Queens v Morton

I thought Breen did OK, I didn’t see him make any obvious mistakes, and the defence had a lot to do SH as our midfield was over-run.

Morton were poor first half, but were much better in the second, we did seem to steady the ship in the last quarter after a very rocky 10/15 minutes after Morton scored.

Very tense SH, we don’t do easy wins. But, compared to a few weeks ago, we’re now digging out results and getting the breaks ( like THAT miss).

That's what ... nearly half way through the season now and from the games I've seen there's really not much between Arbroath, Alloa (OK they were poor in Dumfries, but think they're playing better now), QOS, Ayr and Morton.  It's going to come down to a sitter missed here and there, a great blocked clearance now and again - fine margins as they say.  Really hard to predict who eventually slips through the trapdoor at the bottom.  Probably being a bit hard on Ayr and Morton here though.

28 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

That's what ... nearly half way through the season now and from the games I've seen there's really not much between Arbroath, Alloa (OK they were poor in Dumfries, but think they're playing better now), QOS, Ayr and Morton.  It's going to come down to a sitter missed here and there, a great blocked clearance now and again - fine margins as they say.  Really hard to predict who eventually slips through the trapdoor at the bottom.  Probably being a bit hard on Ayr and Morton here though.

The good thing is that we tend to be starting  games a lot better over the past month or so. We have tightened up at the back and that has made a world of difference.

it seemed like in a lot of games prior to that, we were one or two down, before we knew what had hit us. Only to rally with a goal or two , and then shut off and lose another cheap goal.

We are a lot more difficult to beat these days, and we are picking up points,  as a result. Long may that continue.

Edited by qos_75

Well that was fun! One leg of the tripod starting slipping during the first half which is why the camera was lower than usual and the post was in the way. Then it went completely, so the camera was literally hand-held for a few minutes while we cobbled something together which managed to last through the rest of the game.

Looking into the issue with the stream dropping as there were no issues or interruptions at the ground.

The wind protectors for the mics we ordered a couple of weeks ago arrived, though, of course there was no wind.

25 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

The good thing is that we tend to be starting  games a lot better over the past month or so. We have tightened up at the back and that has made a world of difference.

it seemed like in a lot of games prior to that, we were one or two down, before we knew what had hit us. Only to rally with a goal or two , and then shut off and lose another cheap goal.

We are a lot more difficult to beat these days, and we are picking up points,  as a result. Long may that continue.

.... very true QoS 75 👍

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Well that was fun! One leg of the tripod starting slipping during the first half which is why the camera was lower than usual and the post was in the way. Then it went completely, so the camera was literally hand-held for a few minutes while we cobbled something together which managed to last through the rest of the game.

Looking into the issue with the stream dropping as there were no issues or interruptions at the ground.

The wind protectors for the mics we ordered a couple of weeks ago arrived, though, of course there was no wind.

Shit happens..... think you're doing a fine job guys. 

Time for McGuffie to get some reasonable game time to see if he's up to it. Not that I think he's done much to merit it, but better to give him a run of games and find out than to stick with proven dung like Nesbitt and Salkeld.

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Cheers :)

We've been filming games for about 10 years now. Thats the first time a tripod has gone during the game. So frustrating!

Some of the highlights and camera work in recent years has been absolutely first class....... and I'm sure you're probably volunteers too. So hats off to you guys. 

Guest TOPFITTER
3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Well done for coping, Malcolm is so professional  it must have galled him. Sure he will recover by next home game and be back giving the best streaming in the league 👍👏

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Couldn't help but laugh at that, bringing in a last minute goalie to sit on the bench against the one team that's felt comfortable rolling with 1 GK all season.

To be fair, at the time we applied for one, we didnt even have one and Maley was expected to play! As they said in the commentary, Ferguson hasnt trained all week either and was a touch and go decision even this morning. On Friday morning we were deciding which outfield player would play in goal if we couldnt get hold of a loan player already Covid tested.

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

To be fair, at the time we applied for one, we didnt even have one and Maley was expected to play! As they said in the commentary, Ferguson hasnt trained all week either and was a touch and go decision even this morning. On Friday morning we were deciding which outfield player would play in goal if we couldnt get hold of a loan player already Covid tested.

Really cut it fine there, luckily it worked out in the end lol. First heard about it from Livingston's tweet about it, and I just saw them saying he was being loaned to sit on the bench against Morton, and I found the irony pretty funny. Again, it all worked out so that's good.

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Really cut it fine there, luckily it worked out in the end lol. First heard about it from Livingston's tweet about it, and I just saw them saying he was being loaned to sit on the bench against Morton, and I found the irony pretty funny. Again, it all worked out so that's good.

You have no idea how fine.........

Considering they have a League Cup semi final to prepare for, great help and assistance from David Martindale and Livingston too. The requirement for players to have been Covid tested within past 7 days is completely understandable but it doesnt half limit your options for a last minute emergency. Half the keepers in the country unable to play or even train right now but they werent an option as getting them tested on time couldnt be guaranteed.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

You have no idea how fine.........
Considering they have a League Cup semi final to prepare for, great help and assistance from David Martindale and Livingston too. The requirement for players to have been Covid tested within past 7 days is completely understandable but it doesnt half limit your options for a last minute emergency. Half the keepers in the country unable to play or even train right now but they werent an option as getting them tested on time couldnt be guaranteed.

Another story that emphasises just how unusual these times are.

Well we got what we deserved from that game. Queens did enough for the win and we were absolutely honking. Great second goal but I was surprised at our defending considering how well we have played in that area recently.  Get mclean and Jacobs back in the team. It's also time to give mcguffie a run of games to see what he can actually do. One of Salkeld, Colville and nesbitt can sit out as they give lots of effort but not much else. Up front in not even sure where to start. Orsi again gives loads of effort but it's not enough. 

17 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

I thought Breen did OK, I didn’t see him make any obvious mistakes, and the defence had a lot to do SH as our midfield was over-run.

I might be mistaken,  I very often am, but was it not Breen who didn't close down the Morton player who had the blocked shot that resulted in their goal,  In fact he looked to turn his back when the player had a shot. Otherwise I agree he did ok for his first game in our defence. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs