Livungstoppable vs Celtic - Wed 20th Jan 2021

4 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Not sure that resting several players was a great decision. When you think the run Livvy are on it might have made more sense to try to keep it going rather than potentially take a hiding.

I'm not even going on to any Rangers sites tonight, it'll be conspiracy city.

5 minutes ago, crispy said:

Forrest made the wrong choice and should’ve played Pitts in at 1-0.

Or Hamilton for a first time shot. 

As you say, needing JET to do this much work isn't working. If you have to persist with him, put JET where Pittman is and switch McMillan to the right. 

20 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

The reason it's "blatantly" offside is because he has been stood offside for the five seconds before the pass is made. The fact that, by the time it's actually made it's not yards offside, doesn't stop it from being blatant. A decent assistant notices that offside because they're switched on enough to anticipate it coming unless a Livi player steps back.

As long as that somehow makes sense in your head.

ETA - Standing ‘blatantly’ in an offside position often unsettles a defence to a point where one often breaks rank and drops back to a point that the attacker is now onside. In this case By the time the pass is made the linesman thinks a defender has now dropped far enough back to play him on. As much as conceding a goal like that would frustrate me a Blatant offside for me is a clear air gap between the players.

Edited by gannonball

Ajer is the latest Scandinavian Celtic defender I fucking hate. Not been very impressed with Soro when I've seen him.

Celtic moved the ball around better as the half wore on but Livi are always dangerous and could still win this I reckon. Get Pittman and Forrest running at that defence.

Just now, rainbowrising said:

Duffy makes me feel like I have been transported back to 1974. I didnt think a defender like him could be rated anywhere near good enough these days.

It’s telling that he’s first choice for club and county and both teams are utter shite.

21 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

When you have a goal that looks so obviously offside, you have to be so sure it is onside not to flag.

When did this rule change come in? Ffs changing the offside rule all the time these days

Edited by gannonball