Livungstoppable vs Celtic - Wed 20th Jan 2021

Kinda gutted at not getting at least one win in our back to back games against them, we could've easily won both of them. Done with an offside goal and then not getting a stonewaller of a penalty, would rather have had the ref doing the right thing in either/both those decisions than the red card for Broon. Although tbf it was faf seeing him sent off after just coming on.

When i saw our line up i thought we were fucked, then we started playing and looked ok, after the goal we were all over the place in defence at times, and JET left the door open down our right flank for Celtic to exploit, but we still managed to clear the ball out our box. Good goal for their equaliser but poor from us giving so many corners away, Forrest had the chance to just hoof it to f**k up the pitch from the 1st or 2nd one. Thought when they scored it was offside, and was confirmed in the replays, but it counted and i was just hoping we could get to HT only a goal down and maybe bring on some of the first choice players to get back in the game.

Slagged JET to f**k but brilliant seeing him score, still maintain he's a man down when we've not got the ball, the way we play he sticks out like a sore thumb, just doesn't press or run about enough/at all, but can't fault him when we've got the ball and he joins in our attack, he's got quick feet and decent bit of skill. Prob got a place in our squad, but not as a starter against the top teams. Our substitutions made a big difference too, Kabia and Reilly gave us a lot more energy up front pressing Celtic players, and it made noticeable difference, if anyone deserved the 3 points 2nd half it was us, however with us resting 7 players and going 2-1 down, i'm pretty happy to get a point and making it 10IAR undefeated, and Celtic still not able to beat us at the Spaghettihad the last 3 seasons.

Big bit of praise to the lads who came in and played tonight, an:cheersd plaudits to Martindaleho, what a start to his managerial career, undefeated in 10 and in a semi final cup game, MoTM award for his first month in charge too, some guy.

Oh and well done to McCrorie making that great block to keep it 2-1 too, i'm not his biggest fan so fair fucks to him for that one.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

Celtic wins against top 6 opponents 20/21;

Win: Dundee United - 3-0 - 30/12

Win: Hibs - 3-0 - 28/09

That’s it I think? 

Also beat Dundee Utd 1-0 in August and Livingston 3-2 in September.

Their next 6 league games are St Mirren twice, Accies, Killie, Motherwell & St Johnstone. So they'll probably go on a run that will keep Lennon in the job, before losing twice at home to Aberdeen in February, then they've got Dundee Utd and Rangers.

I wonder if Rangers could win the league in that Old Firm game? There will be 5-6 games remaining after it so there must be a good chance.

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Their next 6 league games are St Mirren twice, Accies, Killie, Motherwell & St Johnstone. So they'll probably go on a run that will keep Lennon in the job, before losing twice at home to Aberdeen in February, then they've got Dundee Utd and Rangers.

I wonder if Rangers could win the league in that Old Firm game? There will be 5-6 games remaining after it so there must be a good chance.

They need to drop 2 or 3 points between now and then I think. If we'd have won one and drawn one then it would've been on if they both won every game until then

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

They need to drop 2 or 3 points between now and then I think. If we'd have won one and drawn one then it would've been on if they both won every game until then

They're 20 points behind with a couple of games in hand, so if the Rangers game ends up the last one before the split then Celtic would need to drop 2 points more than Rangers - which they could do in that game against Rangers. If they went into that Rangers game anything more than 12 points behind then it could be won that day.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Dundee United were 7th and Livi 9th when they played those games. 

This really quite some doing,

"Livi defender Ciaran Brown gave his side the lead, only for a neat finish from Nir Bitton to equalise moments later. Then, 26-year-old attacker Elyounoussi got his 13th goal of the season as headed home a Leigh Griffiths corner." 

https://tbrfootball.com/celtic-fans-praise-mo-elyounoussi-despite-draw-against-livingston/

While the Daily Record STILL think Livi is in East Lothian...

Horrible night for a game of football,took Celtic 25 minutes to get into the game for me,Livingston is always a hard place to go to pick up 3 points.
For me a draw was a fair result even thou our second was off side,Ajer should've scored plus we also had a shout for a penalty.
Celtic are drawing too many games and losing too many points in the last 30 minutes of games.