplatnik, Tiffoney, or even Reilly could come in and do the running required up front to press Celtic players, Holt will be back for this game too though so Marv could be rested (seeing as he's getting on a bit), other than that i don't think we need to bother too much about rotating players, we've missed the Aberdeen games being played and aren't into a grueling run of  fixtures yet.

Would like to see a different type of lineup here,

Fitzwater, Reilly, Hamilton, Kabia, McMillan and ATS all in for me. Change it up - even our backups are strong too but surely we have an eye on the semi final here 

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, ATLIS said:
Would like to see a different type of lineup here,

Fitzwater, Reilly, Hamilton, Kabia, McMillan and ATS all in for me. Change it up - even our backups are strong too but surely we have an eye on the semi final here 

Serrano too

Carve them open!

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I’d love for this one to get called off. Give us prep time for the cup but Celtic would throw their toys out the pram if it was off 

Would they though? Their missing players will only have been back training for a day I think, if offered the chance to give them more time to get up to speed after their isolation and lads holiday they'd probably take it.

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Would they though? Their missing players will only have been back training for a day I think, if offered the chance to give them more time to get up to speed after their isolation and lads holiday they'd probably take it.

From the sounds of it they had stuff for training delivered to their houses to stay fit

On 17/01/2021 at 18:24, ATLIS said:

I’d love for this one to get called off. Give us prep time for the cup but Celtic would throw their toys out the pram if it was off 

Celtic still deluded !

But second place is up for grabs !

Edited by ewan14

3 hours ago, East Calder Lion said:

Based on the state of Lenny yesterday, I am pretty sure that a win for us tomorrow will finish him.

I expect him to turn up in full hazmat suit, camera in hand, filming all our covid protocols to dob us in if they aren't up to standard.