Dunfermline v Ayr

We always said here if he could finish he'd be playing at a far higher level.

I think even if he’d got himself into the professional game earlier than he did he’d have found his way into the Premiership at least.

It’s only with hindsight you realise how classy Moffat was. He maybe didn’t grab as many goals we would have hoped he would, but for being an ageing player, he could run all day and his mentality was brilliant.

As for tomorrow’s game, looking for McInroy to start is simply odd. Barring that Hearts game, he has done nothing in a Pars jersey, whereas Wilson has looked quality any time he has played with exception to the Raith game were he gave away cheap position too often.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It’s only with hindsight you realise how classy Moffat was. He maybe didn’t grab as many goals we would have hoped he would, but for being an ageing player, he could run all day and his mentality was brilliant.

As for tomorrow’s game, looking for McInroy to start is simply odd. Barring that Hearts game, he has done nothing in a Pars jersey, whereas Wilson has looked quality any time he has played with exception to the Raith game were he gave away cheap position too often.

Moffat’s class was clear whilst he was here,   Best link up player since Brewster. He had issues in our first season as he was expected to be a goal scorer and we didn’t have anyone else fulfilling that role.  As soon as that pressure was taken away and he was allowed to focus on what he was best at he did it with ease.  

Wilson was doing reasonably well as the sitting midfielder,  since he has been given more freedom with Whittaker/mayo there instead he as been brilliant.  Dropping him doesn’t make sense.

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So dunfermline fans are defensive because other fans are legitimately irritated by the fact that they don't use / can't afford their undersoil heating?

Why waste thousands of pounds to get a frozen pitch turned into a mud bath to play Ayr Utd infront of no fans.  Ayr can go halfers on the fuel costs if they want.

41 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So dunfermline fans are defensive because other fans are legitimately irritated by the fact that they don't use / can't afford their undersoil heating?

I’d rather we did our bit to save the planet rather than burn hundreds of gallons of oil.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Do Ayr use their undersoil heating on when there's no fans at games? 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Always. Somerset is renowned for it. 

How much does it cost to run the undersoil heating?! Genuine question. 

Depends on the price of oil, you have to have it on for a few days, sure the cost is between 5k-8k.

Just now, Grant228 said:

Depends on the price of oil, you have to have it on for a few days, sure the cost is between 5k-8k.

Probably fair enough not to turn it on in the current situation then. 

Only disadvantage to Dunfermline might be a sporting one with midweek games etc. 

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

If the game is off will Ayr fans just accept it as something that can happen in winter, or will they take it incredibly badly like the Raith fans did?

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Why waste thousands of pounds to get a frozen pitch turned into a mud bath to play Ayr Utd infront of no fans.  Ayr can go halfers on the fuel costs if they want.
So your heating is pish, as well as expensive? Does it not work properly, or does it genuinely f**k the pitch up? What kind of crazy system is this?
I’d rather we did our bit to save the planet rather than burn hundreds of gallons of oil.
Aye, aye, that's the reason.
Do Ayr use their undersoil heating on when there's no fans at games? 
Touche.

For me it just sums up the farcical nature of Scottish football sometimes. The technology to get the game on has been installed but we can't use it.

Like i said, you lot are a touch sensitive over this issue.

It's genuinely bizarre.

My hearing is perfectly fine as well as our USH. We just decide to not turn it on for pishy wee clubs like Ayr.
So what's the deal with the mud-bath?

I understand the cost situation but it's still a farce. But if it fucks up the pitch as well then that's off-the -charts mental.

Tbf there is absolutely no logic in using USH for tomorrow's game if it costs £5-£8k, that's bonkers money which would even take serious consideration if it was worth putting on for a game with crowds.

I take it that was another bonkers requirement for clubs being in the premier league of the old SPL back in the day along with 12,000 capacity lego stadiums or however many it was. Brilliant logic used to make medium sized clubs like Dunfermline go nearly bankrupt to play in the top league of Scottish Football cause you need fancy criterias which outwiegh the quality of Scottish Football. Glad we never had that problem back in the day lol