Queens v Morton

Kudos to providing brief highlights instead of the War and Peace efforts that most clubs devote to even utter garbage games.

Two or three players have a run on their marker for the first goal: it's a decent set-piece but the defending setup has failed badly as well. We don't lose too many set piece goals but Obileye scored a similar goal in the Betfred Cup match so it needs looked at again. The second one screams 'get Jacobs back in the side' because someone being waved straight through the middle of the team should never happen. Perhaps McAdams could do better but at least 90% of that is on the outfielders. 

Nesbitt's miss.

f716b9eec295def91a0747cff935c504.gif.10f7586eaee2fc30dd0ae7615cc9e4b5.gif

Edited by vikingTON

^^^ he’s run out of Ainsleys at last. Thank f**k for that.    😄

.......him and his wee pal haven't run out of wee rid dots though! 😁 🤣 🤪    Pair o' humourless gimps.......    😜

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If I was a Morton fan, I think I'd be angrier about our second goal than the miss at the end.

Fitzpatrick finishes well, but he doesn't actually beat anyone.  There's no way his path to goal should have been permitted by the many defenders in the vicinity.

Yep, seeing the highlights and replay now the Morton defence just opens up for Fitzpatrick, that said it was impressive pace that took him clear in the first place but you'd have thought that one of those defenders would have blocked his path.

As for the big miss at the end, well if that had been a Queens player and we'd have been a goal down with hardly any time left I'd have been fair howlin' at that miss too.  It's so easy for a talentless armchair expert like me to be critical, but to be fair to the lad the ball had taken a high bounce and he had to hit in on the rise as well so probably not actually the easiest ball to keep down.

Oh and don't want to criticise Shields as he's been magic of late, but his late one-on-one ...... if only he'd seen wee Mebude to his left .... as I said, us armchair experts .... 😏

On 24/01/2021 at 17:07, Otis Blue said:

Yep, seeing the highlights and replay now the Morton defence just opens up for Fitzpatrick, that said it was impressive pace that took him clear in the first place but you'd have thought that one of those defenders would have blocked his path.

As for the big miss at the end, well if that had been a Queens player and we'd have been a goal down with hardly any time left I'd have been fair howlin' at that miss too.  It's so easy for a talentless armchair expert like me to be critical, but to be fair to the lad the ball had taken a high bounce and he had to hit in on the rise as well so probably not actually the easiest ball to keep down.

Oh and don't want to criticise Shields as he's been magic of late, but his late one-on-one ...... if only he'd seen wee Mebude to his left .... as I said, us armchair experts .... 😏

Shields must have seen Mebude they went through together had to be a simple pass to Mebude 

As you say hard to criticise Sheilds and  he did get a good shot at goal away good save .

34 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Shields must have seen Mebude they went through together had to be a simple pass to Mebude 

As you say hard to criticise Sheilds and  he did get a good shot at goal away good save .

Yeah, in-form strikers invariably don't pass the ball do they ........ c'est la vie.  Shields is doing just great so he can get away with one now and then! 👍

On 25/01/2021 at 17:36, Northfield 53 said:

Shields has been great lately, but not playing the simple pass there was unforgivable.