Queens v Morton

After watching Morton on Friday night we just don't have the players to go war with Morton .

That is how they play they give everything get the ball into the box from the long throw they will score from that we just can't defend constant balls into the box .

I would go with 3 centre backs have to hope the boy on loan from Rangers is good in the air but AJ will stick with the same team same system.

We are just not physical enough to trouble Morton 

I thought the reason we had a slight upturn in form and results was because we had been battling a bit more in midfield,  harrying the opposition,  and doing a bit more running off the ball looking for passes.  Against Arbroath it was,  for the most part,  back to being too soft, giving the opposition too much room and humping aimless balls forward rather than looking to make passes. If we do that against Morton we'll probably come off second best, hopefully we'll be more up for it than we looked last Saturday. 

On 16/01/2021 at 20:57, Northfield 53 said:

After watching Morton on Friday night we just don't have the players to go war with Morton .

That is how they play they give everything get the ball into the box from the long throw they will score from that we just can't defend constant balls into the box .

I would go with 3 centre backs have to hope the boy on loan from Rangers is good in the air but AJ will stick with the same team same system.

We are just not physical enough to trouble Morton 

Just last week u were unhappy with the signing of the boy from Rangers. Now u want to start him in a back 3 against a team that apparently go to war every time they play (they don’t). 

Don't know that much about Morton (apart from Jacobs!) this season but a quick look at the table shows only 3 defeats and fewer goals conceded than Hearts - Queens have let in over twice as many as Morton.  So to listen to some Ton fans on here whilst they may not be exactly setting the heather on fire this season they are certainly no mugs and don't roll over lightly.  If Queens can get the win here its sure gonna be hard earned.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Don't know that much about Morton (apart from Jacobs!) this season but a quick look at the table shows only 3 defeats and fewer goals conceded than Hearts - Queens have let in over twice as many as Morton.  So to listen to some Ton fans on here whilst they may not be exactly setting the heather on fire this season they are certainly no mugs and don't roll over lightly.  If Queens can get the win here its sure gonna be hard earned.

Our goals against column looks even worse due to a 5-0 hammering off Raith Rovers. Otherwise we've done pretty well at the back. However, we're not exactly scoring tons of goals at the other end, with the lack of a natural centre forward really starting to show.

I don't anticipate a classic.

Both sides will see this as a decent chance for a win but that's unlikely to make our approach any easier on the eye. Not much else we can do with our seaside league centre forward options, so hopefully set pieces will do some damage instead. 

1-2, Fjortoft and Colville.

Guest TOPFITTER

Hope Queens midfield concentrates on defending first, if they master that then the resultant possession should allow for enough attacking forays for Shields et al to capitalise.

Midfield defends well 3-1

Midfield think they are all Messi’s 0-2

’Mon the South ⚽⚽⚽

Loads of enthusiasms for this one, it seems!
I don't know if it was down to last week's reality check or maybe because recent QoS vs Morton games have been pretty dull (even when there have been goals). But I'm not as enthusiastic as I was last weekend. Hopefully the new boy gets a run at some point, be good to see a fresh face in the side.

This will be an interesting game for sure. Dapo is a brilliant signing for Queens - he is extremely highly rated by Rangers and is the exactly type of player I would have hoped we would bring in on loan to solve our toothless frontline problem.

If he is as good as I expect him to be then it should pretty much guarantee them safety.

As for us, well it will be the usual workmanlike effort, keeping it tight at the back and trying to nick a goal. Suspect it will be a low scoring game, probably 1-0 one way or another. Being optimistic and will go for 1-0 to us through an Orsi strike.

Btw - what is the QotS streaming like - good, bad or indifferent?

30 minutes ago, BishyTON said:

This will be an interesting game for sure. Dapo is a brilliant signing for Queens - he is extremely highly rated by Rangers and is the exactly type of player I would have hoped we would bring in on loan to solve our toothless frontline problem.

If he is as good as I expect him to be then it should pretty much guarantee them safety.

As for us, well it will be the usual workmanlike effort, keeping it tight at the back and trying to nick a goal. Suspect it will be a low scoring game, probably 1-0 one way or another. Being optimistic and will go for 1-0 to us through an Orsi strike.

Streaming is good, commentary team are one of the best in the division.

34 minutes ago, BishyTON said:

The streaming gets good reviews from almost every away fan that has commented. It's pretty much the same quality as Dunfermlines as we apparently use the same system.  The commentary is fairly reasonable and impartial too,  but there is very little build up before ko and it ends fairly abruptly after the full time whistle.  Well worth the  £10 to purchase. 

Edit to add: If it's a windy day, which today luckily isn't,  the commentators seemingly don't have the mics to cope with the wind interference. A small detraction from an otherwise good service. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs