Queens v Morton

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Made hard work of that,  same poor second half display as last week but got away with it today. Morton unlucky not to get a draw. Still not seen our opening goal. 

If you only turn up for 45 minutes and miss a sitter you aren't unlucky to lose, you're getting what you deserved for being incompetent.

Shields had the chance to make the last 10 a lot less nervy than they needed to be. Squaring it looked to be the better option.

That said, he has been on a decent run,  so probably felt confident of tucking it away.

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I missed it then too. 

Yeah, I missed Obileye's goal too - had to leave the game at half-time and only got back for the last 5 mins.  Looked as though we were hanging on - no surprise there.  Big big miss from Nisbet (Nesbit?) at the end there but we'll take it.  Great 3 points against a side who don't lose often and who always do well in Dumfries.  Gonna be a tough one next week up at Inverness.

Didn't bother with the stream but the positive is that the team didn't fold at 2-0 and clearly battled into the game again. A point would have been a much, much better result so to hear that we're missing sitters to nick that at the end is disappointing.

My main concern though is that every other team in the bottom half mix have been actively trying to improve their team for the second half of the season, while the chinless wonders owning Morton are just using the transfer window to clear the decks before they finally piss off in the summer. I'm not fully convinced that 100% effort and trying to shitfest points every week is going to be sustainable, unless some extra quality is added to that team as well. 

A game where we got two goals “out of the blue” despite not playing particularly well. Scrappy affair but as others have said that was a huge win after last week. Some players missing and a few others carrying knocks so a good days work. Credit to players and management for turning things around but a very long way to go. On the evidence of last week and the Dundee match last night I don’t see Arbroath “rolling over”. We still have too many players who simply don’t get involved enough in the match and staying out of bottom two is still a big task.