Livungstoppable vs Celtic - Wed 20th Jan 2021

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Agreed, getting absolutely pumped at home off a Czech reserve team who's league was suspended for a month should have been the final straw. Its absolutely mental to think this was months ago and he’s still here.

My Celtic pal wanted him gone after Ferencvaros. He was never convinced a guy who got emptied by HIbs for chucking chairs at players and whose sole management trick is "throw the players under the bus, that'll get a reaction" was exactly what Celtic needed.

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Agreed, getting absolutely pumped at home off a Czech reserve team who's league was suspended for a month should have been the final straw. Its absolutely mental to think this was months ago and he’s still here.

For years they've accused us of having a sense of entitlement, yet we've went 9 years without winning any of the 3 main cups. While they've thrown a major strop because they're not going to win a 5th treble in a row.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

For years they've accused us of having a sense of entitlement, yet we've went 9 years without winning any of the 3 main cups. While they've thrown a major strop because they're not going to win a 5th treble in a row.

Such a simple of view of things...unsurprisingly.

This is more about the manner than the outcome. We are going down without a fight from the boardroom down to the players. As much as it pains me to say Dave Kings description for this season is very apt. We have truly folded like a deck of cards. A 30 point swing in 1 season beggars belief

Edited by Jinky67

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

This is more about the manner than the outcome. We are going down without a fight from the boardroom down to the players. As much as it pains me to say Dave Kings description for this season is very apt. We have truly folded like a deck of cards. A 30 point swing in 1 season beggars belief

I know he’s not the brightest but surely he isn’t missing the point that badly.

Getting pipped to the title is one thing, an absolute capitulation on the pitch and all sorts of shenanigans off it is another.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I know he’s not the brightest but surely he isn’t missing the point that badly.

Getting pipped to the title is one thing, an absolute capitulation on the pitch and all sorts of shenanigans off it is another.

Bang on

Loosing the title to Rangers no matter the number stings. Doing it in this manner is was beyond any scenario i could thought possible

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I read that today too. And for a one-man clusterfuck that I had zero time for it now seems strangely prescient.

Or maybe just his usual luck of if you say enough things eventually one or two of them might come true...

Or maybe also that the multimillionaire businessman from S Africa might be cleverer than me. It’s a tough call; I’m torn. 

22 hours ago, AJF said:

I always thought that people were putting on an act when laughing at us during our banter years to make things seem more comical than they actually were.

Now I realise that I was wrong. This is simply glorious.

Not quite liquidation levels of hilarity but I get your point.

6 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I have to credit you with being a reasonable-minded Sellick fan.  This is a first on P&B.

BUT the hilarity (for me) isn't down to this season's collapse - amusing though it is.  Teams have bad seasons - I've been FollowFollowing since the mid 60s so I know - and your mob is having one of them.

The hilarity is down to the entire preamble to this season and that started with the "Brendan is here for 10IAR" blethers about three years ago.

So we're not (entirely) laughing at a season's collapse - amusing though it is.  We're laughing at years of hubris, hopes and dreams tossed away like a spent pouch of snus on a snowy pitch in Livingston.

Edited by The_Kincardine

20 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Bang on

Loosing the title to Rangers no matter the number stings. Doing it in this manner is was beyond any scenario i could thought possible

This way is ideal for those of us who despise both bits of the OF. 

I really hated the helicopter Sunday pish and the idea that the whole country would be wrapped up in the excitement.

To be honest, I'd have thought this way might also "sting" a bit less for Celtic fans too.  You're getting a long time to get used to this.  There probably won't be crowds to greet the transfer of power and it's even possible (if unlikely) that it might all get called before it finishes properly.

I'd imagine that Rangers' interruption of the sequence could hardly be more anti-climactic.  Will that not be easier to stomach than them winning in a season that goes to the wire?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

36 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I really hated the helicopter Sunday pish and the idea that the whole country would be wrapped up in the excitement.

To be honest, I'd have thought this way might also "sting" a bit less for Celtic fans too.  You're getting a long time to get used to this.  There probably won't be crowds to greet the transfer of power and it's even possible (if unlikely) that it might all get called before it finishes properly.

I'd imagine that Rangers interruption of the sequence could hardly be more anti-climactic.  Will that not be easier to stomach than them winning in a season that goes to the wire?

I was actually thinking this the other day. I pretty much decided in November we weren’t going to win the league. Probably that and watching matches feeling like Im watching a bounce game has made me a lot less bothered than I thought I would be.

55 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd imagine that Rangers interruption of the sequence could hardly be more anti-climactic.  Will that not be easier to stomach than them winning in a season that goes to the wire?

Agree with this. I'm sure Rangers fans will furiously deny this but the absence of fans or any sort of meaningful competition makes it almost as much of a shrug of the shoulders moment as any of Celtic's previous 9, which is ideal.

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agree with this. I'm sure Rangers fans will furiously deny this but the absence of fans or any sort of meaningful competition makes it almost as much of a shrug of the shoulders moment as any of Celtic's previous 9, which is ideal.

Wholeheartedly agree fans not being there will take a bit of shine off it. It’s not quite the same. But with that being said, if you think that we will greet a title win this season, if it happens, with a shrug of the shoulders, then you’re sorely mistaken 😅

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Wholeheartedly agree fans not being there will take a bit of shine off it. It’s not quite the same. But with that being said, if you think that we will greet a title win this season, if it happens, with a shrug of the shoulders, then you’re sorely mistaken 😅

I care only about my own reaction, which will be a shrug of the shoulders.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I care only about my own reaction, which will be a shrug of the shoulders.

Ah, I apologise, I thought you meant that would be the reaction from Rangers fans given you’d said we’d furiously deny it.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Needs an apostrophe

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If it happens it will be nice to add to our previous 54 titles.  That's all.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

If Scotland continues on it's projected vaccination pace, I think there may well be fans in the stadium for the trophy presentation.

Doesn't need an apostrophe.