Livungstoppable vs Celtic - Wed 20th Jan 2021

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

As you said it protects against serious illness and reduces how transmissible it is but doesn't stop you getting Covid

I'd hedge my bets just now you will see no fans anywhere until after the summer. Good thing for Celtic that

Much as I'd like to disagree with you; I think you're spot on. If any fans are allowed back they'll be severely limited.

9 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Sorry but protecting against serious illness is not full immunity. You can still catch the virus; its just the symptoms don't appear to develop; or if they do its in a far milder form. 

I got vaccinated against Measles in the 60's and believe I am fully immune; I get the flu jab every year but can still get flu.

Pedantic; I know, but there you go. I am desperate to get back into see live football again; although maybe not the game on Wednesday with the blizzard etc. although the chance to laugh at Scott Brown might just have been worth it.

Full immunity is not a medical term, and there's a reason for that. The vaccine provides immunity, which is defined as "the ability of an organism to resist a particular infection or toxin by the action of specific antibodies or sensitized white blood cells."

If the vaccine reduces transmission in tandem, then that's great (and early indications are that it does). That means the virus will circulate less, so it'll mutate less, so we'll require less coronavirus vaccines in the future. But it's not necessary.

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

As you said it protects against serious illness and reduces how transmissible it is. 

It doesn't prevent you from getting Covid in the same way you can still get the flu with a flu jab

I'd hedge my bets just now you will see no fans anywhere until after the summer

I'm not anticipating full stadiums or anything, but I think there's a very reasonable chance of reduced crowds for the last few games of the season.

We'll wait and see though, things change very quickly.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I'm not anticipating full stadiums or anything, but I think there's a very reasonable chance of reduced crowds for the last few games of the season.

Look, naebodys coming to your party. 

I have to credit you with being a reasonable-minded Sellick fan.  This is a first on P&B.
BUT the hilarity (for me) isn't down to this season's collapse - amusing though it is.  Teams have bad seasons - I've been FollowFollowing since the mid 60s so I know - and your mob is having one of them.
The hilarity is down to the entire preamble to this season and that started with the "Brendan is here for 10IAR" blethers about three years ago.
So we're not (entirely) laughing at a season's collapse - amusing though it is.  We're laughing at years of hubris, hopes and dreams tossed away like a spent pouch of snus on a snowy pitch in Livingston.

This is only the beginning for that rancid club.

6 hours ago, Durnford said:

And are you implying that two Partick Thistle supporters are required for each vaccination - wow; that's tough.

Never mind vaccine supply; can the thistle supporters breed that quickly? 

Haha 

The Harry Rags? Or did I imagine that?

5 hours ago, G51 said:

Deluded.

Late summer 2020 the virus was almost non existent in Scotland for a while, a fact now admitted by the government. 
No fans allowed.

2021 the numbers are worse, the virus is now much more infectious and they have already said coming out of lockdown will be done  at a much slower rate. 

On 20/01/2021 at 23:35, LeodhasXD said:

Want to congratulate the Livi admin. That's some high quality content.

Livingston's '10 in a row' Celtic jibe smashes 3 MILLION barrier as trolling goes viral

:cheers    Livingston's '10 in a row' Celtic jibe smashes 3 MILLION barrier as trolling goes viral | Glasgow Times

10 hours ago, G51 said:

If Scotland continues on it's projected vaccination pace, I think there may well be fans in the stadium for the trophy presentation.

Would be very surprised if that was the case. Johnson said yesterday that the tough restrictions could be in place until May, and the easing of those restrictions will be in a ‘walking backwards’ manner. The vaccine will help the severity of the illness, not the infection rate unfortunately. I doubt having fans inside stadiums will be considered as any sort of priority at the time Rangers lift the trophy. I also don’t believe any fan will be able to attend the Euro 2020 matches in the summer, unless the infection rate falls off a cliff in the next couple of months.